Freego raptor or another ...advice pls

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Thanks Dave, I will call you next week, I have noted the vita uno seems the same bike too.... Is the bpm motor only on the two you mention ? What is the diffrence on the cobra motor ? Cheers
The Cobra and Vita Uno are very similar bikes and use the SWX type motor,many find this motor ideal for their use(see Lancslass). The BPM is a larger diameter with improved low speed torque,it is used on the Tornado,Typhoon,Escape,Arriba.
Trust that answers your question.
KudosDave

Reactions: Oldgitst

Oldgitst

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 10, 2015
Popped into halfords this afternoon by chance, now I'm more confused lol.... The 26inch wheel seemed so small for me compared to the 27.5 and 29..... I know the typhoon is a 29er but there doesn't seem to be a lot of 27.5 options for a lower budget ... Is that right ? Some of the 26" ones looked tiny even against the 27.5s..... Kinda put me off the cs2 and cobra
Og

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
This is the current Krieger:
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?krieger
Woosh have a new Krieger with 650B wheels (27.5 inch) for taller riders in January.
The new bike is fitted with the 15AH HL downtube battery.

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
not always easy uno 3 levels of assist,typhoon more powerfull moter more assist levels but 23kg. 10.4ah battery. 26" with front sus. 24 speed

karoo 13ah battery with option of 15ah longer range and 19kg no front sus but 700c wheels and I believe full speed throttle 8 speed

Oldgitst

Dec 10, 2015
not always easy uno 3 levels of assist,typhoon more powerfull moter more assist levels but 23kg. 10.4ah battery. 26" with front sus. 24 speed

karoo 13ah battery with option of 15ah longer range and 19kg no front sus but 700c wheels and I believe full speed throttle 8 speed
typhoon isn't a 26" wheel
its a 29er ??

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Popped into halfords this afternoon by chance, now I'm more confused lol.... The 26inch wheel seemed so small for me compared to the 27.5 and 29..... I know the typhoon is a 29er but there doesn't seem to be a lot of 27.5 options for a lower budget ... Is that right ? Some of the 26" ones looked tiny even against the 27.5s..... Kinda put me off the cs2 and cobra
Og
I hear what you are saying about wheel sizes, but it's irrelevant to the fit of the bike - or should be if the frame is properly designed.

Fit is down to the relationship between the three points of contact - saddle, pedals and handlebars.

The first two are most important.

The distance between the saddle and pedals is not governed by the wheel size.

A Brompton runs on 16" wheels, but can be ridden by 6ft+ riders.

Reactions: JuicyBike

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
The bigger the wheel, the further you have to fall !! :eek:

My husband is 5ft 8" and he fits 26" wheels comfortably.
He briefly test rode a 28" wheeled bike and felt very unsure on it.

I am 5ft 3" and ride on 26" wheels, but my saddle is on it's lowest position. I am quite a confident rider but a lot of women of my height, I imagine, would feel unsure on it.

I think it's down to your inside leg measurement and how comfortable you feel on the bike.

Did you actually sit on a 28" bike at Halfords to see how comfortable you felt on it?

Last edited:

Oldgitst

Dec 10, 2015
I hear what you are saying about wheel sizes, but it's irrelevant to the fit of the bike - or should be if the frame is properly designed.

Fit is down to the relationship between the three points of contact - saddle, pedals and handlebars.

The first two are most important.

The distance between the saddle and pedals is not governed by the wheel size.

A Brompton runs on 16" wheels, but can be ridden by 6ft+ riders.
yes, I can see what your saying, I suppose I'm just use to a 700c wheel etc etc
I personally also prefer the look of the 27.5 inch mtb by a distance over the 26" - but that is cosmetic and just my opinion.....
the 29er typhoon is in my budget and to all intensive purposes I prefer the oversized look than the smaller 26" - 27.5 bikes seem to be (other than a couple) considerably more than £750-£850 .....
Davekudos has been very good and allowing me to try it and return with a cost of £25 if I change my mind.... that's fair imo....either way I believe the typhoon at £885 is worth the extra over the CS2 and is less than the GTECH I was firstly considering .... that's thanks to this forum.....
will let you know how it goes :)
cheers
og

Oldgitst

Dec 10, 2015
The bigger the wheel, the further you have to fall !! :eek:

My husband is 5ft 8" and he fits 26" wheels comfortably.
He briefly test rode a 28" wheeled bike and felt very unsure on it.

