How to find a trustworthy bike shop if…

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the most expensive part of the bike is the batt and decent cells cost money so replacement cost can be high a bosch 500w batt is £633.

my bike has pas and a torque sensor inside the motor witch means the faster i spin the more power i get at max 120 rpm at the cranks and going 40mph with 500w coming from my legs :p

Sylvs

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2023
the most expensive part of the bike is the batt and decent cells cost money so replacement cost can be high a bosch 500w batt is £633.

my bike has pas and a torque sensor inside the motor witch means the faster i spin the more power i get at max 120 rpm at the cranks and going 40mph with 500w coming from my legs :p
Am I overreacting about £450 for a 36 V 10ah?
Also, earlier we talked about breaks, can v-breaks be replaced with disc or hydraulic ones? Would not be doing it to a Wisper if I get one but if the conversion is not completely off the table

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
a decent batt with good cells will last for years so its better to pay more for something with warranty in the uk.

every time someone thinks they got a deal on a batt from china for 200 quid and then posts it wont charge and then lifts the lid to see what is wrong means it goes in the bin or there house on fire.

they can make any pack to fit any bike you want but as said it wont be cheap.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Sylvs

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2023
a decent batt with good cells will last for years so its better to pay more for something with warranty in the uk.

every time someone thinks they got a deal on a batt from china for 200 quid and then posts it wont charge and then lifts the lid to see what is wrong means it goes in the bin or there house on fire.

they can make any pack to fit any bike you want but as said it wont be cheap.
My thoughts on the battery is getting a spare one with the bike. Tony at woosh said they don’t hold well if unused but I was wanting to use them interchangeably. Purely because I know I’ll be terrible at remembering to charge the bike and it’s for commuting so I don’t want to suddenly be 7miles from work and have to use full leg power to race there.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have two batts for my bike as best way to make them last longer even tho expensive i have a batt from 2016 and still works but range is down as expected and if i cant kill it no one can ;)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
My thoughts on the battery is getting a spare one with the bike. Tony at woosh said they don’t hold well if unused but I was wanting to use them interchangeably. Purely because I know I’ll be terrible at remembering to charge the bike and it’s for commuting so I don’t want to suddenly be 7miles from work and have to use full leg power to race there.
Or you could get one big battery which needs charging every couple of days? Downside is about 2kg extra weight, which will be a literal drag when you do run of juice miles from home. My 19.2ah battery gets me 43 totally effort free miles (cadence sensored) and non-sweaty is exactly how I want to turn up at work. I'm self-employed, so a round trip for work can sometimes be much further than 20 miles, but usually about 20 miles a day is sufficient.

Last edited:
Reactions: AntonyC

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20ah batt on bafang hd on throttle new is 17 miles with 30a and max power everything with throttle fkn thing is a death trap lol
:p

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
20ah batt on bafang hd on throttle new is 17 miles with 30a and max power everything with throttle fkn thing is a death trap lol
:p
Your mate on the right looks the type. And what's with that saddle angle? Has he lost his knackers? Is he holding his knackers in his hands? Is he saying look I've got my knackers in my hands?

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
30a max power you isn't running level lol fkn thing can drop me 50m b4 i can catch up but off road it falls to bits so new one on the way ;)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
30a max power you isn't running level lol fkn thing can drop me 50m b4 i can catch up but off road it falls to bits so new one on the way ;)
Has he set up firmware badly?

A new HD?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
got a brand new hd for the new frame thus why wanted a new bling ring ;)

so can service the 750 and hd for the fleet ;)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
got a brand new hd for the new frame thus why wanted a new bling ring ;)

so can service the 750 and hd for the fleet ;)
Offroad bikes should have saddles with shock absorbing knacker holders.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
he has broken 2 of my old saddles and blew apart the bottom of the forks on that bike fkn thing is done lol.

the 5k shitamno bike can go down the tip :p :rolleyes:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
he has broken 2 of my old saddles and blew apart the bottom of the forks on that bike fkn thing is done lol.
TF!?!? Does he have ultra-heavy uranium knackers?!?? I'm amazed he can hold them up that high tbh. Knackers inflatable with helium for offroaders could be useful - they could float along safely, no matter how bumpy the terrain.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
in 10 years that thing is the only thing that can kick my ass, and i made it happen ;)

new bike should not fall to bits down hill but we shall see ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
he worked in a bike shop for 20 years we have more frames esp giant we could put a bbs hd on a bmx :p

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Bumped into this bloke, check out the 40mph+ kid's bike he made 13 years ago:

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yep that's like my m8s bike flat out you pull the brakes and nothing cos there crap try going dh at 60 mph and you will die

• Agree
Reactions: AndyBike