Oxydrive kits

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Almost finished. Any good ideas on tidying the wiring?
After neatly arranging your wires using velcro, self amalgamating tape or cable ties (careful with cable ties as they can bite in to the wires) you could coil up the excess wire and fit in a small triangle bag fitted to top tube at the rear or front of your frame.
Keep wires tight against front fork but with enough slack higher up to get full lock on steering.
You could leave a drip loop at the motor end to help prevent water entering motor as long as you don't use off road as it can catch on stuff.
Dave.

D

Deleted member 4366

Don't forget that you mustn't over-tighten the cable ties (zip-ties) whatever kit you install. I've had to repair a couple where someone had pulled them so tight that they broke the wire inside the insulation.

bigearsbilly

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2016
I went for my first ride. Just popped down the road and back. As I got in I looked at the display. 18 miles ! I am so impressed. 20 miles now and the battery still has all 5 bars showing! What how can that be?I press the integral battery tester. Yep that shows all L.E.D.s too. Voltage down to 37V from 40V initially. Admittedly I like to pedal a bit. Only use 4 assist and drop to 2 assist on shared paths with dogs and children but still I am astounded.

silles

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2015
I went for my first ride. Just popped down the road and back. As I got in I looked at the display. 18 miles ! I am so impressed. 20 miles now and the battery still has all 5 bars showing! What how can that be?I press the integral battery tester. Yep that shows all L.E.D.s too. Voltage down to 37V from 40V initially. Admittedly I like to pedal a bit. Only use 4 assist and drop to 2 assist on shared paths with dogs and children but still I am astounded.
Don't trust the battery indicator ;) It's just based on the voltage, which is not good indicator of capacity left...

It will drop sharply after 20-25 miles.
The max I got is 35 miles so farm with 0 bars at the end, but still had 4-5 at 25 miles.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Oh that's right burst my bubble ☺
With my Oxydrive HT CST I can get about 80 - 100 miles with my 2 batts 13 &11ah , though usually have to be on speed 1 and assist 3 - 5.
40V isn't fully charged you should see 41.5 - 42 v.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
On my 65 mile ride today, I did 48 miles on the 13ah battery.

Reactions: bigearsbilly

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
We use about same number of Wh per kilometre. I am going to have to go to 16 Ah because a 12 Ah battery will not get me to the city and back again however I run the numbers... :(

dave92

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 30, 2016
Hello, I'm completely new to using this (or any other) type of forum so apologies in advance if I'm doing it wrong; but here goes.

Can somebody help me please. I've got a newly installed F250 kit on a titanium framed road bike with steel forks and have ridden it for about 170 miles over the past two weeks or so. I've previously recharged it successfully three times from a starting level of about 37 volts up to a full charge of 41.7 volts when the red light has gone out. Now when trying to recharge the battery for a 4th time again at about 37 volts, the green light doesn't change to red. I've measured the output plug of the charger with a multimeter and it shows 33.8 volts which I assume it not going to recharge the battery up to 42 volts. I've been in touch with Andrew at OxyDrive but he's out at the moment so I don't know what to do next. Any advice or guidance from the Pedelec community would be much appreciated as I've been off my newly electrified bike for several days now and I'm missing it greatly.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Sounds like a duff charger.

dave92

Jan 30, 2016
Can anyone please tell me what the process is to get a replacement charger under warranty if Andrew if unavailable to respond to both email and telephone messages. Thanks.

Chris.mitu

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2015
Kent
Hi Dave - how long ago did you contact him? In my dealings with him it has taken him a few days to respond.
Good luck

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Andrew does post / look in here so if you can't get hold of him hopefully he will respond, contacting isn't usually a problem. Sounds like your charger is faulty should eventually get replaced if in warranty, keep trying he will reply may just be busy or away.

Chris.mitu

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2015
Kent
Does anyone know what the difference is between the 250 and 350w kit? When I bought my 250w kit in June 2015 the wisdom was that the motor was more powerful than the rated 250 and was limited by a setting controlled from the LCD display and could be easily cranked-up to 350w? Is the new 350w motor different from mine?

RTFM -:)
Just read this on the Oxydrive website
http://www.oxydrive.co.uk/electric-bike-kit/oxydrive-cst-ht-13ah.html

"PLEASE NOTE: OXYDrive CST HT conversion kit is available in two differerent motor options 250W road legal and fully complaint with EN15194 or more powerful version of 350W for off road use only. The difference between the motors is in the number of copper coils inside of the motor. The 350W can run longer under high loads without overheating effect."

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Watts = Amps x Volts

The 250 W motor will provide up to 620 W with the battery hot off the charger and about 550 W at 37 V when used in the highest assistance level.

The 350 W version may also have an 18 A controller.

OXYDrive

Hello to all pedelec members,

Just to clarify for those who may have experienced some delay in getting my response. Apologies guys, I do travel a lot recently and there are various dozens of email coming every day which sometimes indeed is quite difficult to respond to all emails immediately.

If landline does not respond, it means I'm travelling and re-diverting does not seem to work every-time so please call me on my mobile 07738866502. I always have this phone with me.

As for Dave's case, charger seems duff and I already sent order to warehouse to dispatch a new charger so this should solve the problem.

As for next week from 23rd till 31st I'm in China all week so I'll try to respond to all email as quick as I can

thanks for understanding guys

br

Andrew

Reactions: Nealh

Chris.mitu

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2015
Kent
Hi Andrew - quick question - is the guarantee for the Oxydrive kit transferable to new owner if the kit is sold on?