Go to work on a Pineapple! Wisper Folder sneak preview.

oyster

Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Auxtail

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 1, 2017
Milton Keynes
Name proposal , Magnet or Rare

It sounds like a really clever technology that. Simple.
Cheers
Craig

Jimod

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Wisper It . That's a nice short name. ;)

Jimod

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Nice one Jim, I really like that.
When someone asks what kind of bike it is, you'll say, "wisper it" They'll then ask you again in a quieter voice. ;)

Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The Wisper Whisper?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
www.wisperbikes.com
I am sitting with the design team at the moment. The name is a real sticking point, I am reading all your suggestions out as we get them. Moth and IT seem to have it at the moment although Ole (with the accent!) has also been suggested. I like Pineapple! This has to be a name that works internationally. Very tricky.

Thanks for all the suggestions....

Pineapple sounded fine to me the first time that I read it. I'd say stick with that.

Though it wouldn't work on say a Kalkhoff with the Impulse DU. :D

Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
"The bike whisperer" coming to a big screen near you soon!
I am sitting with the design team at the moment. The name is a real sticking point, I am reading all your suggestions out as we get them. Moth and IT seem to have it at the moment although Ole (with the accent!) has also been suggested. I like Pineapple! This has to be a name that works internationally. Very tricky.

Thanks for all the suggestions....
Ananas, I would say very sticky... :p

Oct 25, 2006
Pineapple is a good name, but probably won't appeal to all. There'll be those who can't see the sense of a fruit name on a bike.

I like IT, Wisper It has a definite appeal in various spoken ways. Not only the obvious hushed Wisper it but also in the sense of there are many e-folders but this one is It.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
www.wisperbikes.com
Pineapple is a good name, but probably won't appeal to all. There'll be those who can't see the sense of a fruit name on a bike.

I like IT, Wisper It has a definite appeal in various spoken ways. Not only the obvious hushed Wisper it but also in the sense of there are many e-folders but this one is It.
My worry Tony is the two words together. Whisper is to speak with a very quiet voice or Shhhh.... do you see where I am going with this? The Wisper IT? My competition would have a feild day! :eek:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
www.wisperbikes.com
Our Chinese design team leader working with the design guys in the U.K. thinks we have an easy task comming up with the name. He has just said “OK I’ll think of the name, you design the frame lock!” Maybe he has a point! :rolleyes:

565BFEF7-4FC3-4895-A03A-4465CB776BDB.jpeg

RobF

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Our Chinese design team leader working with the design guys in the U.K. thinks we have an easy task comming up with the name. He has just said “OK I’ll think of the name, you design the frame lock!” Maybe he has a point! :rolleyes:

View attachment 23666
Typical product engineer who doesn't grasp the fact the success of the product is 95% down to marketing.

Oct 25, 2006
My worry Tony is the two words together. Whisper is to speak with a very quiet voice or Shhhh.... do you see where I am going with this? The Wisper IT? My competition would have a feild day! :eek:
I thought of that hush meaning as a plus point. In selling mode I could make play with the Wisper It name and amuse the prospective customer(s) in more than one way.

That's true about the competition being amused in a negative way, but they aren't the customers buying them of course.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2006
Of course if you were very naughty you could have the Pineapple name on the frame this way:

pineApple

Maybe also iBike.

:D

RobF

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Shush, that could trigger the use of the Union Jack debate again! :eek:
Particularly if he calls it the Wisper Kudos.

Related Articles

Advertisers