Excellent Service

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
As we speak it's freezing point here in Exeter (and yes I still have my shorts on) but as for Madrid you have to remember its the highest city in Europe so it would be cold. Regards Steve

Good god Steve......you got anti-freeze in your veins ?? :D

Lynda :)

steve.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2011
Exeter Devon
Hi Linda. No antifreeze just wine mostly??? But I spent years running up to 130 miles a week doing marathons & 30mile cross country races and also I used to do a lot of skin diving & spear fishing all year round untill the cold damaged the bones in my ears so I now can't put my head under water but it's more about personal preference & I prefer not to put on trousers. Bye

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Well, I can relate to the wine bit........but as for the rest.......!!!

One thing for sure........ you wont be hard to spot next time Im driving in Exeter :D

steve.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2011
Exeter Devon
Ha ha

Hi Linda. On my days off I can usually be found in the Sawyers (Weatherspoons) in Cowick Street in the afternoon with my bike parked out front???. But as you said I would be easy to spot??.:eek:. As an afterthought when you go to Spain or fly??? as I work at your local airport. :cool:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
You'll never catch me at an airport Steve.....drive every time......complete flying phobia......
however....... Im quite often around Cowick Street..... :D

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
Well, I can relate to the wine bit........but as for the rest.......!!!

One thing for sure........ you wont be hard to spot next time Im driving in Exeter :D

It also goes to show what I've long suspected - an abnormal (pun intended) proportion of people who should be locked up for their own protection appear on here!

(Yes, I know - me included)

Rog.

steve.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2011
Exeter Devon
Come in

You'll never catch me at an airport Steve.....drive every time......complete flying phobia......
however....... Im quite often around Cowick Street..... :D

If you see my bike chained up out front come in and shout my name ???or ask behind the bar for the nut in shorts!! :cool:

spiritburner

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2012
Sitges, Espana
Well the bike is all finished and ready for the road, I am really pleased with it but it was minus 4 degrees at 9.30 this morning and a strong north easterly wind all night and day which blew the swinging hammock off the terrace this morning at 3.30am, I tried it for 5 mns in front of the house and thought my fingers had snapped off! Maybe tomorrow! At least the sun is shining and no sign of snow, has anyone got any charging tips on this bike please.

Thanks

Neil

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just top up the charge regularly Neil, avoid running the battery down to empty unless a journey necessitates that. Hope you escape the snow and it warms up soon.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Good for you Neil.
Hope its nicer weather for you to get a good test ride tomorrow.
You need to do 3 full discharges of your battery to condition it.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Just top up the charge regularly Neil, avoid running the battery down to empty unless a journey necessitates that. Hope you escape the snow and it warms up soon.
Why not Flecc ?
Surely he has to condition it first ?
I did....

PS...no snow here in south Somerset :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Certainly one full discharge does no harm and can reset a battery meter if it's an integral intelligent one. But much opinion now is that lithium cells don't need all these discharges and those on bikes where it's not recommended perform just as well.

Afterwards, lithium batteries should be regularly topped up for longest life, running them to empty stresses them most. This goes for most battery types, only NiCad and NiMh differ.

spiritburner

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2012
Sitges, Espana
Good for you Neil.
Hope its nicer weather for you to get a good test ride tomorrow.
You need to do 3 full discharges of your battery to condition it.

Thanks Lynda and Flecc, its always cold here up til Carnival in mid February and then it starts to improve.:)

rough photo below, excuse the mess in the workshop, needs a tidy but the bike took precedence!

Attachments