News: Electric bikes considered ‘motorbikes’ on Northern Ireland’s roads, says BA

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Yes it is sectarian, the "Glorious Twelth". This Link tells all.

As for your other question, percentages aren't really mathematics, they are politician's convenient alternative to mathematics, an aid to bamboozle the gullible public.
As some of you on the mainland finally realised following DUP conversations, as unionists call the larger island lieing to the east of Ireland, and now have now reason to believe. NI is currently part of the UK, so my statement was valid. We can readily identify NI registration numbers from other UK numbers because they usually have an Z or I and use 4 digit numbers. So 5% of the cars were from the mainland, 75% across the border and 20% ROI

I was going to make comments about the glorious twelfth, but Tommie will do it with more heart, and flecc with more accuracy.

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Yes it is sectarian, the "Glorious Twelth". This Link tells all.
As for your other question, percentages aren't really mathematics, they are politician's convenient alternative to mathematics, an aid to bamboozle the gullible public.
Flecc, `sectarian` ??

How`s that?

Oh Dan, you took a chance and got as far as Carlingford on the 12th, well done, you should have come on a bit farther north over the border to see your fellow countrymen pack the FourWays in Newry and The Outlet in Banbridge, they`re leaving nothing on the shelves for the locals, our stores have never had it so good on the 12th July.
Also if there was any truth in your anti-northerner guff why do your citizens welcome with open arms thousands of Orangemen for their parade in Rossnowlagh in your Republic, they can`t get them down spending money quick enough?
You`ve far too much time on yer hands Dan, get that ebike out in that fresh air on that coast road round Blackrock and gaze over to the U.K. just up the road and think what could have been - it`s never too late you know, just think, 32 counties with seats in our Westminster parliament again - result! Eh?!!

• :D
Reactions: flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Flecc, `sectarian` ??

How`s that?

Oh Dan, you took a chance and got as far as Carlingford on the 12th, well done, you should have come on a bit farther north over the border to see your fellow countrymen pack the FourWays in Newry and The Outlet in Banbridge, they`re leaving nothing on the shelves for the locals, our stores have never had it so good on the 12th July.
Also if there was any truth in your anti-northerner guff why do your citizens welcome with open arms thousands of Orangemen for their parade in Rossnowlagh in your Republic, they can`t get them down spending money quick enough?
You`ve far too much time on yer hands Dan, get that ebike out in that fresh air on that coast road round Blackrock and gaze over to the U.K. just up the road and think what could have been - it`s never too late you know, just think, 32 counties with seats in our Westminster parliament again - result! Eh?!!
.. the word republic says it all, Orange order, GAA, and all other types are equally welcome as citizens of Europe.
I often gaze over at the mornes, lovely , the silent valley is a gem. ( For mainlanders this is a water r source for Belfast and is really beautiful parkland), and I dispair with what might have been.
I have regard for our Northern brethren, and that includes you, and am saddened by a futile period in our shared history, what saddens me more is that with Brexit, you and I will endure yet more.
As a matter of fact the lovely Mornes and therefore the UK is invisible from Blackrock, the Cooley hills are in the way. One has to go down as far as annagassan to see them in their splendor.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Celebrating "We won, you lost" etc.
You forgot "Get over it!" Very important that bit because some never can or never will...

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing and flecc