First look at the new Woosh 26 x 4 Rio

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
It looks a nice bike but the motor doesn't look as powerful as a motor such as the BPM on some of the other Woosh bikes. I'm not sure how well this bike would be able to climb hills, but presumably not as good as the Big Bear.

Reactions: 131dom

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Bafang can make the G06 fat bike motor in many ratings, depending on customers request, from 250W to 750W. The climbing power depends very much on the controller. I specified 36V 18A 190mm axle width. Compared to the Big Bear, it's only 10% less. Both motors have the same 5:1 reduction ratio.

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
Bafang can make the G06 fat bike motor in many ratings, depending on customers request, from 250W to 750W. The climbing power depends very much on the controller. I specified 36V 18A 190mm axle width. Compared to the Big Bear, it's only 10% less. Both motors have the same 5:1 reduction ratio.
It sounds like it is a very good climber then that comes very close to the climbing ability of the Big Bear.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It sounds like it is a very good climber then that comes very close to the climbing ability of the Big Bear.
What it sounds like and what it may well do is unknown until you or some one else has tried it the finished article, at the end of the day it may be totally pants.

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
true. It's at sea at the moment. I'll let you know soon.

• :D
Reactions: IR772

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
yes, just one. I have to confirm all the changes then they'll go ahead with production.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
think about the positives: the prodution bike will be better. I have $100 to spend on improvements.

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
What it sounds like and what it may well do is unknown until you or some one else has tried it the finished article, at the end of the day it may be totally pants.
Yes and I realize that. We can't know for sure until the finished product is tried out, although we can still have a reasonable guess.

Reactions: trex

BrianP

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2012
I have a owned a Surly Moonlander with 5" tyres. Huge fun, great for riding on my local shingle beaches at Hurst Castle. Lot of drag on smooth tarmac though.
4" is better but still draggy on asphalt, ok on gravel.
3" you should consider as a really good compromise.
Guess power assist means no need to worry about drag! 3"x27.5 is very popular just now.

Price is good. There seems to be strong demand with high prices and experienced fat bikers who have had to swop to electric are hugely enjoying them.

Brian

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Thank you for your word of encouragement, Sherman. I am thinking of offering a choice of tyres. 26" x 3" with road tread for winter commuting and 26 x 4 with off-road tread for farm tracks. What do you think?

on road tread is on the left:

Reactions: VictoryV

brit151

Pedelecer
Jul 19, 2015
Really like the look of this bike 'minus the rack'. Been looking for something similar for sometime now in terms of looks. Had my eye on the previous oxygen model but I’m in two minds on whether or not I like new the integrated battery on the S-cross and large logo. Will be interesting to see how it performs and if de restriction is possible? At that price point presumable cycle to work scheme becomes an option for many also.

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Have you considered a groove under the top frame so the wires can run in a more discrete fashion??

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: IR772

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
SW I'd like to see you "jump" that one in the forest . . But at least it will float when an angry walker pushes you in the canal.

TREX Although it wouldn't be for me , I think your onto a winner with the Rio it looks different and seems to be value From the little I know about selling ebikes I think this bike would appeal to a younger audience and the writing on the tyres is good and would add to the appeal at very little or no cost.
Good luck with it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: IR772 and trex