New Storck RADDAR Uk website live

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
They look nice. Nothing for me, unfortunately since I need mudguards and panniers and stuff for commuting and carrying my cameras.

Are any of the ones without pictures road bikes or are they all sports machines? The ones labelled for commuters made me chuckle - imagine getting around London with that extreme riding position. Nice for the couriers though.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Nice site and nice looking bikes!

I think it better when manafacturesr put the RRP on site as at least you get an instant idea without doing a search...KTM and others do this;)

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I like the battery position !!
LMAO

I agree though it does blend in well.

The specs indicate that it is regenative. I wonder what the motor drag is like :p

Jerry

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
LMAO

The specs indicate that it is regenative. I wonder what the motor drag is like :p

Jerry
Ha ha ha and the price will probably make your eyes water as well!

LMAO

I agree though it does blend in well.

Jerry
Hi Jerry,

The motor is drag free, noiseless and provides regen on overrun and freewheel. The motor is built in Switzerland and specc'd exculsive to Storck. The motor is supplied to other OEM in Europe but the spec is different and heavier than the Storck motor.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Hmm.....really....totally !!

and the price is ?
Ha ha ha.....They start at 3.2 k - 3.5 k with XT. Storck bikes can cost 10k (not electric) These are high end machines.....

motor is in rear wheel and weights 4.9kg so relatively heavy and not so easy to swap out

Bob_about

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2009
Warks/Glos Border
I must be missing something - why are we laughing at this??

I quite like the battery position, low and central
I can see the prices pretty readily
There is a version with everything you need on a commuter bike (mudguards, rack etc)
Admittedly its a more aggressive riding position than most ebikes, but thats a matter of taste
Specs look very good and there is a good range of sizes
Its definitely not cheap, but I have no problems with there being expensive options?

To my untrained eye these look good and I was interested to see them?

What am I missing?????

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Not laughing at bikes for one minute, I really like them, It is with a certain member with an obsession regards free wheel spinning and drag thats all...not serious

where are the prices?? I only got a bit of info from"bike radar"

Oop's just looked at site again and followed links and prices there. I particularly like the Carbon Deora @ £3150'ish

no weight that I can see, but I know they are around 20kg but they use a 25 V system when everyone else is using 36 V. Admittedly without trying one, to me the Bosch looks a better system at a more reasonable price

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What am I missing?????
When Ian Hughes first posted about the Storck Raddar bikes the wording was perhaps unfortunate and smacked of hype, so having set himself up as an "Aunt Sally" the response was predictable.

These things are difficult to live down, but hopefully it will pass. I wish him and his Storck Raddar product well.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Yes there where some bold claims that raised a few eyebrows mine included, however, the bikes are now starting to grow on me. The direct drive motor will be near silent in use and the system used seems to include a torque sensor meaning true power controlled assisted riding and not speed controlled riding. Yes the pricing is high but given the spec and unique motor features will make the bikes attractive to many.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Yes my comments were spilling over from the other spin test threads :p

I did go on to say how I liked the battery position (again after the extended daahub exchange) and asked a question about the regenative claim.

All that said it is a very expensive bike!

Regards

Jerry

Ha ha ha.....They start at 3.2 k - 3.5 k with XT. Storck bikes can cost 10k (not electric) These are high end machines.....

motor is in rear wheel and weights 4.9kg so relatively heavy and not so easy to swap out
Hi Eddie,

If I may reply and explain how the rear wheel can be removed, it is quite simple.

Firstly, the rear axle length is the same as a normal Shimano rear axle. In fact, you can even swap the rear wheel for a normal (motor less) rear wheel if you ever wished to.

To remove the rear wheel motor if you had a rear wheel puncture:

1. Undo the cable tie next to the Left hand drop out holding the motor cable to the rear stay. Undo the motor cable block connector.
2. Undo the rear axle castle nuts (15mm spanner)
3. Undo the motor torque plate from the frame (4mm key)
4. Remove rear wheel as normal.

To replace. Reverse the procedure. Please note, the rear axle castle nuts are not torque sensitive (as they are on the Bionix system) so you don't need a torque wrench to make the final tighten.

Happy to help answer any other queries and offer a great range of pedelec bikes that 'Does what it says on the tin' :)