Has anyone heard of or tried Toseven mid drive?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
why I like the new torque sensor in the DM-02?

1. the coils (16,17 on the diagram) are much smaller.
2. The Hall sensor is replaced by a strain gauge (17), that should not suffer from stray magnetic field and give a more stable output.
One weakness of the TSDZ2 torque sensor that is still not fixed is the sensor can't give an output until some time after the shaft moves so the controller is not ready until some time after you start pedalling.

Beside the torque sensor, there are two extra ballbearings (9, 35), they should help reducing the play and flex in the shaft. I would have liked to see an ISIS instead of square taper.
Strain gauges suffer from other problems, especially detachment, so be hopeful, but don't count on this saving the world.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney and Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
€1,200 for the VirVolt kit.
If they have done real mechanical improvement..... cooling, shaft, bearings and minimize tolerances.
But as said this is unknown.
does the price include battery?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
For that price I prefer the CYC Photon
The Photon won't torpedo with only 50T:

...not on my Dahon Helios P8 folding bike anyway (manufactured in April 2006, currently sporting a BBS01B)... but it's nice that their website does mention chainring options.

Reactions: elinx

elinx

Pedelecer
May 2, 2023
Strain gauges ....... don't count on this saving the world.
It all depend on the sensitivity, drift and coöperation with the PAS sensor. Detachment and temperature could be a problem, but is dependent of the way they are mounted and size of them.
With Lingbei the torquesensor didn't function enough, so it did behave the same as Bafang.
The reviews of CYC Photon are most positive.
The Tsdz2 with OSF is also good, but has his mechanical issues.
Now we wait for the first To7 results, which should be positive too, I hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

oztrikes

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 29, 2023
hello Ben. Noboby on this thread trolls anyone. Alex can't produce any more information that we are asking for about his products. I don't think other places have received any more info than we have.
Elinx is very clued up about the Tongsheng, blacklike will soon receive his so it won't be a very long wait for the reviews to come out.
The real reasons are unknown to us. That could be late revisions, it could be the firmware is not ready, there are many possible reasons. It would have been better if Alex told us why he can't let us know more so this thread would not have become a PR disaster for toseven but I appreciate that Alex has a difficult job to do, so let's wait until he's good and ready.
By discussing in depth the weaknesses of the TSDZ2 upon which the DM-02 is based makes both the TSDZ2B and the DM-02 look suspect to potential buyers. The Bafang BBS01B is the real winner here.

What planet are you on when that is not trolling? can you tell me what personal attacks add to the discussion? I think its clear who the thread has become a PR disaster for, That's woosh, somebody got exposed as not even understanding the basis for their questions or the answers. looks to me like those who threw muck before they knew anything are ending up with egg on their faces, surprise surprise.

As far as i can see no other thread is anything like this, where things gave been kept civil it looks like Alex has answered most questions and far more information has been first published where people are not trolling him or being straight up rude, i wonder if there is a connection? I've had a chat with a bloke off the discord that's told me he's talked with Alex over the phone, said he answered all his questions in detail and he's just an end user not a retailer. Said he was a really amicable and down to earth guy , so if he will take the time to speak to the average customer and answer questions i think its not him that's the problem its the way people are approaching him

seems to me that some people think its ok to be as rude as you want on a forum and still expect someone to give you their time of day, entitlement much?

elinx

Pedelecer
May 2, 2023
does the price include battery?
My French isn't the best, but the price is between € 1200 - € 1500 and is inclusive with mounting. So I think yes.

oztrikes

Apr 29, 2023
You mean those monotonous boring dough faced guys wearing beanie hats with eyes like runny eggs who stare at the camera talking and talking surrounded by flashing titles? Are there other reviews in the pipeline? I can't go through that again.

Can you tell us what you contribute lenny? because ive been following high voltage for a couple of years, They make good reviews and content for FREE, what do you do other than whinge mate

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
My French isn't the best, but the price is between € 1200 - € 1500 So I think yes.

it seems they offer two battery options, performance 10AH, 100km range and expert 15AH 120km range.
The price is RRP, installed by dealers via 250 dealer network so they are not too bad. They don't want to sell directly to end users though.

oztrikes

Apr 29, 2023
Does anything expose your bias more than this? Where's your normal bucket of **** to fling. Have they answered all your questions now and this product is good to go?

Here we have a copy of the Tongsheng ToSeven have the engineers who designed this and have now made multiple upgrades yet when you came on here. (knowing absolutely nothing as it transpires) The ToSeven was judged to be crap in your eyes. despite it being clear multiple improvements have been made

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Google rank pedelecs.co.uk higher than Toseven! It's high time for calm and polite discussion.

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Does anything expose your bias more than this? Where's your normal bucket of **** to fling. Have they answered all your questions now and this product is good to go?

Here we have a copy of the Tongsheng ToSeven have the engineers who designed this and have now made multiple upgrades yet when you came on here. (knowing absolutely nothing as it transpires) The ToSeven was judged to be crap in your eyes. despite it being clear multiple improvements have been made
I am French and British

oztrikes

Apr 29, 2023
I am French and British

You can add naive and deluded to that list going by this post :D

Whos going to do all that for you so they can make a few quid off your tiny volume, Anyone who can do that will do it for themselves and sell to the entire market, Or for someone who can actually pay them

I think someone is a bit jelly over what Toseven have pulled off.

Reactions: gaby1123

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Whos going to do all that for you so they can make a few quid off your tiny volume, Anyone who can do that will do it for themselves and sell to the entire market, Or for someone who can actually pay them

Dig upwards Toseven.

Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

It's not a big job to make a replacement shaft for the bottom bracket, it can be done here in the UK (I used to work for a company in Sheffield that can do that) or in the EU.
I am a pensioner so I am not in a hurry nor desparate to feed my family and you should really tone down your voice a bit when talking to an aged person. Watch your language before calling other people trolls.

This is the shaft I propose to replace with one that integrates a torque sensor

Last edited:
Reactions: guerney

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
Take the shaft to an engineering company, they will 3d scan it and then add,or subtract material as per tolerances. The bearing quality and tolerance specifications may not be followed correctly in the shaft and housing. Are the bearings of sufficient quality for its intended purpose.
A lot of bike have non round bottom brackets, this includes the expensive ones. If buying NTN bearings, be careful as there is a lot of fakes about. The best supplier I have found is Hambini Engineering, I ordered replacement bearings from him recently, very good service.
Is this going to be the longest thread in Pedelecs history.

Reactions: guerney and Woosh