anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Normal, they have all our money...

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Phil
Initially I was drawn to the lesser model due to colour etc but am warming more towards the colour of yours. I think the darker colour helps blend the battery into the frame more.
Obviously spec wise there's no competition.
I'm getting tempted. I do also like the Brose motored bikes and the new Steps seem to moving towards a greater battery integration.
2017 is going to be an interesting year.
My thoughts exactly. The lesser one is really nice and shiny and I didn't understand why the premium model wasn't better but when I saw it in the flesh I realised that the matt finish is superb, not disappointing as I expected

Reactions: Crockers

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
one gut on the german site wants to change the wheel size on his but says its asking for a code?

if thats the case then might be able to up the speed limit buy changing the wheel size on the giant display.

can find nothing else on it tho.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it looks like this will be the case as you can do it on the ride control display but not the full lcd one.

does it have a usb port anywhere to plug it in? says nothing in the manual.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I have done a few miles now and thought I would offer a battery range update as really that's one of the most important aspects of an e bike.
I have just done 70KM (43.5 miles) normal road riding, not mountaineering, and battery is showing 2 segments gone and 58% remaining which I am really happy with.
Anyone looking at buying one of these take note that the 2016 model is shipped with the display in KM's and this cant be changed, whilst the 2017 is shipped with in MPH
Ilkley Cycles are still working on sorting this out and are meeting with Giant to see what can be done.... I am sure there's a fix for this, probable changing the display or sumsuch.
There is a complaints procedure at Giant but first you have to raise your concerns with the selling dealer.. Done that and am awaiting a solution, or not!!
Other than that its an absolutely cracking machine, powerful, whisper quiet and I cant keep off it..

mike tatt

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2016
Worsthorne, Lancashire
Phil - would be great to hear how you get on with this.
I have a Giant Dirt E+ - owned for less than a week and desperate to get out on it more - oh the joy of work getting in the way
Managed about 80km - so have had some chance to play

It has the same electrical / display system as yours - so stuck in KPH
Not a huge deal breaker - but would be nice to be able to revert to MPH.
If there is a fix - please let us know.

Prefer the colours on your model by the way- but the Dirt E's only come in a brighter scheme - maybe time for some Vinyl Wrap ! ! ! - to make it more anonymous when locked up at work.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Phil - would be great to hear how you get on with this.
I have a Giant Dirt E+ - owned for less than a week and desperate to get out on it more - oh the joy of work getting in the way
Managed about 80km - so have had some chance to play

It has the same electrical / display system as yours - so stuck in KPH
Not a huge deal breaker - but would be nice to be able to revert to MPH.
If there is a fix - please let us know.

Prefer the colours on your model by the way- but the Dirt E's only come in a brighter scheme - maybe time for some Vinyl Wrap ! ! ! - to make it more anonymous when locked up at work.
Have you contacted your selling dealer about the display?

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
I have done a few miles now and thought I would offer a battery range update as really that's one of the most important aspects of an e bike.
I have just done 70KM (43.5 miles) normal road riding, not mountaineering, and battery is showing 2 segments gone and 58% remaining which I am really happy with.
Anyone looking at buying one of these take note that the 2016 model is shipped with the display in KM's and this cant be changed, whilst the 2017 is shipped with in MPH
Ilkley Cycles are still working on sorting this out and are meeting with Giant to see what can be done.... I am sure there's a fix for this, probable changing the display or sumsuch.
There is a complaints procedure at Giant but first you have to raise your concerns with the selling dealer.. Done that and am awaiting a solution, or not!!
Other than that its an absolutely cracking machine, powerful, whisper quiet and I cant keep off it..
Do you know if there are any other changes to the 2017 model,on the Giant website it shows yours as a 2017 model.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I thought you lot were supposed to go metric on the road?

Imagine the logistics headache for Giant, they have been delivering the EU version to the UK instead of the US version. I bet they thought that the UK was in the EU the silly things... Now that things have been cleared up they will be delivering you the US version and billing your the extra freight charges...:D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
will get 20mph then if its the us version :)

• :D
Reactions: Crockers