Eyewear for Cyclists

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I find that they can work against you on foggy days. The fine droplets of moisture in the atmosphere constantly build up on the lens reducing visibility to zero. I usually end up not using glasses in such weather.

Reactions: SRS

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
They must have been better than ones that I bought although in fairness I can't remember if they came from Aldi or Lidl:confused:
These are pretty good, but old. Thinking about it, I could have had them six years or more. Maybe the more recent models have suffered in terms of quality.

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
I use these Voltx bifocal glasses they come in various strengths and makes it possible to read your bike computer screen with ease. I bought all three and find them great, the darker ones are excellent in summer as they are not too dark. They are available on ebay or amazon at around £10.00pr$_57.JPG

C

Cyclezee

I use these Voltx bifocal glasses they come in various strengths and makes it possible to read your bike computer screen with ease. I bought all three and find them great, the darker ones are excellent in summer as they are not too dark. They are available on ebay or amazon at around £10.00prView attachment 12874
Nice find Izzyekerslike, I might has Santa for a pair;)

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
£190 a pair.
Whats the unprecedented control of light transmission they talk about?

My De Walts just make the world look darker when i put them on.
Dunno, but it sounds impressive doesn't it, just like their claims of 'Thermonuclear Protection'

Snort

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they are good tho best i have ever used tbh but cost a lot.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: flecc

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Whats the unprecedented control of light transmission they talk about?
My glasses make the world look brighter. So much so that you end up wearing them when it is dark and you look like a right w**ker... In any case after wearing them for a while you get these mind tricks when you take them off everything looks like it is false 3-D, that would please soundwave I bet :D

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Wow-They won't be selling any of these at that price up here in Yorkshire... They say a Yorkshire man is like a Scotsmen but with the generosity squeezed out!

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
I suffer from eye watering with wind, especially in cold weather, so even the side open specs style is no use since the wind eddies around the edges makes matters worse than no eye wear.

The only ones that work really well for me are the tiny eyeball enclosing goggles that the roadies wear, but they look ridiculous on an upright sitting utility cyclist.

So my compromise has been a pair of cheap goggles that wrapped around close enough at the sides to do a reasonable job. However for my very local riding now such as shops etc, I just keep the speed down to avoid the need of eye protection.
flecc I can highly reccomend something like the Bolle Tracker for your particular issue. They seal right against the skin all round the eye. Comfy too as the seal is a high density foam. I use mine for 8hrs+ when doing Airsoft and they have yet to cause me any discomfort.

Reactions: flecc