Ladies lightweight ?

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
D8veh's mention of curved forks made me check the missus' Powabyke X6 - As I thought, curved forks.

rps20130107_200333_842.jpg

It's a nice ride - very Mary Poppins and doesn't feel at all heavy. If you could find a 2nd hand one it'd be worth a try. Main disadvantage is the small battery, but plenty of room to put one on the rack.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
and it will be nice to ride...

D

Deleted member 4366

This option isn't so light Brelades, but it can't fall over and the price is right. Could it solve your problem?:

Link to option
IMHO not a good suggestion this time. I don't know whether you meant it seriously. OP's wife already rides a bicycle, so thefirst corner she comes to she'll turn the handlebars the wrong way and roll it - probably breaking a shoulder in the process.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
and as they primarily ride on trails..maybe not, could not se myself getting on with one it would be a nighmare and probably why they are selling after riding it twice...

another thing is it a proper kalkhoff trike or made up from a rear axle trike conversion kit....

Last edited:

Brelades

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 23, 2012
After viewing all the above suggestions and spending hours on line, I think it could be worth going to Southampton for a look and test of the E-Tourer Pro Rider. Weighs 18k., has rear disc brake, 36v. 10 amp battery, costs £579, and the ad. says the RRP is £1500....a claim I find surprising....
They also do a folder for similar money, so my Boss can see if she prefers that.
Your comments, especially if you have one of these models, would be very interesting.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
IMHO not a good suggestion this time. I don't know whether you meant it seriously. OP's wife already rides a bicycle, so thefirst corner she comes to she'll turn the handlebars the wrong way and roll it - probably breaking a shoulder in the process.
Yes, it was serious, the intended rider is over 70. Although they have to be adapted to, many elderly people have switched from bikes to trikes and have successfully re-learnt their cornering technique. Indeed it's probably the largest market for upright trikes, very few younger riders on them.

Brelades

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 23, 2012
Appreciate the thought of a three wheeler, but our bikes hang on the back of our motorhome.
We take the batteries off and have built a hangmans scaffold on the roof of the motorhome with a pulley system to hoick up the bikes onto the rack.
My Tonaro is around the 28k. mark, too heavy for me to lift that high.
Batteries are re-charged whilst driving.
Normally spend an Autumn and a Spring month touring mainly in France.
Such a pleasure to have motorists treat cyclists with respect.
In Holland, we even found many roundabouts actually gave us priority over motor traffic !
And frequently there are so many wide well-maintained cycle tracks. Makes coming back to the UK like entering a third world country where road courtesy is concerned.