How did you find out about electric bikes?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just that David. :)

I can't blame him for the cost cutting which he's been actively doing in other directions as well, since that was the podium on which he was elected, but the pretence of everything else still happening is foolish.

Having left himself short with the closing of the western extension of the congestion charge, he's said he's trying for more central government cash.

Yeah right, Labour Government/Tory Mayor/Recession, that's going to happen. :rolleyes:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
£9m

Thanks Flecc

I will ask them the question prior to my meeting, and report back.

I understand that professional politicians are just that and have to be elected before they can start to do their jobs. But publishing that wonderful article and weeks later cutting £9M from cycling budgets is beyond me!

Best reggaes David

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But publishing that wonderful article and weeks later cutting £9M from cycling budgets is beyond me!

Best reggaes David
Back in June 2008 he said he was keeping to the £55 million cycling budget that Ken Livingstone had fixed, but the cut of £9 million for the boroughs cycling budgets came by the end of the year.

He'd talked himself into a trap with the electoral promise to get rid of the western extension, so after his election and changing his mind about it, he felt obliged to hold a referendum on it, hoping it would be kept. The residents of the area didn't see it that way, so the future cash disappeared. I dare say the collapse of the City economy hasn't done much for the main congestion charge income either, so life isn't going to get any easier for him.

stranger

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2009
New Forest. Hants.
I live on a Park Home site (yes--in a Park Home :p ) --and since I got my PB, at least three other residents have bought an e-bike--and also two people from the stable-yard where I keep my horses now have them.

I see quite a few others (Wispers and PB's) buzzing around the area too--so people DO buy them, once they know where to get them. They aren't a bad sort of price after all.

Sammy Miller advertises in the local rag.

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi

I seen Electric bikes on Central News then at the Cycleshow and have not looked back since.

Thx

Bob