Has anyone got a oxydrive controller

Hozaythkid

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2014
My oxydrive controller the frame mount one that the battery attaches to is cutting out all the time , it’s a das-kit one but I’ve emailed them and no reply also emailed Andrew from oxydrive he ignored me so Yeh it’s a shame to waste the kit if anyone has a controller I could buy would appreciate it

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Controllers don't normally cut out. They're electronic, so they work or they don't. They can't half work. Perhaps if you describe your problem, we can help you sort it out.

Reactions: Hozaythkid

Hozaythkid

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2014
Controllers don't normally cut out. They're electronic, so they work or they don't. They can't half work. Perhaps if you describe your problem, we can help you sort it out.
So when I’m riding the power is on and then it cuts of and I have to remove the battery and turn it off and back on for it to come back on .. so I’m guessing it is the battery then not a loose wire

Hozaythkid

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2014
Or somtimes if I slightly lift the battery up as I’m gunna take it off but without removing it it comes back on

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Check the pin contacts of the battery and receiver sounds more like battery contact, look to see that a discharge pin out hasn't been pushed back into the housing at all.
All so you can undo the controller from the receiver and check the discharge connection inside is ok and not loose or corroded, the solder points are pretty well attached and not flimsy.

Andrew no longer sells the kits and DAS KIT I don't think deals with individuals.
Eventually if/when you run into problems you are better off buying either a Hailong battery with Integrated Luishi controller or use a Hailong with integrated KT controller and a LCD3.
The Bafang is pretty much bullet proof apart from the odd bearing that may need changing, my one has proably only done about 7K with out much issue barring a bearing change.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Look at the tubular connector terminals in the battery to see if they're burnt, and then look at the pins on the receiver for signs of pitting. If they're burnt, the best solution is to remove the two connector blocks, unsolder the wires, then solder on a standard connector, like a deans or XT60 with an extra 3" of wire on each so that you can connect before sliding the battery on the receiver. If you never take the battery off the bike, you could solder the two pairs of wires directly without a connector. Somebody else on the forum did that mod and solved his cutting out.

You might get a temporary solution by cleaning them unless there is too much missing. Never install your battery when it's switched on. That's what causes the burning.

SYEBC were agents for that kit, which is the same as was used on their Oxygen bikes. I know that there was a batch of replacement connectors made, but I'm not sure whether there are any left. You could try contacting them.

Hozaythkid

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2014
R
Look at the tubular connector terminals in the battery to see if they're burnt, and then look at the pins on the receiver for signs of pitting. If they're burnt, the best solution is to remove the two connector blocks, unsolder the wires, then solder on a standard connector, like a deans or XT60 with an extra 3" of wire on each so that you can connect before sliding the battery on the receiver. If you never take the battery off the bike, you could solder the two pairs of wires directly without a connector. Somebody else on the forum did that mod and solved his cutting out.

You might get a temporary solution by cleaning them unless there is too much missing. Never install your battery when it's switched on. That's what causes the burning.

SYEBC were agents for that kit, which is the same as was used on their Oxygen bikes. I know that there was a batch of replacement connectors made, but I'm not sure whether there are any left. You could try contacting them.
ok I cleaned the contacts before and it didn’t do anything it’s hard to get inside the connection as it’s so small ... just wanna ask if I keep the 8fun on the back and the pas on the bike what frame battery and lcd could I just hook straight up to it so I don’t have to replace the whole thing ? Thanks for all your info :)

Hozaythkid

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2014
Check the pin contacts of the battery and receiver sounds more like battery contact, look to see that a discharge pin out hasn't been pushed back into the housing at all.
All so you can undo the controller from the receiver and check the discharge connection inside is ok and not loose or corroded, the solder points are pretty well attached and not flimsy.

Andrew no longer sells the kits and DAS KIT I don't think deals with individuals.
Eventually if/when you run into problems you are better off buying either a Hailong battery with Integrated Luishi controller or use a Hailong with integrated KT controller and a LCD3.
The Bafang is pretty much bullet proof apart from the odd bearing that may need changing, my one has proably only done about 7K with out much issue barring a bearing change.
Right so if I bought said battery and lcd would it hook straight up to my existing 8fun and pas sensor and throttle ? Thanks again

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Where about do you live?

If you're going to change the battery and controller, it might be better to go to 48v, which will give you a lot more power and speed, if that's what you want. the motor can handle it easily, and, of course, you don't have to use high power and speed all the time, but it is handy occasionally.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you get a Luishi controller/battery combo then you can keep the LCD as is and the only bit you need to change for 36v. For 48v not sure if the LCD will work at 48v
but likelihood is it will.
For integrated battery and Luishi controller speak to Woosh bikes who use that brand, also show them a pic of the PAS connector and your 1T4 trunk lead cable, I think it is 8 pin because the brake cut off connects direct in to the LCD.
The 9 pin motor connector is a standard Julet one.

Last edited:

Hozaythkid

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2014
If you get a Luishi controller/battery combo then you can keep the LCD as is and the only bit you need to change if you are happy with 36v.
My c6 lcd is smashed I got ran over a hit and run so a new one would be perfect so shall I get the 48v hailong battery and an lcd3 then it will hook straight up to the existing connectors on the motor pas and throttle then ? Sorry I don’t know too much about this stuff hence me asking you guys then experts

Hozaythkid

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2014
Y
Where about do you live?

If you're going to change the battery and controller, it might be better to go to 48v, which will give you a lot more power and speed, if that's what you want. the motor can handle it easily, and, of course, you don't have to use high power and speed all the time, but it is handy occasionally.
yesss amazing idea if I can get more speed an power so a 48v battery will work fine with the 8fun motor then ? I will defo do that I’m in the U.K. but wouldn’t use full power on roads

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's happened again, someone comes on here saying their bike/kit isn't working then omits a major factor as to why the problem may be present.
Someone did this last week complaining about their Wisper bike not working and forgot to tell us that they left it for ages locked up sitting out in the rain.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For UK battery/controller and lcd speak to the good people at Woosh.

You can use the China route via direct sites or Aliexpress, you then run the problem of sending something back if it goes wrong. UK like Woosh will be easier to deal with.

Hozaythkid

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2014
It's happened again, someone comes on here saying their bike/kit isn't working then omits a major factor as to why the problem may be present.
Someone did this last week complaining about their Wisper bike not working and forgot to tell us that they left it for ages locked up sitting out in the rain.
The kit itself wasn’t damaged it worked for about a year fine no probs at all just a cracked screen

Hozaythkid

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2014
It was me who got broken ...arm and foot and ribs

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
:( Not as easy to repair then as a bike, sounds like you have mended now....

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My Oxydrive controller did the same on fully charged batteries it kept cutting out with the low voltage 06 error code so a component had failed inside. The batteries soldered on for a bit more using another controller.

Hozaythkid

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2014
:( Not as easy to repair then as a bike, sounds like you have mended now....
Yes I have a metal arm now but I’m all healed up I see they sell the hailong battery’s on yosepower for 160 quid

Not sure
If that’s the one I need