Glad to see

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Glad to see one of my favourite members is back:)

Surely the world tour can't be over yet..??!!??

Those stadiums just don't sell out like they used to:D

BW
musicbooks

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
Do you think he was on the sauce last night?

Conal

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2007
Thanks for the reminder

Thanks for the thread. I have just looked up all his previous posts, all those one liners, its like "Live at the Apollo"!

Obviously a future career when he retires.

Conal

Last edited:

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
There's a very unpleasant feel to this thread.
Hardly, Styx... it takes all sorts as they say.. sometimes it is important to be able to laugh at yourself.. It's all about balance, and I think the forum is richer for it.

BW
musicbooks

Conal

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2007
Styx

I can't speak for anyone else, but my comment was genuine. He is witty,and I am sure he knows he has admirers. If you look at previous posts this is confirmed.

I think there is always a place for balanced humour and some of the posts cut through to the nub of the issue, dry and sarcastic yes, but with a point.

Not mentioning the author in this case is a little bit of an in-joke but, if you look at previous posts, you will see that this is directed by us old-timers (I am 54) at ourselves and demonstrates our ignorance of modern culture.

Conal

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi

What is this thread about I do not have a clue what anyone is saying.
Who are you talking about

thx

Bob

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Hi

What is this thread about I do not have a clue what anyone is saying.
Who are you talking about

thx

Bob
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

:( im REALLY worried now as i rememmber not long back saying EXACTLY the SAME as YOU Bob.....:confused: that really is worrying for me..
:rolleyes:

styx

Pedelecer
Oct 14, 2008
Ludlow Shropshire
Pots, black and kettles springs to mind. :D

Post link
Yes flecc. thats what came to mind when I first read these posts,particularly the one which described the subject of these cryptic remarks as a loon.Was the person referred to a participant in this jocularity? if so I take back my observation.
styx

Citrus

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2007
Yes flecc. thats what came to mind when I first read these posts,particularly the one which described the subject of these cryptic remarks as a loon.Was the person referred to a participant in this jocularity? if so I take back my observation.
styx
They were my remarks Stix. And I don't remember being involved in the jocularity as you put it - so no need to take it back. They were direct comments on the input to this forum from wotwozere. I personally have found the majority of his comments either a) utter drivel, b) sarcastic rap (with the silent c) or c) completely off-topic, oh and I nearly forgot d) not amusing ever.

Now these are only my views, and it is clear that several people find Bob's posts most entertaining. However, I feel that I am at the opposite end of the spectrum from these members and wish to express those thoughts here. I have no-ill feeling towards Bob, but this forum is so PC at times that even this loon (oh no I have said it again - how awful of me) needs to be reigned in at times.

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
I think there may be a little confusion about who was originally referred to in this thread. I took it to refer to someone with a name redolent of a boyband, whereas others seem to think that it refers to our familar and frequent nocturnal nutcase.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The oddest thing of all perhaps is that the participants in this thread are referring to two different people! :confused: :D

N.B. Crossed with Bode's post.

Last edited:

murphy61

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 19, 2008
north coast of ireland
I think there may be a little confusion about who was originally referred to in this thread. I took it to refer to someone with a name redolent of a boyband, whereas others seem to think that it refers to our familar and frequent nocturnal nutcase.
Totally bizarre. Now I've got to look through the entire list of members to see if there are any boyband type names!