Four miles of sunshine

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My Lucy was born four years ago. How old is your Lucy? We may need Bob to settle this! :)
Since Bob Wales says there are several with this name, maybe a good idea to say it was a typo and your bike is actually named Lucky? ;)

Reactions: timidtom

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
My bike is called "bike", I said "hey bike come here" last week but it didn't move. Mustn't be its real name... Or it didn't recognise me... :rolleyes:
I hate to suggest this? If it's a well brought up bike its parents probably taught it never to respond to such a rough command? Perhaps, "Good morning, beautiful bike: perhaps you might care to join me in a little light exercise? Followed by some delicious Antipodean voltage?" Just a thought ...

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
How romantic.:rolleyes:
You must go down a wow with the women.:p
I actually haven't had too bad a run. I only talk to inanimate machines like that, I am all flowers and honey with my boats too... :)

Back to the topic, I just got back from S. Sebastian (European Capital of Culture 2016) where the sun was absolutely blazing. Rode back down the coast road into a head wind - that would be North Easterly - and experienced some very bad battery sagging. Wind chill meant I kept my jumper on but I am definitely getting a tan, I have sun glasses marks :cool:

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
I actually haven't had too bad a run. I only talk to inanimate machines like that, I am all flowers and honey with my boats too... :)

Back to the topic, I just got back from S. Sebastian (European Capital of Culture 2016) where the sun was absolutely blazing. Rode back down the coast road into a head wind - that would be North Easterly - and experienced some very bad battery sagging. Wind chill meant I kept my jumper on but I am definitely getting a tan, I have sun glasses marks :cool:
I have to say I'm jealous!
At Juicy we sing to our machines - and they sing back!
Perhaps it's time to go for a ride on Brucy, the Juicy prototype...

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
At Juicy we sing to our machines - and they sing back!
That explains why I heard Juicy Lucy humming to herself in the garage the other day. I thought hubby had put some gin and tonic in her battery recharger.:D

Reactions: timidtom

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
That explains why I heard Juicy Lucy humming to herself in the garage the other day. I thought hubby had put some gin and tonic in her battery recharger.:D
She was humming Clair de lune (Debussy) right?

Reactions: flecc

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Okay. Don't want to commandeer this thread, but...
How about Barbra... (as in Streisand)
...who sings, during Don't Rain on my Parade, the following...

I gotta fly once,
I gotta try once,
Only can die once, right, sir?
Ooh, life is juicy,
Juicy, and you'll see
I'm gonna have my bike, sir!

At least, I think that's what she sings.
Now I'm worrying about my liking for show tunes...

Last edited:

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
Okay. Don't want to commandeer this thread, but...
How about Barbra... (as in Streisand)
...who sings, during Don't Rain on my Parade, the following...

I gotta fly once,
I gotta try once,
Only can die once, right, sir?
Ooh, life is juicy,
Juicy, and you'll see
I'm gonna have my bike, sir!

At least, I think that's what she sings.
Now I'm worrying about my liking for show tunes...
A bit of artistic licence used there Bob, but I like it I must say!:D