is this kit ok ?

D

Deleted member 4366

Have you any information on the pswpower batteries with "made in China" cells d8veh? They are very tempting...
Whenever I've bought batteries with unbranded cells, their performance and life have been much less than ones with branded ones - maybe in proportion to cost, so it probably ends up even-Stevens. You must make sure that it can give the discharge rate that you need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Chinese cells don't stand up as well against abuse, drawing more power than they are designed for, but if you respect the 1.5C rule, they last just as well as branded cells. 4 year service life is common.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Reactions: Ross_Dr

Ross_Dr

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2017
Southampton
Thanks! to me it looks alright to be honest, i would still say its slightly older technology but it seems like it will do the job you need it to, it seems like it coming from what looks like a fairly reputable dealer but just be wary that the cells may not be as durable as some of the better known brands so may not last as long as others as in before they start to not give you as much mileage as they used to, and also you will need to make sure you but a 36V battery not the 48V one you have sent in the link as that wont work with the system you have. you see the two wires that are coming off of the battery holder on that battery? do you have connections like those on the controller of your kit?

Ross

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Battery connections aren't an issue as it's fairly easy to swap them/solder different ones on, though bullets are quite common on kits.
The China celled battery has the unknown quantity of cell amp rating probably at best max 5a possibly less, even the the poor old Samsung 22fF & 26F were only 4.4a & 5a rated respectively.
On ebay via Germany their is a (£249) 17ah LG celled dolphin pack for low draw set ups using 18650 F1L cells of about 4.8a, similar discharge to the Sams.

Reactions: Ross_Dr