Kt-lcd9 display

Bikernun

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2020
Hi all I have just converted my carrera hybrid in to a rear hub drive I have a kt-lcd9 display with thumb throttle purchased with controller and pas my problem is there is a white wire coming of display it is separate from 5 wire plug and no idea where it goes and I can't find any parameters settings anywhere pas is okay but would like to use throttle once in a while I have zero experience in wiring so any help would be much appreciated

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Show us a pic of the kt9 wiring.
I have seen on TBK there is a white throttle wire to a separate connector but the pic isn't clear.
For PAS you have to let us know which PAS sensor designation/type is used.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not the pics I wanted.
We need a pic of the KT9 and the white wire and a pic of the PAS.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The lcd9 I have only seen a pic with 6 wire connector not seen one like yours.
With all throttles the White wire is called the throttle wire aka the signal wire, I don't know why they have short/looped the power line.
It appears to me although the lcd9 has a throttle the option on your model is disabled as there is no sixth white wire from the lcd wiring.

As for the PAS C1 value should be 1,2 or depending on the magnet count, if it doesn't work try back pedalling to see if it works.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A link to the kit you bought ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I can only think it is a customer custom option so that it is legal for EU bikes.

Bikernun

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2020
Thank you so much for your so does this mean I need to buy new display and throttle sorry for the questions like I said I'm a total newbie

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You will ned to contact the seller first, I've not seen that type of odd wiring set up before.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
You're showing us a picture of the KT controller's display connector. The pink loop is where some people wire in an ignition key. Can't figure out why you have a display connector with a white wire hanging off it. The display connector is only 5 wires.

Since this is all one kit, all the parts should fit. The LCD display cable should have 5 pins, as shown in the middle of the ebay ad picture.

The throttle is shown in the lower right of the same picture, Three wire connector. The PAS sensor is right above it. Also three wires. Apparently they want you to put the wires in the throttle connector. Maybe you got them wrong.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The KT9 on the GBK page has a proper 6 wire jst connector with the throttle connected.
kunteng kt lcd9 color display with intergrated thumb accelerator/throttle for 24v/36v/48v ebike-Greenbikekit.com online store for e-bike battery, Bafang motor parts, e-bike kit-GreenBikeKit.com

Normal lcd's without a throttle are 5 wires, Red = voltage, Black = Gnd, Tx/Rx = data Green/Yellow and blue switch voltage. With the integrated throttle & lcd the voltage & Gnd are already supplied so only the White signal wire is needed as extra.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Why folks don't ask first before making a purchase I don't know, as kt although mostly all compatible there are some weird component parts out there.
For instance TBK sell the KT9 in a different guise, it has the throttle white wire on separate wire and connector from the lcd and not the controller loom.

One shouldn't buy a kit and need to faff about with adding wires etc ,etc.
But the right components and all will work, no need for these extra or missing bits.

Last edited:

Bikernun

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2020
Thanks for your reply before I purchased the kit I asked seller if this will be plug and play and would I need to do anything else to get up and running and he said no everything will just plug in and away you gou so on that I purchased the kit which is 2 weeks ago and seller is not responding that's why I'm reaching out to to people who have knowledge of this stuff so can you tell me where the white wire has to go or do I need a new kit Thanks again for all your help

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Some thing is not right if the seller is not answering, they are keen enough to take your money though. Afaict the kit isn't correct or plug and play.
Consider a refund via ebay or your card supplier as it isn't correct.
First make a couple of attempts via ebay to contact the seller and then when they don't reply open a dispute, ebay should intervene on your part. They will give them 10 days or so to reply and if no reply forthcoming should issue a full refund.

Then buy another KT kit we know will work, generally most of us use AliExp or direct to a vendors website, one shouldn't need to buy anything extra because the product isn't working as it should do, over and above what you have.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
Ah, I missed the fact that the LCD9 has a built in throttle! Smart to look it up, Neath!

Let's say that KT throttle still uses a analog signal of 1.4V to 4.3V as a throttle signal.

Find the three pin plug with the black, red, and blue wire on the controller. Put a voltmeter on the dangling white wire, using the black wire on this plug as the ground. Rotate the throttle, see if voltage moves from 1V to 4V.

If it does, that white wire can be routed to the blue input on that plug,

Bikernun

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2020
Thanks neath your help has been much appreciated I have just got a reply from seller and he said the same as you minus checking the voltage which I have done but no volts connected white to blue and still nothing I know I sound desperate but this is me getting some freedom back after an accident and e bike is the thing helping me back in the saddle so having a throttle will really help thank you again for all your help.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The LCD9 needs a white signal wire from the throttle, the signal wire provide approx. a 1v signal when open to work correctly. It won't work by connecting to Blue as this is usually the SOC charge supply and the Red is the 5v.
As I mentioned I haven't seen this wire before with a kt lcd and usually tell folks to stick with either lcd 3 or lcd4 for ease of use and simply use a separate thumb throttle if needed.