Expensive mistake

D

Deleted member 4366

Don't forget that Woosh have a 14 day return agreement. If you don't like the bike, you can send it back for £45. It's therefore a gamble with good odds. If you like the bike and keep it, you'll save hundreds against alternatives. If you don't like it, it costs £45, or you can send it back yourself with Paisley foe £30.

The Woosh Sport CD with bottle battery will have a very low c of g to make handling very easy.

From the Woosh website:
"Mail order refunds:
A refund can be offered within 14 days from the date you receive your bike if you are not satisfied and the bike is undamaged. If your bike was assembled by a Woosh Service Partner, we cannot refund their fee.
The bike must be returned undamaged at your expense in its original carton within 14 days with return carriage payable by yourself. If it has been damaged, we will deduct the cost of repairs. Your statutory rights are unaffected.

Returns
Your bike is a big investment. We want to make sure you really do want an electric bike and that you have chosen the right one before we send it to you, as returning it is not easy.
If you cannot ‘get on’ with the bike, please call us. We may be able to suggest ways of improving your ride. If not, then you have 14 days from receipt in which to return it to us.
You must do so in its original carton, to include all wrapping. The bike must of course be fully dismantled and in pristine condition so that we are able to resell it at a slightly reduced price.
You are responsible for its safe return so we recommend using a quality carrier with insurance for the value of the bike. Alternatively, call us and we will arrange to get it collected.
The cost of this service is £20 for the Mono and £45 for any other model and this will be deducted from your refund."

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Denwyn,

When did you send this?
We get a lot of requests each day but quite a few people forget to include their post code or details of which model thay are interested in. I try to reply asking for this but quite often don't hear back. I have someone in Bridgwater - I might be able to ask them, don't know yet. Is this any good?
I am guessing Torquay is much too far away from you? We have a customer there wanting to sell his very nice, cared for Sirocco 2 second hand but it is a MTB style and really only suitable for 5 ft 8" and upwards - so probably no good? Details on the second hand page of our website

Hatti
Haven't got the exact date but i ordered the Kudos on 6th September, so i would estimate i sent off my postcode details about 5 to 7 days prior to this, thanks for your offer of the Bridgwater bike ride, but to be honest i am completely off buying blind again having dropped a real clanger with the Kudos. I must say your bikes do look very good though, i am thinking i may see if i can get time to get up to the NEC bike show next weekend, sorry to see Woosh are not there though

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Bike is now up for sale on Gumtree and Preloved with many pictures,will be going on Ebay later this evening or tomorrow...thanks

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Hi Denwyn...... Its a shame that your bike is too heavy for what I really wanted, as i'm 6' 2" tall and it would probably fit me fine. I'm also a fellow biker and live not far from you in Bridgwater.
Best of luck with the sale. Its a bargain, i'm sure it'll sell quick.

BTW, what motorcycle is that in your garage ?

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Sort of, I dislike having one on a bike myself, an unnecessary complication in my view.
I used to think that too ... until I got used to riding with one. Now I'm inclined to think the complex PAS-throttles are in a way an unnecessary complication in that they are so sensitive to pedal torque and gear selection. A throttle can be used to vary assistance according to how you want it at any time and not just in response to how your riding fits the pre-programmed PAS parameters.

It's true that riding a bike like a Bosch probably feels more "natural" if a natural cycling experience is what you're after. However if some variable speed boost for a given effort is what you're looking for then I'm inclined to feel a throttle does that better !

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Good point Alex, I can't argue with that. The Bosch allows for an awful lot of varying situations I find, apart from the uncomfortable just sitting there twisting the throttle.

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Hi Denwyn...... Its a shame that your bike is too heavy for what I really wanted, as i'm 6' 2" tall and it would probably fit me fine. I'm also a fellow biker and live not far from you in Bridgwater.
Best of luck with the sale. Its a bargain, i'm sure it'll sell quick.

BTW, what motorcycle is that in your garage ?
Its my Royal Enfield Elextra efi, i hope the bike sells quick, its been an expensive mistake.

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
Denwyn,

I'm not seeing this on eBay yet. IMHO I really think eBay will get you the best price.

By the way, I love the Indian Royal Enfields but I think I would have to live in France to own one of those, where I could chug along deserted roads in Normandy, unfortunately there seems to be nowhere in Britain you can do that these days, perhaps north west Scotland, bit of a slog to get there though :)

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Denwyn,

By the way, I love the Indian Royal Enfields but I think I would have to live in France to own one of those, where I could chug along deserted roads in Normandy, unfortunately there seems to be nowhere in Britain you can do that these days, perhaps north west Scotland, bit of a slog to get there though :)
Not too far, it's about 100 miles or so. ;)

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Denwyn,

I'm not seeing this on eBay yet. IMHO I really think eBay will get you the best price.

You won't be seeing it on EBay I'm afraid,worked out there charges on a £450 sale and it wasn't worth the effort, I had some initial interest in the bike,and in the end I accepted a £400 offer,just waiting for confirmation on this. Its been a very painful intro into e-bikes for me. I was intending to buy another fairly quickly but think after this I may just leave it for now,and maybe look again some day. I use the Enfield a lot,never go on motorways etc with it,lots of quiet minor roads down here in Somerset and Devon,its a quirky bike,a real old plodder, I've done the fast bikes, but I enjoy the Enfield as at least I get to see the countryside when I'm on it :) . So hopefully my Kudos City will be gone soon,I can't say I have enjoyed having it,its a good bike just not for me though.

