• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Not sure if anyone ordered the bangood light. I just got an email saying I'll have mine in 2 weeks

I shall report back once setup and tested

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I guess you pay for what you get ;)
This 2500 lumen light... We call it the day-light.. because it can light up the pavement outside brighter than the sun..

Ever been driving along and seen something coming towards you and thought what the f**k is that??!! This is THAT.

Martin
At least you will get a good view of the dazzled motorist in the second before he catapults you into the after life.

steve.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2011
Exeter Devon
Hi.Back on lights and now the Nights & the Mornings are getting darker I did this to my Freego Eagles saddle bags and it really shows up in the dark and people in cars have commented on it while passing !!! its EL wire and runs off 2 AA battery's and about 3 pound from ebay. Or if you haven't gotPanniers you could put them down your frame !!!!!!!.
Steve.image.jpg

D

Deleted member 4366

If you want to be seen, get one of these jackets. There's a very bright back light on the bike, but it's totally swamped by the jacket. In fact you don't even need lights when you wear one of those jackets:

Reactions: steve.c

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
My backpack, which I always wear when on the road, wears a small/medium hi-viz vest.

Last edited:

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
If you want to be seen, get one of these jackets. There's a very bright back light on the bike, but it's totally swamped by the jacket. In fact you don't even need lights when you wear one of those jackets:

Except that is only the case if the car approaching has main beams on. The increasing effectiveness of the cutoff on dipped beam with projector headlights means there's not much light up above the cutoff to reflect back. Doesn't stop me trying mind, but I think I'm going to clip reflectors onto my SPD pedals this winter!

Michael

D

Deleted member 4366

Looks like my Hi Viz jacket which I sometimes wear in the winter but it makes me to hot ??.
They're great for those really cold winter days. Forget expensive bike gear. Even in sub-zero temperatures, I have to unzip mine a bit to cool down.

D

Deleted member 4366

Except that is only the case if the car approaching has main beams on. The increasing effectiveness of the cutoff on dipped beam with projector headlights means there's not much light up above the cutoff to reflect back. Doesn't stop me trying mind, but I think I'm going to clip reflectors onto my SPD pedals this winter!

Michael
They're very bright - even reflecting dipped beams and any other light about. You have to see one in the dark to believe it.

axolotl

Pedelecer
May 8, 2014
Hi Vis jackets are bright in car headlights but I'm not riding in a plastic sweat jacket.

axolotl

Pedelecer
May 8, 2014
I'm not concerned about that - they're not going to be made compulsory, and neither are helmets for that matter (although I do wear a helmet some of the time).

No, what concerns me is the inevitable victim blaming whenever a cyclist is serious injured or killed by a motorist.

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm not concerned about that - they're not going to be made compulsory, and neither are helmets for that matter (although I do wear a helmet some of the time).

No, what concerns me is the inevitable victim blaming whenever a cyclist is serious injured or killed by a motorist.
Yes. These jackets are like invisibility cloaks in the daytime, but if someone knocks you off at night time, they can hardly say, "I didn't see him", when your lying there so bright that people have to shade their eyes.