New Gtech ebike

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Trying to decide on buying an ebike using distance selling is not helped by statements like this,
https://www.aero-bike.co.uk/14-day-trial
I would not buy from them under these rules, read the last line get out clause
It seems OK to me, all they are asking is that it is returned in good condition and re-packed in the original packaging so that a courier can collect it.
Obviously they would like to know the reason you are returning it.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

They're a reputable mail order company and have been trading for a long time. If you comply with the rules, you won't have that problem. They put that clause in to protect themselves from unscrupulous buyers. You have nothing to worry about from them.

LEBC Tom

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2013
Hampton Wick, KT1 4DA
Sure, but I can I can imagine the protracted wrangling trying to get my money back and the endless excuses
Got off your backside and get to an ebike shop to try one or two, then you get one to one face to face advice on what it is you or your wife are after. At least you won't have to worry about what you may deem is an acceptable condition to send a bike back to a dealer compared to theirs if you order one online. 30 miles on a bike, it will show.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
It was ok with the returns requirements until I read the penultimate line,
"We reserve the right to reject a return at our discretion."
I had a customer who trial rode an electric bike in the sea,such words are to protect themselves if you abuse the bike.
Its all down to fairness and commonsense.
KudosDave

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
in general, you must return the bike well packed and in a new condition, no scratches and clean tyres.
The last bit is difficult after 14 days. Most bikes now have odometers. If you return the bike with more than 1 mile on the clock. Is it new?
No. It's not.

• Informative

Breezy

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2016
Weston Super Mare
Well, my wife has decided she wants a Whoosh Big Bear LS. Is there just the one dealer in Southend? I live in Weston Super Mare, just about as far west as you can go from there!

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
there are lots of Woosh customers near Weston Super Mare, Taunton, Exeter, Bristol, Bath etc. email support@wooshbikes.co.uk if you need to try. Woosh make 3 step throughs (they are no longer called ladies frame, unisex now), the Petite with Bafand SWX for up to 15st, the Santana2 with SWX02 for 13st-17st and Big Bear LS for 15st and over. Where you are, there are not much steep hills, the Big Bear LS may not be needed, the Santana2 is just as good and much cheaper. If you need bigger range, just ask them to fit 15AH battery on the Santana2 or the Petite.

Breezy

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2016
Weston Super Mare
Thanks for the advice Trex, but my wife really liked the Big Bear LS and I've ordered it this afternoon and I'll get it Thursday. As I said in earlier posts she's Dutch and the bike reminds her of home!

Reactions: flecc

Supertag

Just Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Scottish Highlands
Tried out both the GTECH City and Sports bikes with my Wife recently. Very impressed with them but decided we needed suspension and off road tyres as the ride was uncomfortable. Arranged uplift with GTECH and at the weekend spotted the New GTECH E-scent Mountain BIke just launched. After an hour of wrangling with GTECH they have agreed to send out two new mountain bikes and deduct the full value of the two road bikes.
They have also agreed to free Helmets, Lights, Mudguards and as I had recently purchased a GTECH Hedge Trimmer I had a discount code for 10% off. 10% saved me a mighty £339.
Will let you know how we get on but they do look great bikes....

Reactions: flecc and LeighPing

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Tried out both the GTECH City and Sports bikes with my Wife recently. Very impressed with them but decided we needed suspension and off road tyres as the ride was uncomfortable. Arranged uplift with GTECH and at the weekend spotted the New GTECH E-scent Mountain BIke just launched. After an hour of wrangling with GTECH they have agreed to send out two new mountain bikes and deduct the full value of the two road bikes.
They have also agreed to free Helmets, Lights, Mudguards and as I had recently purchased a GTECH Hedge Trimmer I had a discount code for 10% off. 10% saved me a mighty £339.
Will let you know how we get on but they do look great bikes....
Wow, sounds a deal and a half>>

• Agree

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Why are there to ways of describing capacity.. 5.6ah? 500w? How do us mere mortals know the difference?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
5.6Ah on its own does not tell us the amount of energy stored in a battery - you also need to know the voltage. Multiply the two together and you get Wh's.

Watt-hours allow you to compare the capacity of two packs of varying voltages, amp-hours on its own doesn't.

Breezy

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2016
Weston Super Mare
So it's 5.6ah times 36v equals 201watts. From the advert it certainly looks the same battery on the road version. Posts on here seem to indicate a MTB ebike might not get much distance at all over off road hilly terrain, after all, that's what a MTB is for?

D

Deleted member 4366

So it's 5.6ah times 36v equals 201watts. From the advert it certainly looks the same battery on the road version. Posts on here seem to indicate a MTB ebike might not get much distance at all over off road hilly terrain, after all, that's what a MTB is for?
Nearly. It's 201 Watt-hours, which means you can run for one hour at 200 watts or 30 minutes at 400 watts. The controller is probably around 15 amps, so the maximum power from the battery will be around 600 watts, which means you get 20 minutes of slow hill-climbing, using full power.

If you had a three mile long hill with a 10% gradient, you'd be doing about 8 mph at 15 amps, which would take just over 20 minutes, so if you were unlucky enough to have a hill like that, you could flatten the battery in 3 miles.

On the other hand, if you lived in Cambridge, you can turn the power down to zero most of the time and do more than a hundred miles on one charge.

That's why any statement about range is meaningless. Your battery is a bag of energy. The more amp-hours or watt-hours in it, the more energy is in the bag. You can use up that energy fast to get a lot of help to propel your bike, or you can do most of the work yourself and use up the bag of energy very slowly. You have the choice. It's nothing to do with the bike.