I am 5ft 3" and ride on 26" wheels, but my saddle is on it's lowest position. I am quite a confident rider but a lot of women of my height, I imagine, would feel unsure on it.

I think it's down to your inside leg measurement and how comfortable you feel on the bike.

Did you actually sit on a 28" bike at Halfords to see how comfortable you felt on it?
Yes, I have also in the past ridden a 29er and felt fine.... the 27.5 felt the best but I'm not doing that.....
I'm quite happy on a 22inch 700c hybrid trek so don't think I'm in for any shocks.... hopefully lol

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
yes, I can see what your saying, I suppose I'm just use to a 700c wheel etc etc
I personally also prefer the look of the 27.5 inch mtb by a distance over the 26" - but that is cosmetic and just my opinion.....
the 29er typhoon is in my budget and to all intensive purposes I prefer the oversized look than the smaller 26" - 27.5 bikes seem to be (other than a couple) considerably more than £750-£850 .....
Davekudos has been very good and allowing me to try it and return with a cost of £25 if I change my mind.... that's fair imo....either way I believe the typhoon at £885 is worth the extra over the CS2 and is less than the GTECH I was firstly considering .... that's thanks to this forum.....
will let you know how it goes :)
cheers
og
Rider preference is all, so let's hope you can get on with Typhoon.

One thing to check with a 29er is toe clearance.

It can be tight with the big wheel and a relatively voluminous tyre.

Think also about mudguards, traditional ones will reduce the clearance still further.

You may not want them anyway, but if you do, a down tube flinger and a short guard under the forks will do the job.

Another benefit of a short guard under the fork brace is it keeps road debris off the fork stanchions.

This is good because as the fork moves up and down, the debris is ground down into the seals.

Reactions: Oldgitst

Oldgitst

Dec 10, 2015
hey guys, just wondering, the push assist thumb throttle upto 6kmh - can this be changed to make it like a full throttle ? or can you retrofit a full throttle grip.... sorry for what maybe a rearly basic question but I am a newbie :) cheers
og

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
hey guys, just wondering, the push assist thumb throttle upto 6kmh - can this be changed to make it like a full throttle ? or can you retrofit a full throttle grip.... sorry for what maybe a rearly basic question but I am a newbie :) cheers
og
That would vary between the different makes. Ours will change come the day to comply with the law with some deft re-configuration that our retailers will know about, but would be wrong to publish openly.

Oldgitst

Dec 10, 2015
That would vary between the different makes. Ours will change come the day to comply with the law with some deft re-configuration that our retailers will know about, but would be wrong to publish openly.
That's cool, I haven't even got my bike yet but I was just wondering about twist throttles / thumb ones and in general.... why some where just walk assist ones whilst other all the way upto full speed....I probably would not use a full one as I suppose its no different to being on full power with the pedals slightly turning....

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
I was really eager to buy this year so that I could have a full throttle. However having ridden my bike a few times I use it very rarely. We live on a steep lane where the junction has to be taken in first gear by cars and it's helpful to throttle up there, but I could achieve the same help probably by using full pedal assist. I have a bad back though and if that gave me problems mid ride it may be useful to employ full throttle to get me home!
When you buy your bike there would be no harm in asking the seller if there is an option using the bike's computer to swap modes from walk assist to full throttle.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
best use for the full throttle is at traffic lights and at the end of the ride when your legs are pretty out. I suspect many suppliers will offer a torque sensor to deal with fast start at traffic lights but still no substitute for the throttle when you are too knackered to pedal though.

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
best use for the full throttle is at traffic lights and at the end of the ride when your legs are pretty out. I suspect many suppliers will offer a torque sensor to deal with fast start at traffic lights but still no substitute for the throttle when you are too knackered to pedal though.
Yes, I forgot to mention on my post that I do use the throttle when starting off at the lights. It helps steady the bike and gives car drivers a bit of a surprise!

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
I also find the throttle useful in hill starts, junctions and small opening or confined spaces, more so with the 20 inch wheel.
My latest upgrade to sine wave controllers and LCD have transform both my latest mounts:rolleyes: