First outing on a new oygen stylee-mate citye-mate very disappointed

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Surely he benefits from it, the fake product and brand endorsement just sucks from miles away. Sorry Eddie but it really does smell bad. I bet you Eddie didn't pay a penny for that DaaHub, did ya?
No way Alex. Eddie is very enthusiastic about any product he enjoys which performs well, this also applying to makes other than Wisper, for example Flyer, Bosch and KTM. That Wisper enjoys such praise from him and others reflects the superb backup that company has long provided, setting an example for others that many companies in this field are now compelled to follow to ensure success.

Wisper don't need to promote with giveaways, they sell on their product and support reputation.

alex_h

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2009
Yes Tony, I've got no doubts about Eddie being an enthusiast but the way he is knocking other brands that he has never put his hands on are just not right. I remember him knocking Ezee bikes when he never even ridden one. I love my Forza and I think it's a great bike. When someone is making untruthful statements just makes me sick, sorry

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Yes Tony, I've got no doubts about Eddie being an enthusiast but the way he is knocking other brands that he has never put his hands on are just not right. I remember him knocking Ezee bikes when he never even ridden one. I love my Forza and I think it's a great bike. When someone is making untruthful statements just makes me sick, sorry
what brands am I knocking. your worse for historic garbage then my Mum, forever dragging up the past

If you where around more you would see that I have recently been defending Ezee in the original to this that David posted then decided to abandon (I wonder why.......) You would have loved it! lol

FYI: http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/10078-oygen-stylee-mate-citye-mate-silver.html

best regards the wooden spoon meister..Eddie;)

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
And very quick to slag off all others.
whats the matter with you, I have 2 bikes neither are wisper bikes, and I have a wisper kit..Get over yourself?

david1949

Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2011
Belfast
I understand what you are saying Fleec but while we are on the subject of talking about the Wisper clinic and i hope i don't put my foot in it i wonder why on other E Bike manufacturer like Oxygen has not start up a clinic for there bikes on the Pedelecs site i think the clinic is very interesting to look at

It's usually related to how many there are David, there are a huge number of the very popular Wisper e-bikes on the road so fault reporting will be more obvious than with the many makes that sell only a fraction of the number.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Having a clinic takes a lot of confidence David, both trust in one's product and preparedness to deal with difficult support issues.

I've known David Miall, MD of Wisper, travel long distances in the UK to personally deal with a customer/supplier problem before now, and on one occasion withdrawing the Wisper agency from a dealer since their support was not up to his standards. That's rare outside of the highly developed motor industry.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
>David 1949,
Oxygen have offered to replace your bike,to N.I. that will be a very expensive exercise. Have you considered asking one of the local e-bike suppliers to have a quick look. The problem you stated seems to be about the speed sensor,if the sensor is not directly looking at the rear wheel or the crank or if the sensor has been damaged in transit then it will produce the problem you identify. The sensor is determining that the bike has exceeded 15.5 mph but not responding when the speed falls below. We had a rear wheel sensor that had rotated away from the wheel and causing similar problem,just rotating the sensor cured the problem.
E-bike motor problems are normally caused by-
1. Brake lever sensors not backing off.
2. Speed sensors faulty or displaced
3. Battery fuses
4. Controller faulty
The order is in order of frequency.
Dave
KudosCycles

david1949

Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2011
Belfast
Thank you Kuboscycles for your input but Andrew from Oxygen is sending me a replacement bike and as i said before outstanding customer service and i am very well pleased with the way he has dealt with my problem. I don't know about any other e bike manufacture but they could not have dealt with my problem any better than Andrew has. And 50 Cycles did P D I the bike and it arrived to me in good condition no damage so i hope my second bike will be here Wednesday or Thursday and once again thank you Andrew of Oxygen

>David 1949,
Oxygen have offered to replace your bike,to N.I.

