Kit fitting

pea

Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2012
I'm wondering if keeping the myka as it is and getting a bike all ready just to go for work would be the better option.

Seen three I like, one has a 20 inch frame so that's ruled that one out, have to see if I can find any reviews on the other two. Bikes for folk with short legs seem to be in short supply ;)

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
18" frames are OK for 5ft 2 if you have a low profile seat post and saddle. If you are worried about the high cross bar, why not look at a low step? They are much more comfortable with their sit back position.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the Sahara has 700C wheels (29"), too big for you.
the Santana CD has 26" wheels.

pea

Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2012
the Sahara has 700C wheels (29"), too big for you.
the Santana CD has 26" wheels.

Hi thanks for that. I've emailed woosh to try and find out if the bike would be suitable, on one hand it says.......
We have two wheel sizes, standard 26" wheels to suit riders between 5ft3 to 6ft and larger CDL 28" wheels for taller riders, 5ft10 upwards.

Further down the page it says.........
  • 18″ frame, 26″ wheels, suitable for average riders (5′ 5″ to 6′)
Pea

pea

Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2012
Yes but what it says is the 26 wheels for 5ft3 riders but further down says 26 wheels suitable for riders 5ft 5. It's got me a bit confused, not that that takes much doing, :)

Just noticed that the sport says for riders 5ft5, would changing the seat post actually bring that down?

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Pea,
the Sport TS and CD have the same frame, saddle height from the ground can be adjusted to suit 5ft 3 to 6ft but optimally for 5ft 5.
These two bikes are about the same size as your Myka.
You use the Myka seat post and saddle on either to keep to your normal ride setting. The sprung seat post supplied with the TS/CD makes the saddle too high for you (84cm), you need to have a low profile like the one on the Myka to bring it down to around 81cm from the ground.
The same applies to the Santana CD, supplied with the same seat post,

Last edited:

pea

Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2012
Pea,
the Sport TS and CD have the same frame, saddle height from the ground can be adjusted to suit 5ft 3 to 6ft but optimally for 5ft 5.
These two bikes are about the same size as your Myka.
You use the Myka seat post and saddle on either to keep to your normal ride setting.
Thanks for that, when I emailed woosh about the sirocco they said the seat post couldn't come down any further because of the battery rack,so I didn't really look at the sport ones thinking they'd be the same, only now that I've looked at them I've realised they're bottle batteries so the post will go down further :D