Excellent Service

spiritburner

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2012
Sitges, Espana
This is not Spam or advertising.

i just wanted to say what great service I received from Steve Hughes at Power Pedals , I ordered my new Tonaro Unicorn with throttle from him and its arrived this afternoon in a nice big box within 2 days to me here in Barcelona.

Philip kept me up to date with the order process by regular emails and courier tracking after despatch, a really excellent service just glad it got away before the snow hits you guys!! :)

Now to open it up!!!!!

Thanks

Neil

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Good to hear Neil, congratulations on your new bike. Enjoy!

Don't be too confident about the snow, Bologna in Italy is struggling with deep snow today. so Spain is a possibility. For your sake I hope not though.

C

Cyclezee

Nice one Neil,

Think you might have meant Phil Hughes at PP.
The Unicorn should be able to get you up Tibidabo, but what are you going to do with that huge box?

spiritburner

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2012
Sitges, Espana
As I type this looking out of my lounge window the first snow flakes of the year are settling on my terrace!! its currently minus 2 outside! Teach me to speak to soon!!! :)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Don`t mention the "T" word on here. You will start an avalanche ;Ø)

Steve
LOL.........yes, but isnt it nice Steve to have another " gang member " !! :D

( we've gone far too quiet recently.....roll on spring and all those lovely long Tonaro assisted rides ) :D

Enjoy the Tonaro Neil..........great choice !

Lynda :)

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
LOL.........yes, but isnt it nice Steve to have another " gang member " !! :D

( we've gone far too quiet recently.....roll on spring and all those lovely long Tonaro assisted rides ) :D

Enjoy the Tonaro Neil..........great c

+1................

spiritburner

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2012
Sitges, Espana
Well, I got it out the box, started to build it and then its started snowing over here and its freezing down in the garage so i am going to leave it for a day or so.... Bike looks really good though....

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Well, I got it out the box, started to build it and then its started snowing over here and its freezing down in the garage so i am going to leave it for a day or so.... Bike looks really good though....
is there a branch of spec savers in Barcelona?:p

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
WIMP LOL
You will have to be tougher than that now that you have admitted that you are in our Tonaro gang on THIS forum :D :D

You DO know that you have now entered the dark side don't you ?? :D

spiritburner

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2012
Sitges, Espana
I know, but its really cold over here and it was really windy which made it worse and when you have lived here as long as i have you dont mind because you know tomorrow its going to be sunny and therefore it just doesnt matter waiting a few hours :D

Neil

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
I know, but its really cold over here and it was really windy which made it worse and when you have lived here as long as i have you dont mind because you know tomorrow its going to be sunny and therefore it just doesnt matter waiting a few hours :D

Neil

LOL....tell me about it !

Having lived there for the last 14 years and just returned to the COLD here ( and I really MEAN cold !! ) only 6 days ago, I know what you mean......and I lived near Malaga......much hotter than Sitges :D

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
A good few years ago I went on a business trip to Madrid - and the previous night the temperature had dropped to -10 Celsius, about the same as in London at the time. You can imagine the mayhem that had caused - little or no antifreeze in most vehicles, no serious heating in most premises. They say we're never prepared for the worst that winter can throw at us but Madrid was collectively in a state of considerable shock....

Rog.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
A good few years ago I went on a business trip to Madrid - and the previous night the temperature had dropped to -10 Celsius, about the same as in London at the time. You can imagine the mayhem that had caused - little or no antifreeze in most vehicles, no serious heating in most premises. They say we're never prepared for the worst that winter can throw at us but Madrid was collectively in a state of considerable shock...

Rog.

Yes Rog.... but have you ever seen the collection of snow ploughs and gritters that are permanently kept at SomoSierra 70km north of Madrid ?
Must be at least 50 of them and they patrol that main road north gritting at the slightest excuse !
They put the UK to shame LOL.....

And if you think Spanish drivers are....lets be kind here ....' not that good '.......dont ever try driving with them in ice, snow....or even heavy rain........that really IS frightening......so perhaps its just as well that their cars usually freeze up from lack of anti freeze !!

spiritburner

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2012
Sitges, Espana
Yes Rog.... but have you ever seen the collection of snow ploughs and gritters that are permanently kept at SomoSierra 70km north of Madrid ?
Must be at least 50 of them and they patrol that main road north gritting at the slightest excuse !
They put the UK to shame LOL.....

And if you think Spanish drivers are....lets be kind here ....' not that good '.......dont ever try driving with them in ice, snow....or even heavy rain........that really IS frightening......so perhaps its just as well that their cars usually freeze up from lack of anti freeze !!

Lynda, you know this, you have lived here but people always have the misnomer that Spain is just a hot country, nearly all the north of Spain and that includes the Barcelona Med coast as well can become very cold, were only 2 hrs from Andorra and its ski resorts, north of Madrid you have Burgos, its always -8 there in the winter for at least a couple of months and colder, we regularly get to -5 here near Sitges although Sitges does not get these temperatures, its protected and has its own microclimate hence the 300 days of sunshine we get, we live inland about 8 kms from Sitges and we are about 750 feet up so feel it, its always at least 4 deg colder here than in Sitges even in the summer, as I type this i have a layer of ice already formed overnight on the pool, but seriously it only lasts for a day or so at max and then we are back to normal cold sunny days :)

The houses here are the main problem, they simply are not geared up for the cold, its only in the last few years that double glazing, central heating and cavity/roof insulation are becoming the norm, tiled floors are freezing in the winter, hence the big rush to the dry cleaners to pick up the rugs that they store for you over the summer.... We have a woodburner which we keep going for most of the winter, our heating/hot water runs off gasoil (diesel) as we dont have natural gas supply, last year I used 2000 litres and this years it costs €1.06/litre, we use that in the 4 months of winter!!

We have had more snow and colder temperatures here than we ever did in Winchester and yes when it does get bad the drivers over here have no idea whatsoever in how to adapt their driving for the elements, Its either stop or flat out but when that sun comes out all is forgiven!:cool:

Yesterday we had the gritters out and today the local schools are closed as its so cold, the snow didnt lay yesterday but more is expected today although looking out the window now all i can see is blue sky and sun although it is minus 4, so as soon as the sun hits the garage i am back to building the bike!!!

Neil:D

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
You are so right about the houses Neil !

Looking forward to hearing all about your Tonaro adventures.......us Tonaro group of fans are quite a resilient group.....and very 'tough skinned'........we have to be at times !!............ :D :D
Pictures would be great of you out and about cycling.....

Anyway, have fun !

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
You can use it in the snow but give it a bit of a clean afterwards and take it easy on the throttle when you get to the slippy bits.

It is about -7 over here in Denmark and we have had snow for about a week. Jannie rides her Compy the 10 mile round trip to work every day. She really likes the wide, knobbly tyres.

I will have to post a pic when I get one.

Steve

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
You can use it in the snow but give it a bit of a clean afterwards and take it easy on the throttle when you get to the slippy bits.

It is about -7 over here in Denmark and we have had snow for about a week. Jannie rides her Compy the 10 mile round trip to work every day. She really likes the wide, knobbly tyres.

I will have to post a pic when I get one.

Steve
I second that! >. particularly the chain. My Cannondale rusted last year and snapped just after the Christmas/New Year snow....

steve.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2011
Exeter Devon
As we speak it's freezing point here in Exeter (and yes I still have my shorts on) but as for Madrid you have to remember its the highest city in Europe so it would be cold. Regards Steve