Latest rear wheel conversion kit from Cyclotricity

D

Deleted member 4366

Couple of torque arms required I think. Are the Cycleeze still the ones to go for?
The Ezee ones will be perfect, and you can get them quickly. Don't use the jubilee clips to hold them though. You need the tie-bar to be properly anchored. Make your own tie-bar if you have to. You only need to drill two holes in a piece of mild steel. Like this on the brake side, but you'll have to use a bit of imagination on the other side:

C

Cyclezee

The Ezee ones will be perfect, and you can get them quickly. Don't use the jubilee clips to hold them though. You need the tie-bar to be properly anchored. Make your own tie-bar if you have to. You only need to drill two holes in a piece of mild steel. Like this on the brake side, but you'll have to use a bit of imagination on the other side:

Minor correction, we no longer stock eZee torque plates, we supply Cyclezee's own which are stronger and manufactured in the UK,.

They are readily available on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261517364348?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649 and Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Torque-Plates-Electric-Bicycles-Pedelecs/dp/B00JZ2IST4

ray74

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2013
Would anyone know the nm torque of both the 1000w and 500w and also what rpm I might expect? I emailed cyclotricity but they haven't come back to me yet. The only reason I ask is because my 250w maxes out at 22mph with no load but will carry me at 18/19mph with no pedaling on a full battery. I would of thought the 500w would be a little faster due to having more torque.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
direct drive motors have high speed but do not have high torque.
If you want torque, buy Ezee, BPM or crank drives.

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
Depends on the motor wind and the controller current limit.
A similar one on ebay states 35nm and 35 kph on 36v at 500w, but it could be totally different.

CardiffMark

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 3, 2014
Thanks for all that info d8veh. Wouldn't have thought about widening the frame. Scared it may have snapped.
I have ordered 2 torque arms from Cycleeze via amazon. If Cycleeze could give them a hurry up it would be appreciated.......
Unfortunately the build is now on hold until Monday as I need to fix a leaking flat roof over the weekend. Boo. Can't do much until the torque arms arrive anyway. Enjoy your bikes while the sun is shining.

C

Cyclezee

Thanks for all that info d8veh. Wouldn't have thought about widening the frame. Scared it may have snapped.
I have ordered 2 torque arms from Cycleeze via amazon. If Cycleeze could give them a hurry up it would be appreciated.......
Unfortunately the build is now on hold until Monday as I need to fix a leaking flat roof over the weekend. Boo. Can't do much until the torque arms arrive anyway. Enjoy your bikes while the sun is shining.
Hi Mark,

I'm in London this evening, order received at
21.58 and they will be sent by 1st class post tomorrow. ;)

C

Cyclezee

Hi Mark,

Got back from London just after 1.30 am this morning, train crawling along at 50 mph, Virgin on the ridiculous, then a Pearl Jam fan jam at CMK station following their concert at MK Bowl, a mile long queue for taxis, got into bed at 2 am, up at 6, processed order, torque plate sets in the post, the rest is down to Royal Mail.
Now off to work;)

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Hi Mark,

Got back from London just after 1.30 am this morning, train crawling along at 50 mph, Virgin on the ridiculous, then a Pearl Jam fan jam at CMK station following their concert at MK Bowl, a mile long queue for taxis, got into bed at 2 am, up at 6, processed order, torque plate sets in the post, the rest is down to Royal Mail.
Now off to work;)
That's the trouble with you independent dealers - no commitment! :eek:
Excellent service :)

CardiffMark

Jul 3, 2014
Hi Mark,

Now off to work;)
What can I say. Amazon confirm items dispatched. Thanks again.

CardiffMark

Jul 3, 2014
Torque arms arrived today. Excellent quality. Actually managed to fit them to both sides of bike without much difficulty.
Quickly connected up the battery, controller, LCD and throttle with the bike upside down for a quick systems check. Worked straight away. Full throttle indicated 61 kph, 38 mph. Haven't set the wheel size or other paramaters in the LCD yet so bit meaningless. Now I know it all appears to be working, will get the most puncture proof tyre and tube I can because I don't feel like dismantling the back end including torque arms etc in the middle of nowhere in the rain.
Anyone got any recommendations for a really good puncture resistant tyre and tube please.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Mark,

For puncture resistance Schwalbe Marathon Plus are regarded as the best.

Phil T

Jul 9, 2014
Milton Keynes
Evening All,

Well, after two days of enjoyable if a little challenging work my new bike, which I'm calling Green Machine is finished.
As a complete novice I found the rear wheel fit a little challenging..I didn't expect to have to change the freewheel and the one from the original wheel was not a screw on type.

A suitable unit was sourced and fitted..and after a little messing with the rear disc it all fitted fine.

A big thanks to Cyclezee for supplying the torque arm and much helpful advice..sorry for disturbing you at home!

I've now set the LCD controller up..can anyone advise if setting the speed to max fully de restricts the motor?

On the first test ride I was a little disappointed with its hill climbing but it does have my not inconsiderable 18 stone bulk to carry around..on the flat it flys along nicely!

More to follow when I've done a few more miles.

Cheers,

Phil.

image.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

baldylox

Pedelecer
May 25, 2012
Hants/Wilts border
Nice looking build Phil, no torque arms though... Will this be an issue I wonder.
How is it down under? :p

Phil T

Jul 9, 2014
Milton Keynes
Is there a problem with my photos gents?

First time I've downloaded any..they are right way up according to my I Pad but I did notice the thumbnails were upside down...

Torque arm on the offside if you look closely..

C

Cyclezee

Is there a problem with my photos gents?

First time I've downloaded any..they are right way up according to my I Pad but I did notice the thumbnails were upside down...

Torque arm on the offside if you look closely..
Hi Phil,

The photo doesn't show what the torque plate is secured to in order to prevent rotation, did you just use the part with the axle slot?