that will be a very expensive exercise. Have you considered asking one of the local e-bike suppliers to have a quick look. The problem you stated seems to be about the speed sensor,if the sensor is not directly looking at the rear wheel or the crank or if the sensor has been damaged in transit then it will produce the problem you identify. The sensor is determining that the bike has exceeded 15.5 mph but not responding when the speed falls below. We had a rear wheel sensor that had rotated away from the wheel and causing similar problem,just rotating the sensor cured the problem.
E-bike motor problems are normally caused by-
1. Brake lever sensors not backing off.
2. Speed sensors faulty or displaced
3. Battery fuses
4. Controller faulty
The order is in order of frequency.
Dave
KudosCycles

garrence

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2010
I'm puzzled why Eddie is so against the Oxygen bikes yet so much in favour of Wisper when the bikes are so very similar.

The Oxygen has a rear disc brake instead of the calliper one on the Wisper - I much prefer these because they work better and they don't wear the rims out. It's more keenly priced and has a very personal and high quality support service. I expect the Wisper has the edge in some other area but I'm pleased I chose Oxygen after carefully looking into both.

It did come with a bell but it never got fitted. No-one notices the little "ding dings" - much better to just shout! Better still, get an AirZound - cars stop dead!

david1949

Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2011
Belfast
OK lets leave Eddie alone now he has his point of view we may not agree with sometimes it may be the way he puts it across but he likes Wisper and that is it now i went for the Oxygen because i think it is a better bike

I'm puzzled why Eddie is so against the Oxygen bikes yet so much in favour of Wisper when the bikes are so very similar.

The Oxygen has a rear disc brake instead of the calliper one on the Wisper - I much prefer these because they work better and they don't wear the rims out. It's more keenly priced and has a very personal and high quality support service. I expect the Wisper has the edge in some other area but I'm pleased I chose Oxygen after carefully looking into both.

It did come with a bell but it never got fitted. No-one notices the little "ding dings" - much better to just shout! Better still, get an AirZound - cars stop dead!

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I have never once said anything against Oxygen bikes, have never tried one, and I really like Andrew. But David asked for opinion and advice, and mine was that in his situation and where he lived, with a full service Wisper dealer within striking distance it just made more sense....Plus latest SEL a smashing bike

on original thread I finished up by saying this:

"local support is invaluable with e bikes, as its not if but when will it require attention..... as irespective of price all can have problems and most do."

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi David and everyone on the thread, I would normally have been involved earlier but I have been extremely busy of late.

Firstly let me assure everyone that Eddie did pay for his DaaHub, he has also been MASSIVELY helpful and kind hearted in helping is to sort out quite a few teething problems with the system, thanks again for all your support Eddie, IMO you are a star!! Thanks to Eddie and his assistance (unpaid!) the DaaHub product will be relaunched next year.

David, I am delighted Andrew has sorted you out, he is a good guy and the bike is good too, believe me there are many, many bikes on the market that could not hold a candle to it! Yes it is a little like a Wisper, which quite frankly I find flattering. If Andrew had not liked Wispers he would not have made such a bike! Indeed it was simply due to a stupid misunderstanding on my part that he is not still a Wisper dealer!

Thanks Flecc for your support. We do have a clinic on the site, although it has not been well maintained during the last few weeks due to work load elsewhere. A lot of companies feel that airing all their problems publicly is not good marketing and refuse to participate, wanting to control any bad publicity and limit the damage it can cause to their brand. On the contrary we believe that if we are open and honest about any problems we or our customers are experiencing these experiences should be open to all. I believe this helps in five separate and distinct ways. 1. It informs other Wisper riders of possible issues so they can keep an eye open incase they have the same problem. 2. It is helpful for others with similar issues to see if there is an easy fix. 3. It enables us to keep in touch with our customers and make certain they are well looked after if a problem occurs. 4, It helps us at Wisper make certain our dealers are performing well. And 5, It keeps us on our toes! We do sell quite a lot of bikes in the UK so as Flecc points out there are bound to be more reported issues than with other less popular brands, but I do hope it proves we care and endeavour look after our customers well.

