Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Hmm indeed :)

Jerry

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I've asked a few questions and will report back.

Oddly seller has a ladies version with battery for sale too. So maybe genuine reason ?

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I asked if he/she had the old dead battery as i may be able to recell it. Just said he didnt have it

no charger for either bike - no explaination provided

double dodgy

melspea

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2013
Yes, it was actually the step-thru I looked at then saw the same seller offering the gents' bike and I didn't like the sound of it all. Of course, it might be entirely kosher but these are not very old bikes and I always think 'STOLEN' any time I see an ebike on ebay without a battery.

Anybody lost one in recent times?

Melissa

ps Your post just beat mine to press, Kirstin......good sleuthing Sir!

pps Those bikes were stolen in 2011!

Last edited:

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
Has anyone sent a message to the oowee person,?

iaing

Pedelecer
May 27, 2008
L31
No mention of whether there's charger and keys included.
Loads of people list without mentioning battery and charger. Sometimes I send them a message suggesting they need to list if available as failure to do so can suggest the bike is stolen. This often results in changes to the listing and even a few messages of thanks. Seems it just does not occur to many sellers if unprompted.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I asked the seller about charger. He responded:
"The previous owner was unaware where either of these items were (the battery and charger)".

It possible that this guy has purchased from whoever stole it, but it does seem most likely that its stolen.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I only asked about the gents bike, but I notice in the description of the ladies bike that 'the battery is dead and needs recharging', implying the seller has no charger.

Definitely TWOCed.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I emailed them to - def no charger on both bikes . I asked for a serial numbe and got one too. Makes me think that if stolen prob not by this seller

"Hi,

I have removed the locking device on these bikes as the previous owner did not know where anything relating to the bikes was stored including the keys The serial number is for this bike is: 182097 0001
5800 4295 0608

It would be easy enough to secure the battery pack when unattended using a normal lock."