G-tech bike,has anyone seen a proper test

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I have built for woosh a bike based on Gtech strong points, just in case, with the GSM motor + Automatix, optional Nexus 7. I am waiting for the Bluetooth from Lishui.
Please PM me details of how to get my hands on one of those dongles.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Please PM me details of how to get my hands on one of those dongles.
I don't know how to. I just asked woosh to get me one. They are going to import some. I have got the manual from Lishui in powerpoint though (Mechaniker wrote it I believe).

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I don't know how to. I just asked woosh to get me one. They are going to import some. I have got the manual from Lishui in powerpoint though (Mechaniker wrote it I believe).
OK I'll write to Andy. I don't want any wires on my GSM build ;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The ads are on terrestrial TV as well. I only have Freeview and have seen the ad loads of times.
We must be watching different programs then, most of my viewing is on Freeview and I wasn't even aware they were advertising.

I've probably missed one of the ads on the odd occasion since I sometimes time shift and then skip the ad breaks.

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
We must be watching different programs then, most of my viewing is on Freeview and I wasn't even aware they were advertising.

I've probably missed one of the ads on the odd occasion since I sometimes time shift and then skip the ad breaks.
I saw the ad on TV only last night.... may have been CH4 as i was watching the docu about Jutland greatest sea battle of WW1

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Only sometimes? I do it all the time.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I saw the ad on TV only last night.... may have been CH4 as i was watching the docu about Jutland greatest sea battle of WW1
Thanks for the information. I'm sick of the excess of programs about the two world wars so aren't watching or listening to any.

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Thanks for the information. I'm sick of the excess of programs about the two world wars so aren't watching or listening to any.
The older i get, the more of an interest i seem to have in WW1 and WW2..... even though i was born 15 yrs after WW2 ended. I'm even reading a book about the holocaust on my Kindle atm.
Sorta related.... I bought a new pair of German Para Boots yesterday, as they make great motorcycle boots.
My Grandad will be turning in his grave :D

the_killjoy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 26, 2008
I know it's lighter than my Wisper but there is no way I could cope with a single gear, I assume it is geared lower than my current top gear but that must just mean that I would just spin out on the flat.

• Agree

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Either that or John Wayne.

• :D

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I know it's lighter than my Wisper but there is no way I could cope with a single gear, I assume it is geared lower than my current top gear but that must just mean that I would just spin out on the flat.
I thought that when I watched the advert. That woman's legs were going like bee's wings and she only seemed to be travelling at about10 mph!

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
I'd really like a go on one, to be able to have a definite opinion about it. I couldn't be bothered with the 14 day trial and hassle of sending it back and getting a refund..... but if a shop near me had one to test, i'd definitely take one out for a ride.
I like the look of them, the simplicity of minimalist design and the relative light weight..... but none of that means much without a test ride.

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The older i get, the more of an interest i seem to have in WW1 and WW2..... even though i was born 15 yrs after WW2 ended. I'm even reading a book about the holocaust on my Kindle atm.
Sorta related.... I bought a new pair of German Para Boots yesterday, as they make great motorcycle boots.
Having lived in and beside London throughout WW2 hasn't left me with a particular interest in it, or war in general.

What's making me notice the excess of the subject is that I listen to Radio 4 as well. The BBC has had the daft idea that to commemorate the centenary of WW1, they are having four years of programs about it, exactly the same length of that war. Bonkers.

• Agree
Reactions: Croxden
C

Cyclezee

The Gtech ad was shown on Channel 4 during last weekends F1 Grand Prix, that must have cost a packet:eek:

We will find out soon how good it is as I am taking one as part ex for an eZee bike.

My wife is keen to try it because she likes the Gtech vacuum cleaners:rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: Artstu and tillson

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Having lived in and beside London throughout WW2 hasn't left me with a particular interest in it, or war in general.

What's making me notice the excess of the subject is that I listen to Radio 4 as well. The BBC has had the daft idea that to commemorate the centenary of WW1, they are having four years of programs about it, exactly the same length of that war. Bonkers.
4 years of WW1 programs does seem well excessive. I dont really listen to R4 much, for speech radio i tend to tune in the recently relaunched Talk Radio.

C

Cyclezee

Don't feel too bad Yamdude, Admiral Jellicoe's grandson drives a VW Passat, wonder what Grandad would have said about that?

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
The Gtech ad was shown on Channel 4 during last weekends F1 Grand Prix, that must have cost a packet:eek:

We will find out soon how good it is as I am taking one as part ex for an eZee bike.

My wife is keen to try it because she likes the Gtech vacuum cleaners:rolleyes:
I own 2 Gtech battery-pack products which came as a package. They are both well-made. One is a hedgetrimmer which performs adequately on light jobs for a fairly short time; the other is a lawn-edger strimmer which is useless. I suspect their ebike will fall somewhere between the two descriptions.

Jim

• Informative
Reactions: tillson