dwvl

Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2018
Essex, UK
I have also been told on reddit by Deliveroo riders that 250W is too little power to do the job
Reddit is often very USA-centric. It seems most Americans would regard a 250W motor as barely adequate for a toy (not realising that's the legal limit for PedElecs in Europe), and they are completely unfamiliar with geared hubs.

Reactions: Pedaluma

Pedaluma

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2020
Reddit is often very USA-centric. It seems most Americans would regard a 250W motor as barely adequate for a toy (not realising that's the legal limit for PedElecs in Europe), and they are completely unfamiliar with geared hubs.
A regular adult sized urban commuter bike (not electric) with 700c wheels will out perform a 20 inch wheel bike with a heavy battery and a 250Watt geared hub motor. Show photos of the finished project.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
A regular adult sized urban commuter bike (not electric) with 700c wheels will out perform a 20 inch wheel bike with a heavy battery and a 250Watt geared hub motor. Show photos of the finished project.
It depends what you mean by out-perform. What if the bike is loaded with a heavy load and heavy rider? What about on steep hills? Whatabout moise? My Dahan cruises happily at 22 mph, even up slight hills, without pedalling. I average 14 mph on my road bike that has carbon frame.