new controller

robdon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2013
after waiting 9 weeks for a new controller, throttle, and pas disc, from BMS BATTERY, I decided to get a kit off Ebay.
This consists of 36v controller, Pas disc, throttle, speed and distance monitor, LCD, and brakes.
This is for a Giant Suede I have which is like new, I have cut off some of the connectors from the old controller, and wired them to the new temporarily, I have all these wired individually , so they can be moved, to try different colours. the phase and hall wires.
the old controller had six wires black,red, yellow, blue, pink and orange.
the new one has five wires black, red, yellow, blue and green.
does anyone know which wire to leave out, or know what the extra wire is for, the phase wires and the rest should be fairly easy to sort out,
Thanks for any help.
ROB

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Perhaps it's 5 hall sensor wires, and one speed/temperature/something else sensor on the original motor?

D

Deleted member 4366

The hall sensor colours normally correspond with the phase wire colours. What are the colours of the phase wires?

D

Deleted member 4366

OK then, another clever approach: Can you open the original controller and follow the wires to the PCB? The hall wires will all be together, and the extra wire will go to another input. If you're stuck, show us some hi-res pictures of the PCB.

robdon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2013
the three phase wires are at the back, at the front to the left five wires, which went to the handle bar control, to the right six wires that went to the motor,
hall wires.
they are from the right, blue, pink, yellow, black, orange and red.
I had chopped the wires to make up some individual leads, the red and white to the far left were for the pedal disc
ROB

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Rob,

I'm sure that pepe's are willing to help, but that picture makes it very hard.

Could you find a way to get some light on the thing? Its A bit like the old postcard of the Ilse of Wight by night.

D

Deleted member 4366

I need to see more. I don't need to see what sort of table you have, so try and make the PCB fill the photo. Also,I need to see it from above so that I can see where the tracks go.

robdon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2013
its on a window sill, I`ve got a 23inch monitor and it fills it, press the + at the bottom of the picture, another

D

Deleted member 4366

Jeez! Alright, joke over. Show us a proper photo before we get bored.

robdon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2013
I am not a photographer, this is from another camera, its the best I`ve got
the other photos blow up to about I ft x 1ft if this is no good I will have to forget it, and try a bit of experimenting, on the other photos I can see every spot
ROB

robdon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2013
I must have crap cameras, these are a bit blurred, I am sorry but I tried my best.