Insult to Democracy

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
eHomer.
Exactly, after all we are a consumer society and buy what's best for ourselves.
I'm afraid not. we were an overindulged unproductive society harbouring misguided delusions about being special. we are, after al, about to discover the hard way what happens to people who dont think before making important decisions in an interdependent reality. Those who voted brexit have just bought themselves something really interesting (the words an opportunity to become roadkill comes to mind).

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Just one problem with your rant, and that is it was a right winger who just killed a left wing politician
Whos's writing your material? it's BS
But as usual don't let the truth or facts bother you

Torys are the most damaging people on the planet, look at the damage done by the Bevy of fools on both sides of the Referendum shambles, and your beloved right wing press had helped these fools lie about the EU for a generation to cover up their blunders. causing a skewed result as the public blamed the EU for Tory incompetence
And they have even admitted that neither side bothered to plan based on a probable outcome
What kind of Cretins make so basic an error as that?
And you support them and claim to be intelligent? compared with what? the average Gnat?
To be a Tory you have to have as little intelligence as a Pheasant has road sense.
And on reflection apologies are due to the pheasants .
If there was a button for bad grammar, I would have rated your post as being, between poor and semi-literate.

• Dislike
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
If there was a button for bad grammar, I would have rated your post as being, between poor and semi-literate.
A shame then that essentially it's true!
And give your "grammar" my regards next time you see her.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Careful you guys, the way the police are these days, next they'll be asking you how you knew they were dead and where you were when it happened. :(
I'm going do a Boris and blame Tillson
And revert to the old Navaho Indian Trick of screaming and begging if that doesn't work.
Unlike the Government you see I have made a cunning plan for every eventuality. :D

• :D

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The credit rating was completely discredited in 2008, when it helped to create the economic catastrphe of that year. Fitch and others gave knowingly bankrupt banks highest rating possible. In industry the rating is viewed with almost contempt. Its meaningless, our lending houses said as much tho morning. Its had no effect on borrowing / lending rates.
The downturn in global markets has far more to do wit the pathetic campaign of lies and exaggerations than brexit. In effect absolutely nothing has changed. Economics is very much a confidence trick. If you shout recession, it happens. Folk in know speculate and make matters worse. Head of German banking has privately made over 200million pounds,buying gold. Ie betting on downturn. It wasn't even a gamble,had market not gone down, gold would have remained static. He,d have broken even but the effect of his selling to buy gold reduces share price and others follow suit.A cynical person might suggest he did it to produce downturn, increase price of gold and hence cause problems for uk.
All nothing at all to do with Brexit , all more to do with greedy investors and folk screaming recession, but Brexit takes the blame.Stayers campaign latch on to it and unsavvy public buy into it.

Not a sinngle contract has been lost,business gone bankrupt, higher interest rate been paid,tarrif been introduced or anything of kind to really affect markets. Just foolish people with vested interests to stay shouting about downturn. That is root cause of problem at moment, and the blame can be put squarely at our governments door for not being honest or realistic during campaign.
YET

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I don't know why, there was certainly an appetite for a referendum. Don't you think people should be allowed a democratic choice?

I was quite prepared to accept an in vote if it happened and I said so before a single vote had been cast. Why can't people accept democracy?
If you recall I forecast this result and the problem people have in accepting the result is that those in the remain camp know very well that the voters have been indoctrinated against the EU by a thirty year campaign of lies by Government and Press to cover up Government incompetence.
The result is not democracy, it's more in the nature of an outbreak of misplaced rage directed at the wrong villain of the piece.
Why did I forecast a win for Brexit?
Because when people have been presented lies as truth all theirs lives they are going to react in a predicable fashion, against the perceived cause of their woes and the Government and RentaFreepress had made damn sure that was the EU, which is why when Cameron for the first time in his life tried to defend the EU it fell on deaf ears.
And for what it's worth, if the promises made by the leave politicians aren't kept they are in a very sticky position, with regard to the public, which is why they are disappearing from the scene like rats from a sinking ship.
Even if the Stock Market goes into an orgasm of boom.
I wouldn't overturn this decision even if I could
You need to find that if a thing looks too good to be true, it generally is.
By the way even after the Referendum the press is still spewing it's lies, either because it suffers from mental diarrhoea, or it realises the support for Brexit needs to be carefully nurtured or it will disappear like a Tory or UKIP politician.

