Oxydrive kits

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

baldylox

Pedelecer
May 25, 2012
Hants/Wilts border
I finally have a solution to fixing my PAS issue with the oxydrive kit. Because I have a Hollowtech BB and the supplied magnet ring just won't fit, I had to try and butcher the supplied split ring to fit... it wouldn't, I just don't have the clearances.
After trying to source an alternative from elfkw in Vienna and failing to get an order from them (very frustrating), I found just what I was looking for in Germany. Today it turned up courtesy of Electric Bike Solutions GmbH.
http://www.ebike-solutions.com/de/shop/elektronikzubehoer/tretsensoren/hollowtech-ii-tretsensor-set.html

The magnet ring is thin and made to fit behind the smallest drive cog so I will get it fitted and finally complete my build!

Edit;
Now fitted and works a treat!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nealh

Rickidoodah

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 5, 2015
Oxydrive CST HT Kit on my old Kona Roast.
Almost finished. Just need brakes and to mill down the 44t chainring to fit (36t chainring is installed temporarily).IMG_0117.jpg
One question: I've been playing with the speed settings and I've noticed that the max speed when using the throttle is linked to the PAS setting. Is this fixed or can it be changed?

Rick

D

Deleted member 4366

It's fixed. You have to use level 6 to get maximum. Also, you need to be aware that there's three separate power settings as well as the six speed settings. Look at the top left of the display, where you see whh one is ticked. Don't mistake the power indicator as being the eco power set.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
It's fixed. You have to use level 6 to get maximum. Also, you need to be aware that there's three separate power settings as well as the six speed settings. Look at the top left of the display, where you see whh one is ticked. Don't mistake the power indicator as being the eco power set.
Certainly the case with the Oxygen MTB.

Didn't we establish the kits have a different display?

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
Oxydrive CST HT Kit on my old Kona Roast.
Almost finished. Just need brakes and to mill down the 44t chainring to fit (36t chainring is installed temporarily).View attachment 11017
One question: I've been playing with the speed settings and I've noticed that the max speed when using the throttle is linked to the PAS setting. Is this fixed or can it be changed?

Rick
lovely build, i rad that you just finiishd an it madem think about mine (same kit) - i went off t carriban for a month and left it locked up and uused, does doing that (fully charged) damage a lithium battry? many thanks

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
lovely build, i rad that you just finiishd an it madem think about mine (same kit) - i went off t carriban for a month and left it locked up and uused, does doing that (fully charged) damage a lithium battry? many thanks
sorry about typos, a very bad tablet -"i read that you just finished, and it made me think about leaving my fully charged battery on same unused for a month - and i wonderif that woudl have damaged it - i.e. being unused?" mny thanks

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
sorry about typos, a very bad tablet -"i read that you just finished, and it made me think about leaving my fully charged battery on same unused for a month - and i wonderif that woudl have damaged it - i.e. being unused?" mny thanks
Doubt it.

Batteries unused are best left part charged, but I doubt four weeks is long enough to make much difference either way.

Reactions: selrahc1992
D

Deleted member 4366

i read that you just finished, and it made me think about leaving my fully charged battery on same unused for a month - and i wonderif that woudl have damaged it - i.e. being unused?" mny thanks
In theory you should discharge it a bit before leaving it for a long time; however, I never do that with any of my batteries and not had any problems.

Reactions: selrahc1992

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
Doubt it.

Batteries unused are best left part charged, but I doubt four weeks is long enough to make much difference either way.
In theory you should discharge it a bit before leaving it for a long time; however, I never do that with any of my batteries and not had any problems.
many thanks, it's reassuring (it's possible to get neurotic about batteries i guess)

dbar

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2013
Just been out on my oxydrive kitted Dawes mountain bike. I did 32 miles door to door (around Preston Guild Wheel). Only used 2 bars on the battery meter. Top speed (with pedaling 24 mph) average about 15 mph.Very impressed with this kit.

Reactions: jonathan75

mymatephil

Apr 3, 2014
I have begun to install a new oxydrive 13A CST kit to my bike..
The display is the C6 described here.
(http://www.oxydrive.co.uk/support/manuals/OXYDrive-C6-LCD-manual.pdf)

I have not yet installed the PAS ring but it tested fine. However I see the throttle only takes the bike to 4.7 MPH

I couldnt get to any max speed settings as described earlier in this thread. But if I press the 'down' button and hold it I get the 6Kmh Push Cruise Control mode which behaves exactly the same as if i have twisted my throttle.

Is the throttle only a pushing aid now? or have I done something wrong?

D

Deleted member 4366

The throttle will take the bike to the same speed as the PAS setting, so you need level 6 for maximum throttle.

By default, the throttle is set to a maximum speed of 6 km/h. You have to set it to normal operation in the advanced setting parameters:

Press and hold the Set button until the display changes;
Press and hold it again for about 10 seconds until the display changes again;
Adjust the maximum speed with the up and down buttons;
Short press the Set button (might be the power button) to change to the throttle mode screen, which will show 6 or 6.0;
Press the up or down button to change it to 0.

At any time, if you wait more than a few seconds, it will revert to normal screen and you have to start again - as you will find out.

One other thing. There's 3 power levels as well as the 6 speed levels. To get the maximum speed, you have to use the maximum power. You change the power level at the first setting after pressing and holding the Set button for a few seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

mymatephil

Apr 3, 2014
It worked. It worked !! :D

It seemed like a loooong ten seconds and the options were scrolling but It eventually got to the second level..

Thanks D8veh , my nagging doubts have all disappeared..

OXYDrive

Thanks Dave for clearing this up for me, as always you are quicker then me to respond :D

The settings button hold time is adequately 3sec for basic settings and 12sec for advanced. Kits come set to be fully compliant with EN15194 but beauty is you can modify it to be what you want it to be.

From Friday there is a new V1.6 manual available for CST kits. Gives bit more info how to change settings at the last page. You can download it from the support page

http://www.oxydrive.co.uk/support/index.html

Happy OXYDriving ;)

Andrew

mymatephil

Apr 3, 2014
My oxydrive kit is great but the battery doesnt sit very securely on my frame.
and since I want to bounce around on the rough stuff, I think it might be better to carry it in a backpack..
I reckon If I left the controller on the frame, all I would need is a cable which can connect to the battery/battery housing plugs..

has anyone done this before.. can I get cable connectors to fit this?
pins.jpg sock.jpg