Lishui Bluetooth Controller, programming the easy way

glowmaster

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 15, 2017
us
so you leave the display hooked up but there will be a switch to turn from kingmeter to the super awesome software version? Garry couldnt get it to work until he unhooked the kingmeter.

glowmaster

Feb 15, 2017
us
Hi

I just had a wonderful ride on my FLX bike with the forerider controller and no Kingmeter. It worked very, very well. The bike was very smooth and I could control everything I need. I would like to report some bugs.

1) in crystal screen cant change odometer/tripA/tripB

2) speed seems OK but mileage is way off. I went 11miles and it measured 4.4

3) probably because of this the distance to empty was also way underestimated

4) error max speed of 45.8mph. I didn’t go that fast

5) that error in max speed affected the average speed.

I am going to keep using this as I really like it and hope you can find the small errors from these bugs and publish updated software.

I am happy to work with you to test and find bugs in this program going forward. It is really cool! Very, very cool.

The battery meter is much more stable than the kingmeter. This alone is worth it.

robwalley

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2012
Gloucester
I've recently got the colour controller DPC-14 and thought this woud be on it's way shortly whether it be bluetooth or USB(tricky). I am keen to try this out, well worth the smallish cost, however a couple of points.

I am signed up to OS for maps and routes, so will need to switch between apps now and again ( Windows apps side by side, Android...........) and both these apps running will kill the battery which is plugged into the colour display to maintain most of the charge, will need an alternative. Probably better to have dedicated 4/5 inch android tablet with GPS and no SIM/Data rather than use your own phone.

glowmaster

Feb 15, 2017
us
On my ride today on IOS I was easily switching between the Lishui software, Google maps and my GPS recording program. Two taps on the button and swipe to the program I want to see.

robwalley

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2012
Gloucester
I have a few of those bluetooth adapters in stock.
They are not listed on your website and not sure they work on BBS02 ?

emilx

Just Joined
Apr 6, 2017
Loxley
Really hope not to hijack the topic. We worked on a similar project and we launched it on Kickstarter. Too bad Linshui released their dongle in the same time frame, otherwise we would've focused our energy elsewhere.
Some competition doesn't hurt though, and if Linshui takes some inspiration from our functionality, not everything is lost after all.

This link is not for advertising purposes. Just pointing out there's alternative:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/608108780/eggrider-an-advanced-smartphone-app-to-control-you?ref=e30ixj
And our project is compatible with Bafang.
Cheers

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
looks a good system, especially now the Bafang motors are catered for.
I like the option to change to 25kms,
And having the App on the phone i can free up some space on the bars and pack it in here...

P1000416.JPG

only thing i notice is you need £10k inside 4 weeks, bit of an ask that?!
"This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Thu, May 4 2017 8:40 PM BST."

emilx

Just Joined
Apr 6, 2017
Loxley
yep, we agree, the target it's a bit unrealistic.
We'll need to continue small-batch manufacturing. It's a pain, but there is no other option.
Fixed the link btw.

Reactions: Woosh

emilx

Just Joined
Apr 6, 2017
Loxley
not trying to defend the goal, but there are a few expenses if you want to get serious:
- Bluetooth license: $5k as a startup, $8.5k as an established company
- EMC certification
- minimum quantity for mass production
Keeping a low profile on the other hand does not require any of the above

pragmaticjim

Mar 25, 2017
canada
paid version.jpg I installed the Android version on my Samsung Galaxy S7, and then used the in app purchase option to order the bluetooth adapter. When I hooked it up, everything went smoothly until I found that the Android version has key features disabled. I can not set the speed any higher than 25kph (16mph) for example. There is a message on the screen that says "Speed limit above 25km/h is only available with paid version"
There is no "paid version" available, so now I have paid $55 USD for something that is worthless.
*this is the Fore Rider app for the lishui controller*

Last edited:

pragmaticjim

Mar 25, 2017
canada
I contacted lishui last week after I got no result from my complaints through the Play Store and paypal, and they replied yesterday with a link to a version of the app that allows android devices to set the speed properly. Thank you lishui. I still however can not set the power ratios of the various PAS levels.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
they replied yesterday with a link to a version of the app that allows android devices to set the speed properly.
Could you post a link to this app please?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi Eirik,
We still have these bluetooth adapters in stock but they are not wired for the Bafang BBS01 but for Higu waterproof cableset that we use on our bikes. The 5-pin LCD socket is sufficiently similar to the Bafang LCD socket, you can push fit the Bafang LCD to it but the TX and RX pins are at the wrong locations - so they don't work unless you rewire it, which is very messy because there is not much cable length on those adapters.
Result: the C961/C965 LCD stops working if you daisy chain the bluetooth adapter.

Tony

topographer

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Mid Yorkshire
Hi Eirik,
We still have these bluetooth adapters in stock but they are not wired for the Bafang BBS01 but for Higu waterproof cableset that we use on our bikes. The 5-pin LCD socket is sufficiently similar to the Bafang LCD socket, you can push fit the Bafang LCD to it but the TX and RX pins are at the wrong locations - so they don't work unless you rewire it, which is very messy because there is not much cable length on those adapters.
Result: the C961/C965 LCD stops working if you daisy chain the bluetooth adapter.

Tony
Got any of these left? Do they work with the Zephyr B?