Aug 8, 2009

uk_steve

Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2007
Folkestone Kent
I got my gloves today

Well all i can say i think they are lovely feel to the hand and look great

loads better then my doormen gloves

im going to nip out for a ride today and let you know what they are like in the real world

so far so good;)

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
20 miles with mine today, no problems but it's not as cold as last week...

uk_steve

Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2007
Folkestone Kent
just done a 7mile round trip along the coast

the gloves was great,comfy and warm and not too hot to the hand thats good news for me because,
i will not go out on my bike much colder then todays weather i doubt anyway

looking good so far:D

Last edited:

Conal

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2007
Seal Sinkz gloves

Bought medium then worried when others posted that they come up small as I have large palms but short fingers. They arrived today and are a perfect fit

For once I am hoping it is cold tomorrow so that I can try them out!

Conal

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
Well, I think there are going to be a lot of e-bikers wearing seal skinz gloves this winter, I've just ordered a pair - £17.95 from e-bay - size large. I went out for a gloveless short ride a few days ago & came back with frozen fingers - saw this thread & just had to buy some!!

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
Well, I think there are going to be a lot of e-bikers wearing seal skinz gloves this winter, I've just ordered a pair - £17.95 from e-bay - size large. I went out for a gloveless short ride a few days ago & came back with frozen fingers - saw this thread & just had to buy some!!
Just a word of advice for anyone contemplaing ordering these gloves - I used the hand measurement guide & clearly fell within the 'large' category, on this basis I confidently orderd a pair of size large gloves, however they arrived today & whilst they appear to be very good quality & are undoubtedly very comfortable, they are just way too small for my hands.

Oh well, I'm off to try & exchange them for some XL's.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
You know sometimes it`s easy to get carried along with all the special gear. If you are a road racer or maybe a commuter that has long rides then special light weight gloves might be needed for fiddly equpment etc. I have a long experience with gloves for long periods out in the cold hanging around to photograph people and things. For photography you do need gloves(fingerless when not too cold) that enable you to make adjustments to small buttons and wheels. For casual bike riding I have found that I just can`t beat my DENTS lined gents leather gloves. Nice and grippy on the bars and brakes, plenty of cushioning and ( within the realms of casual riding ) water proof. OK, they might be more expensive than the cheaper E bay type of sports gloves on offer but they do the job and my fingers(even in freezing temps) stay warm and dry for my short 1 hr runs and they last for years. Be aware of cheap imitations though.