Last edited:
Reactions: Croxden and trex

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
What fun this referendum has been: plots, sub-plots and still more to come. It has attracted discussion, meetings of minds, unusual applications of statistics, dreams of Utopia, clerics spouting scripture and all manner of facial contortions by politicians attempting to appear sincere. What will the next referendum require of us? Perhaps we should return to buttoned flies - to zip or not to zip? Should the Highway code suggest we abandon left or right and just drive down the middle? And will the mighty intellect that decided we should have a referendum be rewarded with a Nobel Prize or just simple immortality? Keep the questions coming!
Nurse, have I had my medication yet? Where's my biscuit?
Tom
And as a beneficial side effect the enormous thermal generated by all this hot air has finally closed the hole in the Ozone layer.
Can I have a biscuit too?
OG

Reactions: timidtom

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
But what if the grass is greener?
House prices falling to levels that the young once again afford, food prices falling by up to 8%
House prices could fall,but personally I doubt it. My daughter has just sold her house in the Midlands,the first day she had 9 viewings,it went to the asking price and sold immediately,the laws of supply and demand-there are just not enough houses for us all.
40 % of food is imported from dollar currency linked countries,if the pound v dollar falls ,food prices rise,fortunately the dollar seems to be rising again.
KudosDave

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Our share of the 8.935 billion euro 'administrative expenses' won't be much of a miss from our budget when we leave.

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Just a couple of points
Flud stated that the EU is Bankrupt
Here is the 2016 Budget
http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/policies/eu-annual-budget/2016/
Strange kind of Bankruptcy

Theresa May’s husband is a senior executive at a $1.4tn investment fund that profits from tax avoiding companies
So we can assume no conflict of interest there, can't we?
he is also a major shareholder in g4s
https://www.change.org/p/david-cameron-theresa-may-should-be-removed-as-home-secretary-due-to-a-conflict-of-interests
the british establishment is such a lovely ethical thing. on the other (nervously shaking) hand it still beats the hell out of leadsom and a pound struggling for parity with the yen

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
So May's husband is a successful businessman.

He should be locked up for that, I say.

Anyway, I thought you remain deniers wanted what's good for business.

But look on the bright side, leaving will lead to the collapse of business which will mean May's husband will go skint.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
So May's husband is a successful businessman.

He should be locked up for that, I say.

Anyway, I thought you remain deniers wanted what's good for business.

But look on the bright side, leaving will lead to the collapse of business which will mean May's husband will go skint.
Look up the words "Conflict of interest" and try to understand them.
I rather like you new catch phrase "remain deniers" do explain what it means.
Do we deny we will remain?
You need a better line than that.
Try leave deniers, but then is that really what you mean? do you know yourself by now?
And I was rather looking forward to Brexit happening to see what your version of "ethnic cleansing" of politics has actually accomplished, but now it appears the whole process will likely take 7 years, I don't really rate the chances of it being anything it's own Mother would recognise, if it ever happens, do you?

Last edited:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Look up the words "Conflict of interest" and try to understand them.
I rather like you new catch phrase "remain deniers" do explain what it means.
Do we deny we will remain?
You need a better line than that.
Try leave deniers, but then is that really what you mean? do you know yourself by now?
That's already been done by those who matter and a decision taken.

There is no conflict of interest, so all that's left for the likes of you is to squeal about it and start stupid petitions on the internet.

Happily, no one with half a brain, let alone a full one, takes any notice.

Remove a serving Prime Minister because her husband makes a few quid?

Utter (green-eyed) nonsense.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That's already been done by those who matter and a decision taken.

There is no conflict of interest, so all that's left for the likes of you is to squeal about it and start stupid petitions on the internet.

Happily, no one with half a brain, let alone a full one, takes any notice.

Remove a serving Prime Minister because her husband makes a few quid?

Utter (green-eyed) nonsense.
No wonder you can't see a problem there, as you work on the principle that if I want it to be right it will be.
And once again I refer you to my post #1305 where I confirm a second petition is pointless.
"and start stupid petitions on the internet."
It was only a couple of days ago I referred to it.
"Remove a serving Prime Minister because her husband makes a few quid?"
She isn't yet is she?
Have you an attention span problem?
Do pay attention, and a few less silly aggressive attacks would be welcome, they damage what little credibility you have.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
No wonder you can't see a problem there, as you work on the principle that if I want it to be right it will be.
And once again I refer you to my post #1305 where I confirm a second petition is pointless.
"and start stupid petitions on the internet."
It was only a couple of days ago I referred to it.
"Remove a serving Prime Minister because her husband makes a few quid?"
She isn't yet is she?
Have you an attention span problem?
Do pay attention, and a few less silly aggressive attacks would be welcome, they damage what little credibility you have.
If you think you've been aggressively attacked, you need to go out more.

Probably a good idea anyway, your dozens if not hundreds of posts in these EU threads suggest someone who has become obsessed and is losing touch with reality.

That reality could be found outside your front door.

Advertisers