My Gtech eBike Sport review!.

Tompattison

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 2, 2016
Wallingford
So I'm quite impressed with the gtech, nice looking bike and it goes well too.
The biggest surprise was the amount of work you still have to put in to travel without assistance (above about 15mph).

Having never riden an electric bike before, I wasn't sure what to expect. Turning the assist off though really shows how much help it gives you when pulling away, quite impressed.

I did 14 miles throughout the day yesterday and I used two bars or battery.
Hopefully I'll get fitter over time and start getting some mileage like Keith ;-)

Might need to replace the seat though, little sore this morning!

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Leighping

I notice the saddle is nose up.
Are you aware the pressure it then places can cause injuries 'ahem some thing to stay down' in the long term that is.

• Informative
  • Useful
Reactions: IR772 and LeighPing

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
Tom, I've fitted a Suntour NCX seatpost (28mm) to min and it's a lot better over pot-holes etc.

Did you give full charge to the battery, the lights all turn off on the front when it's fully charged.

I think it encourages you to put more pedalling in!.

Tompattison

Aug 2, 2016
Wallingford
Yes i fully charged the battery, however i was doing a lot of stop and start tests so i guess i used more battery than normal.

I like the carbon drive belt too.

I think i will be keeping it, however i am slightly intrigued about how the Carrera Crossfire from Halfords compares to the Gtech.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Jean bradshaw

Sep 6, 2016
Sheffield
Hi anyone got any reviews on a btwin 36 v bike from decathlon was going to buy a gtech but couldn't decide which bike to purchase after looking a a few decided on the btwin great bike but a bit heavy on the back where the battery sits still deciding whether to go for the gtech any information would be much appreciated
Thanks jean

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Which one? Original 700? I recommended one to a friend because it was on sale at under 700€. It was the version before with 24V front motor. I understand why they upgraded to 36V and my friend will too when his battery fails.

They aren't bad but they aren't worth 1100€.

• Informative

Jean bradshaw

Sep 6, 2016
Sheffield
Hi it's the btwin original 700 36v it's a good bike but just wondered if the g tech was any better living in Sheffield it's very hilly the btwin is ok but a very heavy bike on the back 21 gears so just like riding an ordinary bike 3 settings on the assist so would the gtech be ok for the area I live in .
Does anyone know of anyone's around the Sheffield area who have a gtech because I would love to try one of these bikes cos always liked the look of it.image.jpeg

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
Gtech will be lighter but if you're battling lots of hills the lack of gears may be an issue for you?.

Depends how much leg-work you want to put in I suppose.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
It (the g-tech) won't be as comfortable. I rode my friends bike to Decathlon San Sebastian and back and that trip decided me that I needed suspension. The seat is actually quite good too. He wants to change the tyres to road tyres.

The front motor version is too heavy in the front for me. This is one of their bikes that comes without a motor also and this just goes to show that to have a well balanced bike it has to be designed for a motor in the first place. There is no room in the frame for the battery which means everything is on the back. Add your panniers and that means quite a lot.

Jean bradshaw

Sep 6, 2016
Sheffield
Thanks for your replies yeah lots of hills around here so the bike I have probably the best for me but still want to try the gtech but it's maybe not good for around this area nearly everywhere you go around Sheffield is hilly .

D

Deleted member 4366

Anyone out there in the South Yorkshire area own a gtech bike I could have a try on to make my mind up please ? .
In case you don't know, SYEBC in Goldthorpe has a range of other bikes to try. They're very friendly and offer some good deals. Their backup and support is also exemplary.

• Informative

Jean bradshaw

Sep 6, 2016
Sheffield
Hi can anyone help me I have a pedal assisted bike but have seen and had a ride on one with a twist and go throttle on as well but costing a lot more than I paid for mine can I buy a twist and go throttle to attach to my bike and to the battery .

Related Articles

Advertisers