has d8veh left this time for good?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And of course, in most cases, you can actually see the poster rather than some strange i.d’s and profile pics.
This is pretty much normal in forums, Facebook is to some extent the odd one out I think. I've worked in computer forums as a helper and I'm also a small arthropod species identifier in the Natural History Museum forum, and in all cases the members have mainly been identified by nom de plumes.

I always use flecc which is the first part of my Italian surname, so not totally anonymous.

Reactions: Marwood Hill

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Facebook is evil!

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Got to agree Facebook is total crap
Full of people with so many supposed friends who they would probably walk past in the street and not even acknowledge
Marwood doesn't agree...

1. All your content published on their thing belongs to them to do as they please with. That is evil. Google Plus on the other hand is interested in the people who are interested by your content, not quite the same thing.
2. It is an advertising agency pretending to be something of social value. Google comes out and says "We are an advertising agency". Lying about what you do to earn money is evil.
3. The day that I heard Coca Cola and McDonalds had pages I knew that it was the most evil place on the internet...

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
Hopefully this was just an inquiry and you are not intending to leave.
Maybe some members may be interested in my thoughts on my new addition to my ebike collection. I am getting Xited. I have ordered a Kwikfold Xite 3. How will it perform in a hilly rural location with some rather uneven road surfaces. I will tell you. It should be here by now but it seems that Parcelforce don’t know where North Devon is. They have sent it north rather than south and tracking tells me that it’s been in their Newcastle Depot for three days now.

• :D
Reactions: mike killay

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
Full of people with so many supposed friends who they would probably walk past in the street and not even acknowledge
I agree with this. Facebook jealousy is a horrible thing. So called friends sometimes become unfriended due to jealousy. Old friends reunited aren’t how they seemed to once be. You see the real person on FB. You see their likes, dislikes and personality and then you realise that you have absolutety nothing in common. In some cases.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc and Fat Rat

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
View attachment 25478
Nothing pedelec for UK but seems to work for Germany with 10.2K members.
But you could set it up if you want a Facebook group, it's a free world. I'm on the committee of an organisation looking after a nature reserve and we have never set up anything for Facebook. But some of the regular visitors to our reserve, mainly dog walkers, have set up a Facebook group about our reserve and organisation, posting news and photos in there. LINK

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Maybe some members may be interested in my thoughts on my new addition to my ebike collection. I am getting Xited. I have ordered a Kwikfold Xite 3. How will it perform in a hilly rural location with some rather uneven road surfaces. I will tell you. It should be here by now but it seems that Parcelforce don’t know where North Devon is. They have sent it north rather than south and tracking tells me that it’s been in their Newcastle Depot for three days now.
Oh dear, Parcelforce again. How they remain in business baffles me. On a few occasions I've informed businesses that I will never trade with them while they use Parcelforce as their courier, hoping that will improve matters or lead to Parcelforce's demise.

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
But you could set it up if you want a Facebook group, it's a free world.
Setting up a Facebook pedelec group is not for me.I don’t have sufficient knowledge of electric bicycles. It would work well though. Bike pics taken in an area of outstanding natural beauty are great. I post mine on Instagram. I have created several successful Facebook groups. North Devon photography, history and education groups. The North Devon photography group now has 20,000 members

• Informative
Reactions: flecc and LeighPing

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
some of the regular visitors to our reserve, mainly dog walkers, have set up a Facebook group about our reserve and organisation, posting news and photos in there. LINK
Your link shows that this is a Facebook Page not a Group. There is a big difference. Groups allow members to post and interact. Pages content is controlled by one person, the admin, and are only best suited for promotion of a single brand / product. I don’t like Pages. The posts are there one minute and gone the next. Unlike groups, where comments on a particular post, no matter how old, will bump it back to the top of the page for further interaction.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Your link shows that this is a Facebook Page not a Group. There is a big difference. Groups allow members to post and interact. Pages content is controlled by one person, the admin, and are only best suited for promotion of a single brand / product. I don’t like Pages. The posts are there one minute and gone the next. Unlike groups, where comments on a particular post, no matter how old, will bump it back to the top of the page for further interaction.
I know. There is a group, I've been sent links to it, but I'm not on Facebook and don't know how to find it now to show it to you. I don't know its exact title so only found pages.

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
D8veh, your knowledge of electric bicycles would make you a good admin of a Facebook pedelec group.
Does subject matter knowledge make a good admin or a fair and consistent view on posts not being against the forums standards??

This is not aimed at anyone in particular.