New Idea for Hi viz product - your ideas please.

fatboytrig

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
I have an idea for a new hi viz clothing and accessory range of products....

Called something like 'Father of 2' Everyone could ride around with a line of hi viz text in massive writing on their back that reflects who they are responsible for. This could be either on the backs of their panniers or vests or whatever.

I was going to mock one up but thought it might be too provocative on the roads. You know how car drivers can get sometimes ;-) but I thought that it might hit home... excuse the pun.

What do you think?

'Mother of 1'
'Father of 3'
'I pay the bills'
'Just trying to live'

Something like that. Can you think of any others? Let's have them...

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
I have an idea for a new hi viz clothing and accessory range of products....

Called something like 'Father of 2' Everyone could ride around with a line of hi viz text in massive writing on their back that reflects who they are responsible for. This could be either on the backs of their panniers or vests or whatever.

I was going to mock one up but thought it might be too provocative on the roads. You know how car drivers can get sometimes ;-) but I thought that it might hit home... excuse the pun.

What do you think?

'Mother of 1'
'Father of 3'
'I pay the bills'
'Just trying to live'

Something like that. Can you think of any others? Let's have them...
Hehe rather wacky idea! How about "keep your distance"

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
Think Bike !!

If you can read this, the babys fallen off.

Dip your lights

I also drive

Keep clear

Wide berth

If you can read this you are too close

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
"My other Hi Viz Vest's a bomb...
...Or did I get them mixed?"

(Oh heck, is that incitement?)
(Poor taste - sorry)

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
'Mother of 1'
'Father of 3'
'I pay the bills'
'Just trying to live'
I'm sorry fatboytrig, but I don't like it. You're right, I don't like those car stickers either, "Princess on Board", "Baby on Board", "Spoilt Little Bastard on Board" or "Fully Functioning wedding Tackle on Board. They are just sanctimonious statements which have no effect on peoples behaviour on the roads.

I hate those, "Parent and Child Parking Space" areas at supermarkets too. We've never used them on principle. Make the overweight little gits, their muffin toped mothers and fat dads walk the full length of the car park. They'll thank you for it one day.

Well you did ask...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I too don't like the idea.

Would motorists target me if I had "Responsible for no-one" on my back?

Of course not, so by the same token, there wouldn't be any gain from any other text.

Of course, short sighted motorists might, in peering to read the text, hit some other cyclist instead!

fatboytrig

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
Baaaah Humbug to the lot of you then. *turns head and sulks*

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
I went out for a night ride last night,,,high viz jacket and all....cars gave me a lot wider birth than during the day and dipped lights when they spotted my standard bosch lights...what more can you ask for......maybe the weather person to get the temperature right as i am sure it was a lot colder than they said.

des56daw

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 29, 2008
I have worn hiviz vests with the 8 led lights on each side, they definitly work and
they are only about £10, plus you are giving the ones that don't give you
room a flashing V sign

Des