All the best

David

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
A lot of companies feel that airing all their problems publicly is not good marketing and refuse to participate, wanting to control any bad publicity and limit the damage it can cause to their brand. On the contrary we believe that if we are open and honest about any problems we or our customers are experiencing these experiences should be open to all. I believe this helps in five separate and distinct ways. 1. It informs other Wisper riders of possible issues so they can keep an eye open incase they have the same problem. 2. It is helpful for others with similar issues to see if there is an easy fix. 3. It enables us to keep in touch with our customers and make certain they are well looked after if a problem occurs. 4, It helps us at Wisper make certain our dealers are performing well. And 5, It keeps us on our toes! We do sell quite a lot of bikes in the UK so as Flecc points out there are bound to be more reported issues than with other less popular brands, but I do hope it proves we care and endeavour look after our customers well.

All the best

David
You fully deserve the great reputation you have built up through your dedication to your product and to your customers David. I'd love to buy a bike from you but you only sell hub drives and I really, really prefer crank-driven machines.

Do let me know if you decide to buy up one of the big Dutch or German firms like Sparta, Gazelle, Kalkhoff or Haibike for example.

Failing that, if you had a European-influenced ebike, in terms of the styling, in your line-up, I could be interested.

Regards,
Indalo

david1949

Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2011
Belfast
What can i say a very good and straight forward post all i can say i was very close between Wisper or Oxygen i went for the Oxygen not only for it,s looks but a large battery. I hope in the future we see more E Bike dealers here in N Ireland 100 mile trip to Dublin to look at are service a E Bike is a bit much.

Hi David and everyone on the thread, I would normally have been involved earlier but I have been extremely busy of late.

Firstly let me assure everyone that Eddie did pay for his DaaHub, he has also been MASSIVELY helpful and kind hearted in helping is to sort out quite a few teething problems with the system, thanks again for all your support Eddie, IMO you are a star!! Thanks to Eddie and his assistance (unpaid!) the DaaHub product will be relaunched next year.

David, I am delighted Andrew has sorted you out, he is a good guy and the bike is good too, believe me there are many, many bikes on the market that could not hold a candle to it! Yes it is a little like a Wisper, which quite frankly I find flattering. If Andrew had not liked Wispers he would not have made such a bike! Indeed it was simply due to a stupid misunderstanding on my part that he is not still a Wisper dealer!

Thanks Flecc for your support. We do have a clinic on the site, although it has not been well maintained during the last few weeks due to work load elsewhere. A lot of companies feel that airing all their problems publicly is not good marketing and refuse to participate, wanting to control any bad publicity and limit the damage it can cause to their brand. On the contrary we believe that if we are open and honest about any problems we or our customers are experiencing these experiences should be open to all. I believe this helps in five separate and distinct ways. 1. It informs other Wisper riders of possible issues so they can keep an eye open incase they have the same problem. 2. It is helpful for others with similar issues to see if there is an easy fix. 3. It enables us to keep in touch with our customers and make certain they are well looked after if a problem occurs. 4, It helps us at Wisper make certain our dealers are performing well. And 5, It keeps us on our toes! We do sell quite a lot of bikes in the UK so as Flecc points out there are bound to be more reported issues than with other less popular brands, but I do hope it proves we care and endeavour look after our customers well.

All the best

David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
You fully deserve the great reputation you have built up through your dedication to your product and to your customers David. I'd love to buy a bike from you but you only sell hub drives and I really, really prefer crank-driven machines.

Do let me know if you decide to buy up one of the big Dutch or German firms like Sparta, Gazelle, Kalkhoff or Haibike for example.

Failing that, if you had a European-influenced ebike, in terms of the styling, in your line-up, I could be interested.

Regards,
Indalo
Thanks Indalo, that is very kind of you!

Watch this space, you never know!!! ;)

Hi David, some you win, some you lose, I am sorry you did not chose a Wisper, but I do agree Andrew's new bike does look good.

You will be pleased to know however our batteries now have a greater capacity than they used to and are now 37V 16Ah or 592Wh, pretty powerful stuff!

All the best

David