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
denwyn,

that's a real shame, and i'm sorry its turned out that way. I'm still a bit surprised kudos c/wouldn't do anything to help :(

i hope you do manage to get yourself another ebike, if you find yourself passing hampshire anytime, feel free to pop by and try both our bikes (my wife is 5'1, i'm taller, but have the same inside leg measurement as you) as one has torque sensor and one has throttle.

i think either a torque sensor or a throttle will go a long way towards solving the problem of 'wobbly starts' as they can both provide instant power to get away from lights/junctions - i appreciate your problems though as i've had trouser changing moments whilst riding the wife's bike and forgetting the throttle whilst trying to start off on a hill in traffic.

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
denwyn,

that's a real shame, and i'm sorry its turned out that way. I'm still a bit surprised kudos c/wouldn't do anything to help :(

i hope you do manage to get yourself another ebike, if you find yourself passing hampshire anytime, feel free to pop by and try both our bikes (my wife is 5'1, i'm taller, but have the same inside leg measurement as you) as one has torque sensor and one has throttle.

i think either a torque sensor or a throttle will go a long way towards solving the problem of 'wobbly starts' as they can both provide instant power to get away from lights/junctions - i appreciate your problems though as i've had trouser changing moments whilst riding the wife's bike and forgetting the throttle whilst trying to start off on a hill in traffic.

Not surprised with Kudos not offering help because I never asked them,didn't seem any point as its my fault buying the thing in the first place. I will be so glad when its gone,thanks for the offer of a trial ride on the bikes, I'm going to step away from e-bikes for a bit and have a good think before I decide if I want one.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Not surprised with Kudos not offering help because I never asked them,didn't seem any point as its my fault buying the thing in the first place. I will be so glad when its gone,thanks for the offer of a trial ride on the bikes, I'm going to step away from e-bikes for a bit and have a good think before I decide if I want one.
Once bitten twice shy. Go to a show. Try a load of them. Then you'll have your answer. A proper mail order company like Wiggle will let you return a bike if it's not right so long as it's in 'as new' condition. Even if wrong size for you etc. You can't take that as your "fault" when you haven't seen or sat on a bike. It's what sale of goods act is driving at. And no reasonable buyer can see if a bike works for them without assembling it. Provided the bike isn't damaged it should go back and you should get your money back less return delivery costs (about £25).

I personally think you're being far too sensitive over asking Kudos to take it back if it doesn't work for you. Even if you blame yourself (or your wife blames you - whichever it is)... and even if say, it fitted you like a glove but you didn't like the colour. I wouldn't be so sensitive. In the end it's business and when you live miles away from suppliers it costs as much to go try bikes out as it does to pay for the return postage on a couple of unsuitable ones. But if you insist on being a martyr !

Last edited:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Rose return conditions are nice and clear.

You can examine the bike 'as you would in a shop' after which you can return it, and you do not have to give a reason.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Denwyn,
I really wish you had tried lowering the seat with the new seat post you ordered.

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
Denwyn,

I know you must feel you are taking flak from every angle but we have your interests at heart.

I feel you have rushed the sale of this bike, £400 is undervalued in my humble opinion.

Anyway, you are lucky, you have a Royal Enfield and I don't :)

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I'm sure none of these posts were intended as "flak" though after re-reading them, some of them including my last one, sound a bit harsh.
I think we are all just disappointed that in the end we couldn't help you.
Maybe if one of us had lived nearer it would have been good to call round and try to solve your problem.
You mustn't blame yourself, it's just one of those things in life.
We all make errors of judgement from time to time so try to put it behind you, far worse things happen in life as I'm sure you know and I've made my share in the past and I'm sure will make some more in the future.
I hope it doesn't put you off for good though I fear it might, there is so much fun to be had with powered bike.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Denwyn,after trying to read all your postings I am not quite sure what is the current 'state of play'. We will have a stand at the NEC cycle show plus a number of bikes on the test track. I have just returned from a long and difficult journey home so am having difficulty understanding both your problem and a possible solution.
It may be possible for Kudos to come to some compromise that would be better than you trying to sell the Kudos City bike on ebay. The bikes are currently very cheap to make some room in our warehouse but will at some point revert to their normal rrp level and £400 will then look stupidly cheap.
The most important point is that ultimately you end up with a bike you are comfortable with,that may or may not be a Kudos bike but to keep making knee jerk reactions will inevitably involve another mistake.
I strongly suggest that you visit the NEC cycle show or find a dealer that has a variety of bikes for you to try,a lighter weight mountain style bike may be a better option,such as the Kudos Cobra or maybe the smaller wheel Kudos Secret may do the job-you may feel in more control.
Kudos are very approachable in these matters,your current City with 30 miles use is really at the level of a test bike and I am sure we can come to a deal but you do need to talk to us.
Ultimately there may be a better bike for you,away from the Kudos range,but give yourself a fair chance to simply sort out the solution.
KudosDave

ghost

Pedelecer
Sep 12, 2013
re. throttle I consider it essential, or at least highly desirable. How else do you keep the power on when taking corners as you cant pedal because you are leant over so far the pedals hit the ground if you try! Or perhaps 65 year olds don't ride e-bikes like that!