I’m new to ebikes.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Both Fiido D21 and X are torque sensor bikes, the X (according to one member here) having a higher quality branded torque sensor than the generic one fitted to the D21. The other main improvement is that the X also has hydraulic disc brakes rather than mechanical.
@martinedcense Looking through all your posts, you seem to be making a regular habit of simply cutting and pasting other members comments rather than adding any of your own, this being mine made in post #3. Reported as spamming.

Reactions: HelenJ

B1ll

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 21, 2022
Hi everyone,
I hoped to be able to report my riding experience but, when I opened the box, while videoing every step, I noticed a small piece of metal at the bottom of the box. At first, I didn’t pick it up but, while setting the bike up, my attention was drawn to the stand in that it wouldn’t hold the bike up. I saw that the piece had snapped off the lug, that the axle goes through. See the photo:49490

B1ll

Oct 21, 2022
Anyway, they’re sending me a replacement which will take about 2-3 weeks. Disappointing but, surely, this is a glitch. I’ll let you know how I get on. Bill.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
That the missing bit was in the box suggests it might be impact damage whilst in transit. That's apparently what happened with the snapped frame bike.

Who was the carrier? Was there damage to the box?

I know these cast Magnesium Alloy frames look good, but the added weight and these impact fractures don't bode well for a device likely to be subject to at least some impact shock in regular daily use. Mmm.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Decades ago, after two magnesium alloy Kirk Revolution frames cracked with brutal downhill use, I got a refund and went back to steel.

B1ll

Oct 21, 2022
Hi all,
I don’t intend to put the bike through any harsh treatment such as I’ve seen on YouTube eg: skids and jumps or sleeping policemen even. It is concerning. I’ll keep you posted.
Thanks for your input. Bill.

B1ll

Oct 21, 2022
The carrier was FedEx but the box showed no sign of maltreatment at all. Bill.

B1ll

Oct 21, 2022
Hi, Does anyone recommend a clear waterproof lacquer paint to prevent the bright screw heads from rusting as I’ve seen on the Smithy YouTube channel? Thanks, Bill.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Clear nail varnish works well. None of my own bikes have ever shown any signs of rust anywhere. I do quickly towel off the worst if I get caught out in the rain, and I do keep them inside warm and dry.

B1ll

Oct 21, 2022
Hello all,
After having to return my Fiido X V2, Fiido have sent a replacement, from China, and it’s fine. Saying it’s fine, why is the rear derailleur like that? See photo:49543

B1ll

Oct 21, 2022
It’s not going on the road until I know it’s ok!
Regards,
Bill.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Chain looks a bit short! Post a pic in the highest gear for comparison.

B1ll

Oct 21, 2022
Matthew,
It looks, to my inexperienced eye, more like I’d expect. What do you think?
Regards,
Bill.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
That angle is what I would expect to see in the lowest gear, and that looks to be 5th. The chain looks 4 or even 6 links short to me.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Here's my 20" wheeled folding bike in lowest gear - the gears on my particular and old (2006 :eek:) bike only work properly, when three links are removed.

It were my bike, I'd be out on the roads trying my new bike out (after trying all gear changes at home first).

B1ll

Oct 21, 2022
Guerney,
The battery is coming on Monday. I’ve got a comfy saddle to put on, then I’ll be on the road!
Regards,
Bill.