Insulting Message from 50 Cycles

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 4366

I received an insulting message from 50 Cycles. I had posted it verbatim, but it has gone into moderation because there might be some legal aspects, so I'll just give you the gist of it.

It started by deliberately changing my name into a derogatory one, then went on to say that he hadn't seen someone revel so much negativity towards them. This confuses me a bit. My memory is not what it used to be, so can someone show me where I've ever been negative about 50C?

Has anybody else had such a message from 50C?

What i don't get is what 50C was trying to achieve with such a message. It certainly doesn't make me want to start promoting them.

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
I find you say it as it is d8veh...it's a welcome and refreshing change on the www...maybe it's just their way of getting you to work in the new Northern Powerhouse store:)

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
In the cold and quiet times of January, cycle shop owners may not have one once of sense of humor left. This seems to be the case with 50 Cycles. I thought d8veh's comment, on the other thread, was very tounge in cheek and humorous. To 50 Cycles I would say that I saw it as nothing negative towards them directly. It was a joke, funny even. If I was living in Manchester, I'd apply for the position they are advertizing. An expanding company is a successful company and good luck to them.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In response to your original thread on this Dave, I went through your last 200 posts. The only vague association I could find was in the 50cycles new store manager thread were you posted a response to another member, not mentioning 50cycles.

At a stretch it might be considered sardonic and one member tagged it as funny, indeed it was amusing.

In no way did it justify the response you received from Scott Snaith, director of 50cycles.

This is the post.

D

Deleted member 4366

I've seen a lot of people post direct negative comments about 50C., but they say that they've never seen someone revel so much negativity as me, which implies that I'm the worst.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I just had another scan on this subject and found this that you posted in July 2014:

"One of the advantages of the Kalkhoff is that if it needs a software update, 50cycles will loan you the device to do it, which gives you a chance to change another setting." (link)

Really Dave, how could you be so negative about 50cycles? :D

D

Deleted member 4366

I reckon that you've been more negative than me about Kalkhoffs, Flecc. I've seen that stuff on your website, where you mention negative wires. Does political correctness mean that we have to call them non-positive now, or is that being negative too?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And more negativity from you, in response to a mention that 50cycles weren't advertising in this site, on 17th September 2016 you posted this:

"Is it because it's too embarrassing having a presence on the forum at the moment? I guess I feel sort of sorry for them because the problem isn't really their fault."

And there's this post:

"I'm sure that if you asked 50cycles about the reprogramming before you bought the bike, you could come to a satisfactory arrangement about the warranty. I guess that they wouldn't want to publish anything about reprogramming or what they allow or don't allow. - best kept between you and them if you don't want to spoil it for everyone."

And this:

"Why not just get a new battery for your bike. They're not that expensive for the new copy ones, which IIRC even 50Cycles sell."

And this:

"Don't forget about all the EN15194 compliant (sort of) bikes that have LCDs where you can re-program the speed limit in the LCD, which is a fair proportion of bikes sold in UK, and then there's those with a pair of wires that you can unplug. Nobody seems to be complaining about that, so leave 50cycles alone, nearly everybody's doing it because that's what many customers want."

And this:

"50Cycles should have a fair range in Loughborough.
Derbyshire is a big place. Where exactly are you?"

And this:

"The Focus something or other from 50Cycles looked very promising, but I didn't get a chance to try it. It has an inverted impulse motor."

And this:

i didn't find much inspiring apart from the 350w Bosch from 50Cycles. It had very good power and was quite nice to ride.

And this:

"The problem with the crank-drives is finding them in stock, but 50Cycles have got some on discount at the moment, and they're giving additional discount to forum members if you ask."

You really must stop these relentless attacks on 50cycles. :D

Last edited:

Templogin

Pedelecer
May 15, 2014
Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i never got one ? tho we now know why the boat anchor thread got locked :rolleyes:
)
just shows you what a bunch of :D (removed by admin)

Last edited by a moderator:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I reckon that you've been more negative than me about Kalkhoffs, Flecc.
I've indeed posted both aspects in respect of Kalkhoffs and 50cycles, negatives and positives, just as you've done.

Templogin

Pedelecer
May 15, 2014
It must be disconcerting for them opening a new store when the savvy public will be checking up on reputations of vendors, and where better to come than what must be the number 1 resource for UK pedelecers, this forum.

I don't think I have ever said anything positive about them other than I liked the look of of the Integrale 8. Fortunately I found out about the horror that is the Impulse 2 motor before it was too late.

