LEF ebike/microcar

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
clear or nearly transparent solar panels (TPVs) lets you use them on glass, higher yield, 25%+ improves collection. The technology is here.
Gallium arsenide instead of silicon lets you halve the area, but at the cost of a kidney!

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Rather like Sinclair's X1, that Podbike been taking pre-orders and teasing. I wonder how that lovely bodywork will look, after trundling into this and rolling over? Microcars and fully enclosed pedelecs for British roads, need SUV-like suspension!

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Now I'm half expecting @billyboya starting a thread saying his Podbike has a motor problem o_O
Wow you guessed my post my podbike has a motor problem LOL.

I still have my Erider Model 15 electric moped minus a battery, But cant seem to sell as spares, so was wondering if anyone knows of a web site for a good cheap 48V battery for it. maybe I would sell it ok then. But trouble is I would be losing out as last battery only lasted 8 months from Aliexpress who didnt want to know about a refund. it cost me about £180 plus moped cost me £350 so cant see me getting much for it anyway even with another battery as I would be selling it at a loss but have to try something its now cost me £530 so say another battery well cant see anyone buying it for over £600

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

I still have my Erider Model 15 electric moped minus a battery, But cant seem to sell as spares, so was wondering if anyone knows of a web site for a good cheap 48V battery for it. maybe I would sell it ok then. But trouble is I would be losing out as last battery only lasted 8 months from Aliexpress who didnt want to know about a refund. it cost me about £180 plus moped cost me £350 so cant see me getting much for it anyway even with another battery as I would be selling it at a loss but have to try something its now cost me £530 so say another battery well cant see anyone buying it for over £600
Many of us have long been telling you to to cut your losses.

You should have scrapped the e-rider straight after buying it and taken the £350 loss. Now you've grown that to £530 loss, so please accept that and write it off to experience. Whatever you do, don't spend more to make that loss even greater.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh and esuark

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I would second that Flecc, you will end up with a gambler syndrome and someone who thinks they can get even or even come out ahead.

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I would second that Flecc, you will end up with a gambler syndrome and someone who thinks they can get even or even come out ahead.
Many of us have long been telling you to to cut your losses.

You should have scrapped the e-rider straight after buying it and taken the £350 loss. Now you've grown that to £530 loss, so please accept that and write it off to experience. Whatever you do, don't spend more to make that loss even greater.
Yes you both correct. It’s just that fact no one seems to want it for spares. Will leave it for a while then try advertising it again. Thanks again both of you

happy new 2023

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
:D

If it doesn't sell as is, your only hope of getting any money back at all over ten years or so, may be breaking it into tiny parts and selling those individually? Otherwise throw it in the bin/recycle, chalk it up to experience with learnings along the way about electrickery, motor windings and the like. Some losses are dead losses. :(

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
EVs are too big and heavy! :mad: Every other passing damned car on the road is a SUV! And it's the fastest growing market segment. :mad:

Fat EVs may cause 'more death on our roads' – watchdog
Is there a weight watchers for Hummers?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If EVs were wirelessly pulse charged from under roads, they could become lighter.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
If vehicle permissible speeds were based on permissible kinetic energy, then the desire for speed would become downward pressure on vehicle weight, which then requires a smaller, lighter battery, which costs less.

For freight, there would be pressure to use optimal vehicle and mode, which would favour rail for longer journey legs, which is easier to electrify than kitties. Lorries, actually, but autocomplete / spell check is sometimes too funny to correct.

Limiting kinetic energy limits the energy dissipated in a collision, which allows safety to be maintained using a less strong structure, which weighs less, which needs less energy to move around, which needs a less powerful motor and a smaller battery, and so less weight.

And so sustainable transport was solved.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
rail for longer journey legs, which is easier to electrify than kitties.
I think we have both extremes: a poorly kitty that has become very lightweight, and a trainline at the end of the garden. The line is electrified, though still lots of diesel; we haven't tried electrifying the kitty.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
we haven't tried electrifying the kitty.
Is an electrified cat faster than a stabbed rat? Tune into The Grand Tour next week to find out...

we have both extremes: a poorly kitty that has become very lightweight
What's your kitty poorly with? Cat flu is rife this time of year of course, destroys appetite - a huge warning sign is if they stop drinking, means it's much much more likely to die - cats prefer to get hydrated via food, which is a problem: I got a cat fountain for mine, which they ignored until they were near death's door. They get infected fscking, fighting and overlaying territorial scent markings with their own using glands on their faces. Also cold temperatures experienced engaging in the former, worsens resident infections.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Tesla cuts car prices "to reverse slowdown in sales":

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
What's your kitty poorly with?
Bowel issues, almost certainly cancer but the scans can't prove that for sure. Operation might extend his life a few months, but is likely to be uncomfortable. He seems comfortable most of the time at the moment and still purrs a lot. He's on very low steroids to help keep his weight up a bit, and the vet mentioned some other benefit that I must admit I have forgotten.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Bowel issues, almost certainly cancer but the scans can't prove that for sure. Operation might extend his life a few months, but is likely to be uncomfortable. He seems comfortable most of the time at the moment and still purrs a lot. He's on very low steroids to help keep his weight up a bit, and the vet mentioned some other benefit that I must admit I have forgotten.
My 15 year old developed a very large lump in his bowels, which could clearly be felt - they refused to operate, said nobody would... and if they confirmed it was cancer during an op, they would be obliged to put him down - at that age, there was little chance of recovery after such a big operation. Pleural effusion was the reason for taking him to the vet, his heart gave out, many cats are predisposed to heart problems genetically - thyroid issues can herald that and other problems; including kidney issues, due to inadeqaute blood supply because of heart problems.

Best keep your cat indoors, as they very often run away from home when they feel they're close to death.