South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I closed my eyes and I slipped away https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZpuEi9em5Q
You are getting over excited John.....the link doesnt work.....:(

Lynda :)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
You've got the idea, Lynda. Lord knows, we've all paid enough in the past. Worked and worked and paid and paid. I think with a modest van or boat we can all take a break.
I recently toyed with the idea of buying a narrow boat to live on but love travelling in my van too much.....and cant bear to give up my house....I simply could not de clutter enough ......

You know what us women are like....we love our 'things' lol

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
This is the definitive John....and my funeral song......

If I waited for you to post the link I could well be dead !

Snow Patrol - Run - YouTube

Richard_M

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
Ely, East Englia.
....I simply could not de clutter enough ......
You know what us women are like....we love our 'things' lol
Tell me about it ! Us blokes like our stuff too. I've been on this raft for 12 years and it's getting a bit mental. Tools...spares...stuff. When I totally run out of workspace I have a clear-out but regret it soon after. Bin it and you'll need it next week without doubt.

Richard_M

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
Ely, East Englia.
[FONT=&]...My trip was purely for pleasure and I had all afternoon.[/FONT]
All the same, good on you. All riding in the Fens is a challenge and quite frustrating at times. You can see your destination from 20 miles away, but just how do you get there ? There are so many drains, fences and very few bridges. Good luck to you and I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Goodnight :)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Tell me about it ! Us blokes like our stuff too. I've been on this raft for 12 years and it's getting a bit mental. Tools...spares...stuff. When I totally run out of workspace I have a clear-out but regret it soon after. Bin it and you'll need it next week without doubt.
Yes....but Id like to bet its different sort of stuff
Whats all this "tools.....spares....stuff " lol

Im talking paintings, mirrors, ornaments, lamps, clothes, SHOES, handbags, knitting yarn, craft materials, magazines, books,china, makeup, body lotion and potions, nail varnish,bears,DOGS !!!!!!!

Growbag

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2013
Torbay, Devon
Ah the Fens, some of my earliest cycling memories. I was more on the edge of the Fens at Terrington St.Clement, but know the area well. Definitely know what you mean about seeing your destination from 20 miles away and the challenge to get there.

Ettica

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2008
Heskin Lancashire
Thats interesting Richard, I look forward to hearing the measurements when you take them. I have a solar panel on my van but havent yet attempted to ever charge my bike battery from it.
But I know what you mean about all that sun.....I love watching my control thingy showing all that charge going in....very satisfying :D

Great isn't it .... our static is in a field and when friends come to stay they are quite unaware where the electrickery comes from. I am always switching the lights off and eventually they ask why I keep doing it... to save the battery... "what battery?" ... I explain and they are a little confused at first. Where do you charge it? "Solar panel on roof" ... "oh, ."

They are a little shocked when they see me wheeling the "waste water" up the field. "What's that?"
.. you don't want to know... :)