hall sensors

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That's fantastic. It's really satisfying to get to the cause.

The arrangement for holding the hall sensor legs and wires is not that good. I guess that vibration caused metal fatigue in the legs or wires, which is what caused the detatchment. You might want to think about holding them down with silicone or something like that to dampen or prevent any vibration after repair. Also, I think I'd replace all three because one of the others might be cracked but still attached.

Bobbington

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2019
Hi Chaps, Its taken a while to start work on the Hall sensor replacement, I've been waiting for parts, tool and stuff coming from ebay. The problem seemed to be the joints from the sensor wires to the wiring loom were only held together with the heat shrink wire insulator, no actual solder !! Which was bloody difficult to do. Then ..all the wire clutter was protruding too high and rubbing on the motor side case. Anyway after much cursing and stomping of feet I managed to get it together and fitted the motor today. Miracles of Miracles.... Its running.... Yay ! (but for how long?).

Attachments