Has Giant manufactured their own crank drive system?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ed you broke ur motor and batt on ur ktm fs and dont even use a dongle u just a ebike killer lol.

and still got all me frame bolts ;) same motor and batt ;)

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
The motor and battery are the same on both bikes, so hardly an issue unique to KTM. :)

The battery had a software recognition fault, and was replaced within the space of a week, as was the motor. I'm not the only person/forum member to have suffered bearing failure, and a quick Google search will reveal the same of the battery.

I'm only teasing with the following SW. :)

You also have to remember that I actually use my bike off road. ;) In fact, my total mixed off road, and road mileage for this year will by close to 3,000 miles come the end of December. I'm guessing at 80% off road, and 20% percent on road. Not a bad figure for mainly weekend and evening playing.

Not sure what you mean about the frame bolts. I've only ever read about Haibikes loosing rear suspension linkage bolts. Indeed, the only thing holding your own bolts in are cable ties. :p But as said before, that is just down to a poor maintenance regime by some owners. (not counting you in that, as you still have your bolts) The rear hub etc, didn't exactly last long on the Haibike either. I suspect that given my annual mileage, my bike has actually been far more reliable, and also required less/ no upgrades. :p

Ref the e-Race, the only photo that I can currently find, is this one.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
nothing last forever ;) my bike needs a service tho and need a new arm from a t1000.

nhs said no ;(

Reactions: EddiePJ

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Do they go to the pub and get pissed before coming up with their bike colours. http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/full.e.1.arriving.spring.2016/25034/92031/

Inspire me to buy one, no thanks. I'm sure that the prices have also dropped on both by about £600.00 when compared with just over a year ago. With the colours offered for the 2016 range, they will have to be giving them away to shift any.
Thought you liked a splash of orange in your bikes Eddie :p

Reactions: EddiePJ

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
has Giant sneakily manufactured their own system?
They only ever did that once, a crank drive in 1999, and it was a horrible near 40 kilo tank of a bike. The Americans seemed to like it, probably because it made them look slimmer:

• :D
Reactions: Fordulike

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Yes, je James seems to have keen prices, I looked at a specialized roll elite on their site for about £400, other sites were £500

cheekee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 30, 2016
UK
Just got a great deal on a second battery for my dirt E +2. £260 on ebay.