Help! Lishui controller and LCD vs KT controller and LCD

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
I have got a 26" yose power hub with KTController and LCD 3 (my wifes bike) and have recently ordered a 28"700c yosepower hub ( for me) with a Lishui controller and a a LCD that goes with it, Does anyone have experience with the Lishui controller and lcd kit

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
They work fine and no issue with them, Woosh use them on all their bikes.
You can't carry out any setting changes like the KT, except for basics like wheel size , speed and time.

scott gaza

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2018
scone
Hi, where did you get you're Lishui controller and LCD . i have had one with no issues for just over a year but now seem to be getting some issues now and need a replacement. Cheers Gaza

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
my wifes bike
If your wife is happy with the basic setup on her bike, why not swap the controller/LCD3 to your kit when it comes and when you had a play/ride with the Lishui, just remember to change the wheel size settings, then you can gauge for yourself which one suits your ride style.

For me changing the "handle bar startup" was integral for throttle setup and for "save last PAS function" were by the last PAS mode (KTLCD3) you switch the bike off, appears set when you next switch it back on, ie PAS 5 switch off ,switch on PAS 5 I think that is default for KTLCD3.

Let us know how the Lishui setup is from a default stand point.
Woosh might be able to off up some advice, hes a really solid all round stand up guy, drop em an email.

Reactions: tunznath

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
If your wife is happy with the basic setup on her bike, why not swap the controller/LCD3 to your kit when it comes and when you had a play/ride with the Lishui, just remember to change the wheel size settings, then you can gauge for yourself which one suits your ride style.

For me changing the "handle bar startup" was integral for throttle setup and for "save last PAS function" were by the last PAS mode (KTLCD3) you switch the bike off, appears set when you next switch it back on, ie PAS 5 switch off ,switch on PAS 5 I think that is default for KTLCD3.

Let us know how the Lishui setup is from a default stand point.
Woosh might be able to off up some advice, hes a really solid all round stand up guy, drop em an email.
Thank you will try the lcd3 and lishui and controller setups on both bikes

• :D
Reactions: PC2017

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
Some thoughts after my first 500km using a Lishui controller (supplied as part of a 350W kit by Yose), as it makes sense to keep all Lishui / KT comparisons in one place.

There's no need for a key to turn the bike on, anyone can use the on/off button when the bike is parked. Not ideal.

Once turned on, the throttle is always live (no need to pedal first), is there a way to set this to "pedal first to activate throttle" (same as p4 setting on KT controller)?

The Lishui controller is speed controlled, is there a way to change this to current controlled?
This is the main issue I have with this kit, I am having to use assist level5 everywhere as my preferred levels2/3 cut out below my normal cruising speeds. All suggestions welcome !
For background see posts #10 #11 at https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/gtech-e-scent-mtb-motor-issues.36950/ and/or the p3 setting on KT controller.

Does anyone know if the Yose wiring harness are different between KT and Lishui kits (I know the display & controller have to be compatible, can I just remove my Lishui display & controller and replace them with KT parts?)

Summary from the manual for future reference :
Quick press on/off for display backlight.
Quick press SET to loop though trip/odo/time (& "range to go" optional).
Hold DOWN for 6kmh walk assist.
Hold SET + UP to turn USB charging on/off (what is this?)

Menu 1 (hold SET key for 2 seconds to access) = trip distance (press down to reset) - speed limit (10-40 km/h) - wheel diameter (16-28 ins) - kmh or mph.

Menu 2 (at menu 1, hold SET and DOWN for 10+ seconds) = speed sensor selection - direction of pas - pas sensitivity - throttle level enabled ( max or controlled by assist level) - throttle enabled (6kmh limit) - slow start up setting (1-3) - max current setting (default 12A).
Undocumented - from the final screen in menu2 it is possible to reset the odo to zero (I found out by accident !)

