Hello!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
How do you use that? Does that just connect to the inner tube valve?
yes but it destroys the inner tube as leaves gunk inside of it that you cant clean out.

Adam Nervous

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2020
How do you use that? Does that just connect to the inner tube valve?
Yes. 3 months back I got a puncture in the rear tyre. I removed the shard of glass. I turned the wheel so the the puncture was at the bottom. Inflated the tyre using the aerosol. Waited a couple of minutes. Then slowly rode home. Next morning I was going to repair the puncture, but the tyre was still inflated. You don't need to up end the bike.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it wont last long tho as it meant to just to get you home and car tyres dont have inner tubes.

a slime tube would be a better option if you dont want full tubeless.

PP100

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2020
yes but it destroys the inner tube as leaves gunk inside of it that you cant clean out.

I already use Slime filled tubes. But this is different stuff primarily meant for motor vehicle tyres. Though it seems can be used on bike punctures.

Adam Nervous

Jul 20, 2020
I already use Slime filled tubes. But this is different stuff primarily meant for motor vehicle tyres. Though it seems can be used on bike punctures.
I am still riding on the same tyre and inner tube. No problems.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I am still riding on the same tyre and inner tube. No problems.
but if you get another flat then you will need more holts as the sealant i use stays liquid for around 3 months and does not turn in to gunk as it just evaporates over time.

Adam Nervous

Jul 20, 2020
but if you get another flat then you will need more holts as the sealant i use stays liquid for around 3 months and does not turn in to gunk as it just evaporates over time.
The key here is, whatever works. My bike is very heavy, and I am an old git. It's whatever makes life easier.

Reactions: Steed

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
The key here is, whatever works. My bike is very heavy, and I am an old git. It's whatever makes life easier.
DSC_0046_02.JPG
i over take the race bike riders on the pavement :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

i can do that for 50 miles id dump the front hub motor as there is no way you would go down a dh track with that lump on the front wheel.

horses for courses ;)

Adam Nervous

Jul 20, 2020

i can do that for 50 miles id dump the front hub motor as there is no way you would go down a dh track with that lump on the front wheel.

horses for courses ;)
Trust me citizen. This thing shifts like nothing else..... I am an electrical genius

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Trust me citizen. This thing shifts like nothing else..... I am an electrical genius
it could go 1000mph it wont help you if it is so heavy you cant control it off road DH take it to bike park wales and watch what happens ;)

Adam Nervous

Jul 20, 2020
it could go 1000mph it wont help you if it is so heavy you cant control it off road DH take it to bike park wales and watch what happens ;)

Heavy is good, it means better grip. This thing could go up the side of a mountain and would not even break a sweat. From standing still to full throttle, it would rip the arms out of their sockets....no kidding.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Heavy is good, it means better grip. This thing could go up the side of a mountain and would not even break a sweat. From standing still to full throttle, it would rip the arms out of their sockets....no kidding.
and going down the mountain you will die because of the shear waight and cant change course in tight turns ;)

trees hurt lol.

go try going up that, you have no chance ;)

Adam Nervous

Jul 20, 2020
and going down the mountain you will die because of the shear waight and cant change course in tight turns ;)

trees hurt lol.
This puppy would bring down trees it's so heavy. Americans like biscuits and gravy. This bike is like biscuits and gravy..... but with meat. A lecturer of electrical engineering said my bike was plain ridiculous and nasty.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
This puppy would bring down trees it's so heavy. Americans like biscuits and gravy. This bike is like biscuits and gravy..... but with meat. A lecturer of electrical engineering said my bike was plain ridiculous and nasty.

looks a bit crap compared to that sort of fire power tho :p

ColinJTod

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2020
Todmorden
Thanks for all of your contributions so far!

seems to me that a Woosh Rambla would suit her well:
The bike is very quiet and feels very much like riding a good push bike. The battery is 36V 14AH, she should be able to get 50 miles out of it at her weight.
In terms of performance, I'm sure that it would suit her... but unfortunately she doesn't like the appearance of it! :rolleyes:

My pal does quite like the look of the Faro but I'm thinking that since she already owns a perfectly decent bike (my old Orange Prestige MTB which is a quality steel framed hardtail with rigid forks, and large slick tyres), a conversion kit might be the best option for her, saving her a few hundred pounds (with my free labour...).

She told me that she only wants to own one bike so if she buys a new one, the old one has to go. It isn't really worth selling (unless there is an unsuspected market for 'classic' 20+ year old English mountain bikes**) so she would just give it away, probably to a local bike recycling charity.

I hadn't really taken into account how much easier a motor's job would be getting her 60-odd kg up a steep hill than my 90 kgs, or somebody else's 100+ kgs. Reading the various opinions above and browsing around, I reckon a quiet efficient motor like the AIKEMA 85SX could be ideal.

Powered by a 17 Ah battery and a reasonable pedalling effort by her some very nice local Yorkshire/Lancashire routes would be doable. Yes, I have my eye on the Whoosh 85SX kit! (I haven't checked with her yet though.)

How much would a 26" wheel with the motor hub built in, the 17AH battery, and any cables and controls weigh? (£599, wasn't it, for all of that?) I haven't weighed the bike, but I'd guess that it is about 13 kg. If so, it should be possible to convert it to an ebike weighing about 19 kg?

** Hmm, it looks like there IS a demand for such old MTBs. This incomplete one went for £201 last week!!