Introducing the Woosh Faro

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Hi reading newbie like you i eagerly await delivery of my new faro. Rubber bar ends for hand comfort, zefal 45 strapless toe cage, position the foot on the pedal in just the right place for efficient circular motion. Mine will run light removing rear rack, kick stand, bottle cage, and mudguards (replaced in wet weather) Will give the stock seat, seat post, front forks at least a months trial before judging performance. If any need changing will probably opt for lighter carbon variations of these components. Your bike will be just that, Your bike add, replace, alter what ever You choose. Am riding an unassisted road bike, trying to build up speed, efficiency etc But it’s hard work. Roll on 11th June and I will review so patience is a virtue, or so they say.

Reading newbie

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 17, 2020
Hi reading newbie like you i eagerly await delivery of my new faro. Rubber bar ends for hand comfort, zefal 45 strapless toe cage, position the foot on the pedal in just the right place for efficient circular motion. Mine will run light removing rear rack, kick stand, bottle cage, and mudguards (replaced in wet weather) Will give the stock seat, seat post, front forks at least a months trial before judging performance. If any need changing will probably opt for lighter carbon variations of these components. Your bike will be just that, Your bike add, replace, alter what ever You choose. Am riding an unassisted road bike, trying to build up speed, efficiency etc But it’s hard work. Roll on 11th June and I will review so patience is a virtue, or so they say.
Nice to meet you atlav!
They both sound like good ideas and I’m keen to do something with the bars particularly too. What is the product you’re looking at, it might give me some inspiration? I hadn’t considered the toe cage but am already thinking about it now!!
The other ancillaries you mention I think I’m likely to leave on as I know once I’ve taken them off there’s a good chance I won’t remember/ be bothered to put them on again!

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Ergon are the best known grips / bar ends, I’ve got these ones

They also do GP3 with shorter ends for about £20 less.

If you just want bar ends without the grips, these look good

Cane Creek are also a popular brand

Reading newbie

May 17, 2020
Ergon are the best known grips / bar ends, I’ve got these ones

They also do GP3 with shorter ends for about £20 less.

If you just want bar ends without the grips, these look good

Cane Creek are also a popular brand
Yup think I’m sold on those already, good man I’ve been trying to find something for the bar ends!!!!!

thanks so much Jonah!

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Hi the bar ends I have are the sjsc ergo type highlighted by Jonah, pinched off one of the son-in-law’s old mtbs, as are the toe cages. I know what you mean about the ancillaries already attached, all very useful if required. My biggest alteration will probably be the tyres, initially i intended to change to 32c marathon plus straight away when assembling the bike. Having seen what these retail at (and weigh) I have some slime left so will inject inner tubes and give the 28c every chance to perform. This waiting for delivery is great isn’t it NOT.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
On a bike like this tyres make a huge difference. For comfort, grip and low rolling resistance I use these ...
Schwalbe G-One AllRound RaceGuard Dual Performance Folding Gravel Road Tyre 700x38c

If puncture resistance is main priority Marathon Plus will be better but they aren’t as good in other respects.

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Cheers Jonah, Tony said 32c were the max the faro could fit. Initially I intended to switch straight from 28c to cx type 32c but like I said I’ll give the slimed detonators a good try out. Mainly due to finance but also the cycle tracks I use are compact gravel type in quite good Nic and those would only be 20% of the overall ride. The rest on tarmac B roads. Thanks for your imput.

Reading newbie

May 17, 2020
Cheers Jonah, Tony said 32c were the max the faro could fit. Initially I intended to switch straight from 28c to cx type 32c but like I said I’ll give the slimed detonators a good try out. Mainly due to finance but also the cycle tracks I use are compact gravel type in quite good Nic and those would only be 20% of the overall ride. The rest on tarmac B roads. Thanks for your imput.
So I’ve ordered my GP5’s just as they seems to go out of stock everywhere- you’ve clearly set a trend Jonah! And like you Atlav I’m going to hang on regarding the tyres until the bike gets here.

next on the list is lights and locks......

does anyone have any experience of Litelok and any thoughts they want to share?

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Hi Reading. Hatti rang Tuesday to say the faro was being built on Wednesday, so hopefully things are moving as planned and the bike will be winging its way north posthaste.

Reading newbie

May 17, 2020
Hi Reading. Hatti rang Tuesday to say the faro was being built on Wednesday, so hopefully things are moving as planned and the bike will be winging its way north posthaste.
Fingers crossed!!!!

I’ve just contacted them to check the seatpost detail (further up the thread) but looking forward to comparing notes once they arrive!