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
For info, speed cutoff on the Lishui controller varies depending on battery charge, I tested using the throttle while the rear wheel was suspended from the ceiling. Results below.
Assist level - km/h range (low charge 35.3v - high charge 41.6v)
#1 14-17 km/h
#2 20-24
#3 24-29
#4 27-32
#5 32-38

I also found a chart showing the levels of assist but the figures don't quite match what I'm seeing.

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Hi Scorpio, Yes I have found that I dont like the speed settings in the Lishui controller either, especially after using my wifes KT setup, it is fine but once you try the KT setup you realise its shortcomings, I particularly dont like when pedalling in PAS 2 at the max speed in PAS 2 and change down to PAS 1 you can actually hear and feel the controller/motor combo slow you down, your experience of this?

I am going to find a KT controller KT LCD and KT harness set for mine soon to try it out, when I have time.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The issue with the speed controllers is you don't get any current control at all as they give max in all PAS levels and less range.

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
The issue with the speed controllers is you don't get any current control at all as they give max in all PAS levels and less range.
, yes noticed that my wifes setup uses less battery for the same trip, though it is not scientific but more or less as she uses PAS more, and I pedal more(not using motor) and she still uses less battery so in my personal opinion I think the KT controllers are more frugal in battery use than the lishui, probably better optimised???

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
For info, speed cutoff on the Lishui controller varies depending on battery charge, I tested using the throttle while the rear wheel was suspended from the ceiling. Results below.
Assist level - km/h range (low charge 35.3v - high charge 41.6v)
#1 14-17 km/h
#2 20-24
#3 24-29
#4 27-32
#5 32-38

I also found a chart showing the levels of assist but the figures don't quite match what I'm seeing.
Would be interested in that chart

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
KT's use different % current in each of the five levels.
1, 13%.
2, 20%.
3, 33%.
4, 50%.
5 . 100%.

Reactions: Scorpio

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Reactions: tunznath

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
I particularly dont like when pedalling in PAS 2 at the max speed in PAS 2 and change down to PAS 1 you can actually hear and feel the controller/motor combo slow you down, your experience of this?
Mine feels the same. It makes no sense, the freewheel works fine and should make drag impossible.

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Some thoughts after my first 500km using a Lishui controller (supplied as part of a 350W kit by Yose), as it makes sense to keep all Lishui / KT comparisons in one place.

There's no need for a key to turn the bike on, anyone can use the on/off button when the bike is parked. Not ideal.

Once turned on, the throttle is always live (no need to pedal first), is there a way to set this to "pedal first to activate throttle" (same as p4 setting on KT controller)?

The Lishui controller is speed controlled, is there a way to change this to current controlled?
This is the main issue I have with this kit, I am having to use assist level5 everywhere as my preferred levels2/3 cut out below my normal cruising speeds. All suggestions welcome !
For background see posts #10 #11 at https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/gtech-e-scent-mtb-motor-issues.36950/ and/or the p3 setting on KT controller.

Does anyone know if the Yose wiring harness are different between KT and Lishui kits (I know the display & controller have to be compatible, can I just remove my Lishui display & controller and replace them with KT parts?)

Summary from the manual for future reference :
Quick press on/off for display backlight.
Quick press SET to loop though trip/odo/time (& "range to go" optional).
Hold DOWN for 6kmh walk assist.
Hold SET + UP to turn USB charging on/off (what is this?)

Menu 1 (hold SET key for 2 seconds to access) = trip distance (press down to reset) - speed limit (10-40 km/h) - wheel diameter (16-28 ins) - kmh or mph.

Menu 2 (at menu 1, hold SET and DOWN for 10+ seconds) = speed sensor selection - direction of pas - pas sensitivity - throttle level enabled ( max or controlled by assist level) - throttle enabled (6kmh limit) - slow start up setting (1-3) - max current setting (default 12A).
Undocumented - from the final screen in menu2 it is possible to reset the odo to zero (I found out by accident !)
Hi , Yes apparently the harness between the controller and LCD is different.

Reactions: Scorpio

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Hi , Yes apparently the harness between the controller and LCD is different.
Thanks for confirming, same as you I'm thinking I'd like to try a KT controller & display to see if I prefer the way they operate.