Lets Discuss an Ebike friendly sticker campaign........

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
GREEN is better

Two more I made, bright green is nicer than yellow?

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
I'm all for going fast! .... but I would like to have some more input from other members ...I would suggest at least a 2 week period of contemplation?
Ok Alan whatever you think best, maybe when we feel we have enough suggestions in the hat and sufficiently different, we can then take a vote once the thread gets enough interest.

If I take on the responsibility of registering the domain and setting up the website it will be on the understanding its a joint effort and I won't own the domain, it will be registered in the name of the site. Likewise for the site, it will be a joint effort and anyone can take over the running over it or help contribute.

I'm happy to volunteer my time and just take the cost of the domain name from any donations we receive.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Ok Alan whatever you think best, maybe when we feel we have enough suggestions in the hat and sufficiently different, we can then take a vote once the thread gets enough interest.

If I take on the responsibility of registering the domain and setting up the website it will be on the understanding its a joint effort and I won't own the domain, it will be registered in the name of the site. Likewise for the site, it will be a joint effort and anyone can take over the running over it or help contribute.

I'm happy to volunteer my time and just take the cost of the domain name from any donations we receive.
That sounds sensible to me......:)

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
You guys and other volunteers will have to do the "out and about" promoting side as I'm the shy retiring type who prefers to remain behind the scenes doing the technical stuff :p I will try and do what I can to promote it locally tho. Once the website is setup someone in each area could write to their local newspapers see if they will pick up the story and that would be free advertising? Also if we get enough donations we could maybe get a few t-shirts printed with the logo on (or some variation of it) and perhaps some business cards or small flyers promoting the scheme/site for people who want to go around actively trying to sign up places to the scheme? Wouldn't cost very much and might have a nice professional impact. Just thinking ahead a bit.. obviously got to get the name and site done first, but I think this project has a lot of potential don't you think?

Last edited:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
You guys will have to do the "out and about" promoting side as I'm the shy retiring type who prefers to remain behind the scenes doing the technical stuff :p If we get enough donations we could maybe a few t-shirts printed with the logo on or some variation of it? Wouldn't cost very much.
I'm quite happy with that.....I dont think I am TOO shy or retiring.......and Im no good at the tech stuff..........to each their own :D

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Two more I made, bright green is nicer than yellow?

I prefer CYCLE CHARGE POINT to PEDELEC CHARGE POINT ....

also .. in the highway code a triangle means WARNING doesn't it? ,, better go with the circle?

how about BIKE CHARGE POINT, or LEV CHARGE POINT or just CHARGE POINT or just CHARGING POST ... as ALL electric vehicles need charging...

Last edited:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Good points Alan.......also, part of the advantage of this scheme is to make the general public more aware of electric bikes......cycle is a word they know...lol......pedelecs......no way.....

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Hope we get more input from other members soon......
this is starting to feel a bit like the Marie Celeste :D

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Tourist Boards, Local Tourist Offices in towns etc ... imagine you cycle into town in need of a charge. You going to have to do something for the hour or two or three or four that it its going to take ....that something is likely to involve spending money on something in that town. This could range from a cup of coffee to a bag full of wool from the local wool shop! ....

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Electric car approaches to signs..

This is very clever, something like that with a bicycle would look good.

I like this combined E and C logo from Nissan, but it's more like a commercial trademark.

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
I prefer CYCLE CHARGE POINT to PEDELEC CHARGE POINT ....

also .. in the highway code a triangle means WARNING doesn't it? ,, better go with the circle?

how about BIKE CHARGE POINT, or LEV CHARGE POINT or just CHARGE POINT or just CHARGING POST ... as ALL electric vehicles need charging...
Agreed Cycle probably makes much more sense as most people have no clue what pedelec means outside of the industry and forum :)

Good point about the triangle it usually means caution. Perhaps stick with the circle then or a rounded square maybe.

I like how you're thinking longer term and broader scope Alan.. electric is likely to play a prominent role in the future of transport after all as the technology improves. a generic term like charge point or charging post makes sense.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Second one looks fantastic.....

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
perhaps we should get a Trandem and cycle round the country like "the goodies" promoting ... Morphix (Graeme Garden) , me (Tim Brooke-Tailor ) and funkylyn (Bill Oddie! ) lol ...

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Hehe yeah it's an exciting idea that seems to fill a real need.. I guess I will sit back now for a bit and see if others agree and hopefully some discussion will start. I wonder how many ebike owners there are now in the UK? Perhaps someone can advise us on the size of the industry and give us some idea of where the most need for charge points in country is likely to be?

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Last edited:

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
perhaps we should get a Trandem and cycle round the country like "the goodies" promoting ... Morphix (Graeme Garden) , me (Tim Brooke-Tailor ) and funkylyn (Bill Oddie! ) lol ...
Haha now there's a thought!

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
You have another person on board.
I think the top green logo looks very good.
At the moment, the uptake is going to be rather slow, i didn't see many folks giving their 'charging away from home' experiences in my other thread. That believes me to think that many ebikers charge at home and do not venture to far away from their regular supply point.
That in itself shouldn't be a distraction, as you said from little acorns etc etc. I can't offer any expertise on this other than contributing to the costs and also giving out stickers to businesses. The domain idea is good, it should help people who fancy a longer trip and want to check whether a charging point is available. There already a lot to disgest and i'm at work atm so i should get off this pc now:0)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Now you have really upset me Alan.......BILL ODDIE........oh NO.....well, a bit odd maybe :)

So, yes, lets sit back now and wait for more input......I think we have put enough ideas forward to promote some sort of further discussion from other forum members.

Lynda :)