Lockdown

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the world economy is being destroyed at the end of the day nothing is going to be the same again for a very long time this is going to be the next grate depression and last at least 50 years.

and it was all going to go bang anyway i just see this virus as the excuse for it all.

and what do expect when in 2009 when it all went bang what did we do borrow 3 times the national debt in 10 years.

governments are like kids with a unlimited credit cards pay off the interest and rack up the total debt. and forget about it.

and now the $hit is really going to hit the fan this time pmsl

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Apparently one third of all individuals that have contracted the virus come from what's called (BAME) groups which is disproportional to the general populus. Can't see that going unchallenged.
As flecc said, BAME groups tend to live in in cities and use public transport.
They have comparatively higher chance of acquiring CV infection.
The level of infection in their countries of origin is often lower than here.
Some cultural traits (such as cuisine) also promote underlying conditions like obesity and diabetes.

Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it was all going to go bang anyway i just see this virus as the excuse for it all.
the world needs a bit of time to adjust to CV.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
How about if you're Gay with one leg and call yourself Malcolm, any chance of being more susceptible do you think ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
and mass unemployment there wont be many jobs to go back to after this even blue chip company like apple ect are going to be killed on the stock market like in 1929 and it is not going to be long b4 this happens id sell if you have anything invested.

even the price of gold will drop at this rate there is nothing at all safe enough to invest in even short term.

if you just bought a house you are screwed big time ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

you got any cash yet from the uk government whoosh? and how long will you have to wait?

Reactions: georgehenry

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I tend not to believe a word from politicians, less so from the tories.
We work mostly from home and take turn to come into the office.

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
So you've been listening to their excuses and blindly accepted them!

I haven't criticised any of the actions against irresponsibility, indeed I've supported such actions against the genuinely irresponsible.

My criticisms have been of the OTT actions by the police and others such as local authorities, and I was vindicated in what I'd posted the day before yesterday by the government backing down when they instructed local authorities to re-open parks, thus reversing what they'd said previously.

This government have made a complete mess of their handing of this crisis, regularly reversing what they were saying and doing, at the cost of many lives. That is why we are ranking among the worst in Europe for the deaths and trends.

As far as I can I'm not going to have my life or others threatened by their incompetence and therefore include my own better decisions on keeping myself and all others safe and healthy.

You can be a zombie and fall for their propaganda and excuses for the mistakes they've made, but I won't and neither will I take any lessons from your blind acceptance that they are getting it right.

I could give a list of how they have got it wrong, but I'd probably be wasting my time against a closed mind.
I’m sorry but I think you have rather a high opinion of you own decision making and can’t align with your opinion that everything that the government do is wrong so we will have to agree to disagree.
I only hope that we are all still here in the future to argue about Pedelecs.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Just reported on CNN, 70% of all Covid fatalities in NY are Afro Americans.

• Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so you dont pay any tax then ? why pay it when you can avoid it and it is the law!

apple dont pay jack so why should you.

cant you get a company in the Cayman Islands ect and bank account so every sale means no uk tax.

and i take it no government money for your staff until june if you needed it and have to pay out your own pocket to pay staff

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I get business rates exemption this year, but that's about it.
it's true that we work fewer hours but we still have a job and an income from mail orders.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I’m sorry but I think you have rather a high opinion of you own decision making and can’t align with your opinion that everything that the government do is wrong
The posts on this subject are in three different threads and I can only conclude you've missed many of them. Had you seen them all you'd have known differently.

I have never said that everything the government has done is wrong, that's your assumption. Indeed I use much of what they've said but revise it where necessary to exclude their mistakes and thus make it safer for me and others. Of course my decision making is better, for the simple reason they only know half the story, the safety principles. What they are missing is knowledge of my circumstances and those of every other individual.

But I have both, so my decisions are an amalgam of mine and theirs, which is obviously better since it takes care of all the related risks, many of which they don't know exist.

Early on you made the mistake of assuming that because I was criticising some of the aspects of implementation, I was dangerously breaking the rules and indeed you posted as much when you inferred that I could be risking you. Nothing could be further from the truth, I'm almost certainly less risk to anyone than the great majority, for reasons you, the government and the police know nothing about.

Last edited:
Reactions: oriteroom

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
whoosh if you dont know how not to pay tax you never went to the right school ;)

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
The posts on this subject are in three different threads and I can only conclude you've missed many of them. Had you seen them all you'd have known differently.

I have never said that everything the government has done is wrong, that's your assumption. Indeed I use much of what they've said but revise it where necessary to exclude their mistakes and thus make it safer for me and others. Of course my decision making is better, for the simple reason they only know half the story, the safety principles. What they are missing is knowledge of my circumstances and those of every other individual.

