I am so sad......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
well Bighead typical Panasonic owner, absolutely humorless.....and I get accused of being aggressive?lol

where did I say they where the rolls Royce of boilers? Your delusional pal.

maybe use your knowledge to help rather then attack.....I have only found out that I need a boiler
yesterday so went on various websites and Ideal came out worse, but Viessmann and Bosch seemed to get good reviews
You never said they were the Rolls Royce of boilers, that's what Worcester Bosch class themselves as and it used to be their advertising.
You come across on many threads that Bosch are some sort of superior product, they are not!
Middle of the road power tools, not bad, but middle of the road, but boilers not so hot (excuse the pun)
I always liked BAXI never much trouble, good price and of course made in the UK so spares always available.
If you want advice on power tools then Makita battery drills take some beating and i have used a Metabo power drill for donkeys years, in fact it lasted longer than me

Also i would think i am far from the typical Panasonic owner....Pal?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Bosch bikes generally not available here so I dont see how you can claim they are inferior, when contrary to that most enthusiasts who ride them think quite the opposite...

here is a review: Google Translate

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
"I dont see how you can claim they are inferior, when contrary to that most enthusiasts who ride them think quite the opposite..."

A bit like Tonaros in that case then.

Steve

Graeme

Pedelecer
May 7, 2011
Monifieth, Dundee, Scotland
Maybe we should all read the terms and conditions of posting before we go any further.

Point 2 subsection c says...
"YOU must assume that my unbiased non partisan factually based opinion that my bike is better than your bike is the basis for our discussion-full stop - end of-" :eek:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
flecc, is what you have said here a fact or an opinion? ;-)

Let me guess, in your opinion its a fact...right?
My point wasn't very clever, just an observation that BMW cars are rated well above car averages and undoubtedly Eddie will know of at least enough of that higher opinion.

On that basis it's a fact. However, if my opinion that Eddie is aware to that degree is wrong, and he is unaware but just biased on some other basis, then my stated fact is actually just an opinion.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Bosch are some sort of superior product, they are not!
Middle of the road power tools, not bad, but middle of the road, but boilers not so hot (excuse the pun)
I always liked BAXI never much trouble, good price and of course made in the UK so spares always available.
If you want advice on power tools then Makita battery drills take some beating and i have used a Metabo power drill for donkeys years, in fact it lasted longer than me
Thanks for that Biged. Some time ago, I posted something where I said I hoped their ebike motors were better than their power tool ones. Someone replied suggesting I must be referring to Bosch "green" as Bosch "blue" were top notch. Having used both and many other Japanese power tools, I'd advise anyone, tradesman or DIY buff, to go with the Jap stuff. Another strong make priced a little cheaper is Ryobi.

I agree also with your boiler preference and I'd add the Potterton profile range from the early 90s as they have lasted well and all the bits are still available. I wonder how many people have been conned into replacing an old boiler with a new-fangled condensing model when their old one could have been fixed for a tenth of the price and would have continued to provide good service for a few more years?

Regards,
Indalo

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Thanks for that Biged. Some time ago, I posted something where I said I hoped their ebike motors were better than their power tool ones. Someone replied suggesting I must be referring to Bosch "green" as Bosch "blue" were top notch. Having used both and many other Japanese power tools, I'd advise anyone, tradesman or DIY buff, to go with the Jap stuff. Another strong make priced a little cheaper is Ryobi.
To be fair to Bosch - I only recently replaced a green mains SDS one with a Makita after nearly a decade of hard trade use. The Makita is loverly, though :)
I also have a Bosch 12V SDS cordless which was ex-BT (and who knows how many holes it drilled before I got it) - a decade on and it's still going strong.

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
I've not logged on for a week, what have I missed ?

It's not even Winter yet (although it feels like it some days) and the forum is already falling into disrepute, ahhh, roll on grumpy Christmas :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.