Four miles of sunshine

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Sunshine and the first bike ride of the year. Just a four mile round trip to collect the newspapers and wait while a group of highly intelligent ladies admire the bike. Lucy (the bike) is delighted to hear herself rated as the Daimler Majestic of the cycling world. Her wicker basket and canvas panniers were especially mentioned. She's back in her stable now, sipping elegantly at her 36volt recharger and exchanging small talk with Phil the Flymo, her electric cousin. I should ...take more care of Lucy: give up the pretence of writing books which nobody buys or reads or reviews.
I shall just laze around, waiting for warm sunny days and ride Lucy through the Cheshire lanes, smiling a silly smile as the Daimler of bikes hums gently along, attracting admiring glances as she goes!
There's room in her panniers for wine/biscuits/cake. Should I need a small guide dog one could be accommodated in the basket ...

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Sunshine and the first bike ride of the year. Just a four mile round trip to collect the newspapers and wait while a group of highly intelligent ladies admire the bike. Lucy (the bike) is delighted to hear herself rated as the Daimler Majestic of the cycling world. Her wicker basket and canvas panniers were especially mentioned. She's back in her stable now, sipping elegantly at her 36volt recharger and exchanging small talk with Phil the Flymo, her electric cousin. I should ...take more care of Lucy: give up the pretence of writing books which nobody buys or reads or reviews.
I shall just laze around, waiting for warm sunny days and ride Lucy through the Cheshire lanes, smiling a silly smile as the Daimler of bikes hums gently along, attracting admiring glances as she goes!
There's room in her panniers for wine/biscuits/cake. Should I need a small guide dog one could be accommodated in the basket ...
Thank you Tom. I needed that!

Reactions: timidtom

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
Brilliant. I look forward to reading more about Lucy, her adventures and her stable companions along with her forthcoming book which I will happily read and review :)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
If I said that we have been having, after our two week winter, balmy 26°C afternoons with short sleeve cycling on the menu would heavy blunt objects be thrown my way? :p

Now we are like greedy Hobbits of course: that was only our first winter which may well be followed by a second and even a third with helpings of Spring and Summer sprinkled in between. Until April when things settle down to warm and warmer :rolleyes:

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
Sunshine and the first bike ride of the year. Just a four mile round trip to collect the newspapers and wait while a group of highly intelligent ladies admire the bike. Lucy (the bike) is delighted to hear herself rated as the Daimler Majestic of the cycling world. .
I don't know how to put this politely to you TT, but you simply can't call your bike Lucy. :(
You see, mine's Lucy, not yours. Juicy Lucy to be precise.
I'm sorry but I am sitting here spluttering with indignation and shock at your effrontery.:eek:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
And your blunt instrument of choice? Anyway, is human life possible at 26*C ?
Blunt instrument of choice would currently be HL battery or GSM mid-drive :)

Is human life possible below 10°C? :confused:

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
I don't know how to put this politely to you TT, but you simply can't call your bike Lucy. :(
You see, mine's Lucy, not yours. Juicy Lucy to be precise.
I'm sorry but I am sitting here spluttering with indignation and shock at your effrontery.:eek:
I hate to break it to you both, but I know of several more...

All lovely of course with uniquely happy owners.

Andy_H

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
What a disappointing read for me (about the weather not the bike), we finally got some nice weather and I've been suffering a bad back for 2 weeks so can't ride the bike, getting better but will still be probably be another week or so before I can get back in the saddle :(

Look forward to reading more of Lucy's adventures (and Juicy Lucy's as well).

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
...I've been suffering a bad back for 2 weeks so can't ride the bike, getting better but will still be probably be another week or so before I can get back in the saddle :(
That's rough Andy. A week's no time though...

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
Cheers Tom.

I miss this type of thread that we used to get regularly on the forum.

Always cheers me up reading others bike adventures, especially at this time of year when the weather curtails my own cycling.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
My bike is called "bike", I said "hey bike come here" last week but it didn't move. Mustn't be its real name... Or it didn't recognise me... :rolleyes:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Reactions: Kenny

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
This is all getting way off topic!
We should be talking about sunshine and sheds.
Sister Lucys are doing it for themselves, whilst others are trying to blame it on the sunshine. All we need is love and a street to dance in... or ride along, humming tunes.

Last edited:

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
My Lucy was born four years ago. How old is your Lucy? We may need Bob to settle this! :)
That's a bit below the belt - you know that my Lucy is just a bairn!:)
However, my girl has been OFFICIALLY named, so there:
Juicy Lucy Label.jpg

Sorry Bob, look what I've done to your bike!!!:eek::D

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
What a disappointing read for me (about the weather not the bike), we finally got some nice weather and I've been suffering a bad back for 2 weeks so can't ride the bike, getting better but will still be probably be another week or so before I can get back in the saddle :(

Look forward to reading more of Lucy's adventures (and Juicy Lucy's as well).
Bad backs are frustrating Andy. Hope the Big Bear didn't bite you?
Get back on the saddle soonest.