But I have both, so my decisions are an amalgam of mine and theirs, which is obviously better since it takes care of all the related risks, many of which they don't know exist.

Early on you made the mistake of assuming that because I was criticising some of the aspects of implementation, I was dangerously breaking the rules and indeed you posted as much when you inferred that I could be risking you. Nothing could be further from the truth, I'm almost certainly less risk to anyone than the great majority, for reasons you, the government and the police know nothing about.
As I said, we will have to agree to disagree. I’m sorry if I made the assumption that you seem to know more than all of the UK authorities on how to combat a new world threat.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0200.JPG
new world order mofos ;)

PeterPi

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2019

you got any cash yet from the uk government whoosh? and how long will you have to wait?
Love Louis and especially his e Bike rides around NYC. Have you seen the one shot on a Saturday night when all of Manhattan was on lockdown? Compulsive viewing.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I took my one form of exercise today on my hard tail 2015 Yamaha Haibike on my own.

Normally I only use my Haibike to commute to work and back, so riding for another purpose was a bit of a novelty.

I did a 16 mile loop from my home and once on the tracks close to my house met only a very few other people, all on foot, and we were respectful of each other and kept a good distance apart.

I know my patch so could use woodland that allows only very limited access and the bits I used I saw no one.

Nearing the end of my ride I had 82% of my battery remaining and had to drop into my home town valley and climb the steepest route out and repeat on some other hills a few times and probably about four miles of my total using high assist levels to get my battery down to under 70%, a level I prefer to leave the battery when it is not in use, a little annoying.

My 10 mile road ride back from work usually reduces my battery level to 65% which I find is a good level to leave it ready to be charged up the next day or week or several weeks.

This regime seems to be working as my original 400Wh battery is still in excellent shape as it enters its 6th year of service after 11,884 miles.

Ride Arboretum Leisure 006.JPG
Private Woodland track
Ride Arboretum Leisure 012.JPG
Tree in blossom
Ride Arboretum Leisure 015.JPG
More woodland blooms with not a soul around
Ride Arboretum Leisure 017.JPG
Views towards the North Downs
Ride Arboretum Leisure 025.JPG
Ridge track with views
Ride Arboretum Leisure 028.JPG
Same high track with views towards The North Downs in the distance and lake below.
Ride Arboretum Leisure 034.JPG
Descending the valley side
Ride Arboretum Leisure 035.JPG
More blossom and another view
Ride Arboretum Leisure 040.JPG
At the lakeside looking back towards the ridge whence I have come. Shakespeare eat your heart out.
Ride Arboretum Leisure 041.JPG
View back on the ride home. Spot the bunny!

Up until now my one form of exercise a day has been taking my two young adult children for a walk in the same countryside and I think it is to that I will return.

The bike can go back in the garage ready for my next trip to work on the 16th of April.

Last edited:

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
I took my one form of exercise today on my hard tail 2015 Yamaha Haibike on my own.

Normally I only use my Haibike to commute to work and back, so riding for another purpose was a bit of a novelty.

I did a 16 mile loop from my home and once on the tracks close to my house met only a very few other people, all on foot, and we were respectful of each other and kept a good distance apart.

I know my patch so could use woodland that allows only very limited access and the bits I used I saw no one.

Nearing the end of my ride I had 82% of my battery remaining and had to drop into my home town valley and climb the steepest route out and repeat on some other hills a few times and probably about four miles of my total using high assist levels to get my battery down to under 70%, a level I prefer to leave the battery when it is not in use, a little annoying.

My 10 mile road ride back from work usually reduces my battery level to 65% which I find is a good level to leave it ready to be charged up the next day or week or several weeks.

This regime seems to be working as my original 400Wh battery is still in excellent shape as it enters its 6th year of service after 11,884 miles.

View attachment 34624
Private Woodland track
View attachment 34625
Tree in blossom
View attachment 34626
More woodland blooms with not a soul around
View attachment 34627
Views towards the North Downs
View attachment 34629
Ridge track with views
View attachment 34630
Same high track with views towards The North Downs in the distance and lake below.
View attachment 34631
Descending the valley side
View attachment 34632
More blossom and another view
View attachment 34633
At the lakeside looking back towards the ridge whence I have come. Shakespeare eat your heart out.
View attachment 34634
View back on the ride home. Spot the bunny!

Up until now my one form of exercise a day has been taking my two young adult children for a walk in the same countryside and I think it is to that I will return.

The bike can go back in the garage ready for my next trip to work on the 16th of April.
What a great ride, absolutely beautiful!

• Agree