Here is my experience with BMS Battery

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
BMS at first ignored or forgot about my request for help over a KU93 controller which didn't work properly, however, when I asked again they sent another one with my next order. The order (as with all my orders with them) they sought an extra $15 or $25 postage for after a few days, even though it had no batteries or heavy stuff in it or anything (and before I mentioned they'd ignored/forgotten about the KU93). So both very good and very bad there.

I'd also point out that their 11.6ah 48v 09-type and 36v 14.5ah battery works out the same after shipping and duty as buying it from Eclipse in the UK except from Eclipse you get a warranty, whopping protection if you pay by credit card, and presumably support, whereas from BMS you get only 180 days paypal protection for 'goods not as described' which includes the formal requirement that you send it back to China at your cost.

D

Deleted member 4366

I always recommend that people go to Eclipse for them now, except that BMSB do the ones with the included 20A sinewave controller kit, which makes them very desirable.

eHomer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2012
Just a follow up to my previous post, my order from BMS has now arrived, in just under two weeks overall.

Two packages, sent by Fedex, containing a controller, rim, motor and misc other small parts, all exactly as ordered.

I'll still no doubt get clobbered by the subsequent Fedex invoice for the tax, but it's still way cheaper than anywhere else, and I've never seen the 328rpm motors advertised over here anyway.

Gurnard

Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2015
Personally I would not recommend using them. My experience is that I ordered a motor and battery.

First off they messed around with the dispatch date and changed the courier and asked for extra postage.
Once I received the motor it was damaged so that it could not be fitted to the bike. I spoke to them for one month and provided photos and videos and they said they would repay some compensation, then the money was not paid, then I was referred to the boss.

Nothing came. So I contacted support a second time and was told to fix it. After checking here I went for a pay pal dispute (as this option was about to expire by now). PayPal came in my favour but to send it back is going to cost me another 200 euro, good money after bad.
So I am kind of stuck really with 742 + 140 (tax) = 880 euro about the same price to buy it from a European distributor.

So for the one off personal buyers I would suggest find another supplier there are loads out there.

appyarry

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2015
Lyminge, Kent
So for the one off personal buyers I would suggest find another supplier there are loads out there.
I recently had an issue with a charger BMS were going to send me a new one but I managed to repair it easily so I cancelled the replacement. I would use them again but as always would check out UK suppliers first as they are improving their prices and customer service.

jumpin

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Altrincham
I'v just been to bms website to buy a new setup, after reading this thread im having second thouhts. Does anyone know where i can buy a 350w mid drive, and a 36v 21ah 08 bottle battery with 35e batteries? In the uk

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I'v just been to bms website to buy a new setup, after reading this thread im having second thouhts. Does anyone know where i can buy a 350w mid drive, and a 36v 21ah 08 bottle battery with 35e batteries? In the uk
That thread started 8 years ago when most Chinese websites were like that. If you read through and do your research, you'll see that they're pretty reliable now, though you can expect delivery in 2 to 4 weeks from placing your order, depending on what you order. Many guys on this forum have used them many times and not had any problems worth mentioning.