Whilst they can't be blamed for the manufacturing defects of the Impulse 2 motor, they have done themselves no favours with their "service". Knowing that the motor had problems, they still tried to sell both my partner and I Impulse 2 motored bikes. That was unethical behaviour at the least, especially when rider age and fitness, typical journeys and terrain were laid out before them.

Each time a new post pops up about them here it further damages their reputation. Insulting the forum users won't help their case.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
And more negativity from you, in response to a mention that 50ccyles weren't advertising in this site, on 17th September 2016 you posted this:

"Is it because it's too embarrassing having a presence on the forum at the moment? I guess I feel sort of sorry for them because the problem isn't really their fault."

And there's this post:

"I'm sure that if you asked 50cycles about the reprogramming before you bought the bike, you could come to a satisfactory arrangement about the warranty. I guess that they wouldn't want to publish anything about reprogramming or what they allow or don't allow. - best kept between you and them if you don't want to spoil it for everyone."

And this:

"Why not just get a new battery for your bike. They're not that expensive for the new copy ones, which IIRC even 50Cycles sell."

And this:

"Don't forget about all the EN15194 compliant (sort of) bikes that have LCDs where you can re-program the speed limit in the LCD, which is a fair proportion of bikes sold in UK, and then there's those with a pair of wires that you can unplug. Nobody seems to be complaining about that, so leave 50cycles alone, nearly everybody's doing it because that's what many customers want."

And this:

"50Cycles should have a fair range in Loughborough.
Derbyshire is a big place. Where exactly are you?"

And this:

"The Focus something or other from 50Cycles looked very promising, but I didn't get a chance to try it. It has an inverted impulse motor."

And this:

i didn't find much inspiring apart from the 350w Bosch from 50Cycles. It had very good power and was quite nice to ride.

And this:

"The problem with the crank-drives is finding them in stock, but 50Cycles have got some on discount at the moment, and they're giving additional discount to forum members if you ask."

You really must stop these relentless attacks on 50cycles. :D
Since tapatalk got an update a few days back I cannot like posts anymore

But I do love this- properly researched and presented evidence !

Reactions: Tallbiker and flecc

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
This is what i posted on the deleted thread:-

PM they’ve sent you is unprofessional however I sort of understand where Scott is coming from.

As far as I can make out almost everyone in the e-bike business in the UK are small traders, family owned companies etc. & probably, based on my experience of small businesses, most of them are working extremely hard, long days, weekends etc. to make ends meet. With this in mind I can understand that it may hurt when they read some of the attacks that are made of them on here & on the internet generally.

Not defending the way it’s been put across & it looks like Scott is having a bad day.

Since tapatalk got an update a few days back I cannot like posts anymore

But I do love this- properly researched and presented evidence !
Same issue with Taptalk here Kirstin, would like the like button back too.

In it's absence I shall have to type 'Agree' and 'Like'.

I read the letter earlier before removed by moderator and it didn't make for pleasant reading.

The above responses copied from old threads make it seem even more unfair / disappointing.

Is there more to this, or were people perhaps just having a bad day.

Sent from here to there with computer wizardry.

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
This is what i posted on the deleted thread:-

PM they’ve sent you is unprofessional however I sort of understand where Scott is coming from.

As far as I can make out almost everyone in the e-bike business in the UK are small traders, family owned companies etc. & probably, based on my experience of small businesses, most of them are working extremely hard, long days, weekends etc. to make ends meet. With this in mind I can understand that it may hurt when they read some of the attacks that are made of them on here & on the internet generally.

Not defending the way it’s been put across & it looks like Scott is having a bad day.

It is dangerous to speculate on the motivation of the 50cycles authored message. I did scan it before it was removed. Some of these posts have suggested drunkenness, others impending financial meltdown for that company . These are libelous comments.
Let the facts speak for themselves. ( or alternative facts if that is you wont)..
Fleecs review is more eloquent than unsubstantiated opinions.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom Rae

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Some of these posts have suggested drunkenness, others impending financial meltdown for that company . These are libelous comments.
Let the facts speak for themselves.
One post suggested drunkenness (said in jest no doubt) and no-one mentioned financial breakdown that I can perceive, after reading and re-reading this thread:rolleyes:...please let the facts speak for themselves and stop turning this thread into another farcical Brexit one;)

Reactions: IR772
Status
Not open for further replies.